New Nvidia Chip Features 3 Billion Transistors

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
The Rockerfly said:
Wow...I wish I knew more about computer chips then it might seem more impressive
i no what you mean, maybe one day, I shall rise to be a tech nerd...

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
You remember a few years ago how every model of card that nVidia put out was made with substandard components and suffered fatal and sometimes catastropic failures? You know how that these cards were never recalled and are still being sold?

Yeah it may have 3 billion transistors, but are they still made out of Explodium?

Jenkins

Dec 4, 2007
im going to get two of these badboys...

I would of course will(and have)been through the paper work required to sell my body to whoring for cash, and my soul to the devil.

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
And here I am, sitting at my shitty laptop which struggles to run a word processor and a web browser at the same time.

qazcake said:
that is a crap load mabie too much of a crapload
That... that was your first post?

Really? You joined to say that?

ERadical

Aug 30, 2009
Captain Pancake said:
What sort of memory will be on those things? 256Mb in a Geforce 8400 GT just won't cut it these days...
The memory heirarchy is new, with a new coherent and unified L2 cache serving all SMs with no partitions, and a new unified memory space allows each SM to talk to not just it's own local registers and shared memory, but L2 and beyond, all the way out into system memory (up to 1 TiB, backed by a hardware TLB).
I hope that helps but I have no idea what it means ;)

EDIT: Read this somewhere "The video memory volume, most likely, will be 1.5 GB."

Azhrarn-101

Jul 15, 2008
ThePeiceOfEden said:
pimppeter2 said:
*Nerdgasms*
Indeed.

The price tag though. Holy moley!
You'll have to be a bit more patient though [http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20091228PD207.html]

To summarise: they're delaying it to March 2010, ATI has the market to itself for the time being.

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009
You have no idea how hard it is to resist the urge to rip out my old GFX card and burn it right now.