New Multiplayer Experience

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
Can you recommend a game with a good multiplayer, that has populated servers for xbox 360.
I like the gears of war multiplayer, COD is not so great but I'd try a game similar. So any good shooter really. Cheers in advance

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
I would recomend Battlefield Bad company 2 but only if you can get some friends to work with you it will drive you insane if you try to play alone.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
Hawk eye1466 said:
I would recomend Battlefield Bad company 2 but only if you can get some friends to work with you it will drive you insane if you try to play alone.
I have friends that play it, I have played it, tanks kept destroying my bulidings. Pretty fun though

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Transformers: War for Cybertron is a bit like GoW, and is really, really good. Don't listen to Yahtzee, get the game. Fantastic online.

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
ToTaL LoLiGe said:
Hawk eye1466 said:
I have friends that play it, I have played it, tanks kept destroying my bulidings. Pretty fun though
I always had fun running around while a tank blew up walls around me it made the game feel hectic and exciting and if the tanks ever turned into a real threat I swiched to a G3 with C4 and usually ended up killing myself with the tank.

HiC

Mar 31, 2011
this is a bit different from what your used to, but try the assassins creed: brotherhood multiplayer. it's the most unique multiplayer in the past 10 years... easily

Zergadooful

Sep 30, 2010
Red Faction Guerrilla has incredibly fun and unique multiplayer with destructible environments, fun guns, and backpacks that give you different abilities. It's a shame few people play online anymore.

MightyMole

Mar 5, 2011
Well... I don't know if you own any of these games or are even looking for these as answers but...

Halo: Reach - If you don't own this and have an Xbox 360, get it. It pretty much has the whole shabang when it comes to online.

Battlefield: Bad Co. 2 - Class shooter kind of similar to CoD in that its a more modern military FPS. Pretty much a more advanced CoD... Best way to describe it I think.

Left 4 Dead/ Left 4 Dead 2 - One of the best multiplayer experiences on the 360 IMO probably only second to Halo. Pretty much a survival point A to point B game but its really fun and if you get into it, you can lose a lot of time into them. Its best played online with buddies, but you can search for strangers or just play offline and have bots be your team. They also have a versus mode where you play as zombies and L4D2 has special scenario playlists.

Borderlands - Similar to Left 4 Dead in that its a coopertive shooter, but this game is more of an RPG and really best played when you have buddies to play with instead of strangers online. They have a nasty habit of screwing with your game, i.e. dropping modded guns or activating quests you don't have, messing with your quest log. This game, you'd really only want to play with people you know or just by yourself.

BioShock 2 - Not the greatest game on earth, but its pretty solid. The Multiplayer is kind of like CoDs where you pick your weapons and powers and customize your character and play different match settings. When you find your niche, it can be really enjoyable. Plus, you can pick it up for around $10. Multiplayer may be dead though.

The Orange Box (Team Fortress 2) - TF2 for the PC may be the definitive version, but that doesn't make the 360's any less fun. Its a class shooter with a cartoony look to it. Each class has their job to help benefit the team as a whole complete their objective.

Monday Night Combat - If you like TF2, this is really similar to it. Think of it like a TF2 meets Tower Defense kind of game. Its on the XBLA for 800 msp (or $10 in human speak)I believe.

Resident Evil 5 - Not a great horror game, but if you like Gears of War, you may enjoy this game. It's only 2 player Co-op so it's suggested you have a buddy play this with you, if not may want to pass.

Splinter Cell: Conviction - 2 Player co-op stealth game... It's Splinter Cell. About the same as RE5, no buddy, you may want to pass.

Portal 2 - 2 Player co-op puzzle game. If you're looking for multiplayer only, this game may entertain you for a while and it's really good, but not a whole lot of staying power TBH. You may get a good 16 hours if you play it extensively but otherwise, you may be better off with another game if you're looking for a good time sink.

Red Dead Redemption - Great sandbox game which transitions to a great open-world multiplayer game. It also has matchmaking playlists if you just wanna kill people.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Probably the most unique multiplayer experience you can get on the system. Kind of like a hide n' seek game, where you have a target to find and kill while (depending on the game type) a player is trying to find and kill you.

I just talked about the multiplayer aspect of these games. A lot of them have great single player campaigns as well. Hope this helps you out :)

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
I know this is outside your area, but I find (Also a shooter guy) that looking outside your niche can yield unexpected results.

That said, try Spiral Knights, Terraria, Killing floor(Shooter) and Sanctum.
If your not a PC guy... Uhh... Sorry...

reigiveh quotes o_O

Mr. 47

May 25, 2011
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood's multiplayer is pretty fun if you like stealthier gameplay.

EDIT: Ninjad.

neilsaccount

Jun 17, 2009
Well if you want to go only two players I would recommend a game called Earth Defense Force 2017. Brilliant mindless fun and a sequel is coming soon. Look it up on youtube or something. Only splitscreen mind you...
Also, in the vein of Gears of War, choose Bulletstorm. Single player is great and the multiplayer is a nice 4 player coop experience. It's like horde mode but you kick, leash and skillshot enemies around a bunch of different unique arenas like they're ragdolls filled with jellybeans.

ZeZZZZevy

Apr 3, 2011
striderkiwi said:
You could try Dead Space 2 or Crysis 2
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! Dead Space 2's multiplayer is god awful (unless they fixed it since I last tried it). It's horribly unbalanced. The single player was excellent though, just don't get it for the multiplayer.

OT: If you're looking for something different you can pick up F.E.A.R. 3, the multiplayer is different than your standard deathmatch.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
neilsaccount said:
Well if you want to go only two players I would recommend a game called Earth Defense Force 2017. Brilliant mindless fun and a sequel is coming soon. Look it up on youtube or something. Only splitscreen mind you...
Also, in the vein of Gears of War, choose Bulletstorm. Single player is great and the multiplayer is a nice 4 player coop experience. It's like horde mode but you kick, leash and skillshot enemies around a bunch of different unique arenas like they're ragdolls filled with jellybeans.
Yeah bulletstorm is good but I didn't really like the multiplayer, every game I got in was laggy.

mikey7339

Jun 15, 2011
MightyMole said:
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Probably the most unique multiplayer experience you can get on the system. Kind of like a hide n' seek game, where you have a target to find and kill while (depending on the game type) a player is trying to find and kill you.
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood's multiplayer is a ton of fun. It really does make you feel like your playing hide and seek again, except now it's in sneaky-stab mode.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
EverythingIncredible said:
King Toasty said:
Transformers: War for Cybertron is a bit like GoW, and is really, really good. Don't listen to Yahtzee, get the game. Fantastic online.
Actually, I take back what I said. I completely agree with this because it is just a really really good game. It has an excellent online mode that is a lot like if Team Fortress 2 was done with Transformers. And the vehicles are just a lot of fun. It also has my favorite Horde mode by a LONG shot. Because it is hard and a ton of friggin' fun. Especially when done with others.

I wonder if people still play it...I dunno.
There's around 800 people on the PS3, not sure 'bout the other systems.
Glad you like it! With just a bit of balancing, it's be amazing.