New OS weird quarks

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
So I had to reinstall my OS recently and its pretty much setup, but there are a few weird things the machine is doing that my old OS didn't. I think they both had the same release of windows 10 pro installed. The old one was originally a windows 7 that was updated to 10 and then every other version of 10, so that might have something to do with this also.

Anyway, one of the most noticeable things right now is that when I turn on the machine, steam doesn't come up. Like it will start, but the window doesn't show up till I click the icon and then I have to setup the chat and such. Before both the main steam window would come up when it started and all my chats would be ready. I tried turning on restart apps in the sign in settings but that didn't work. Does anyone know what setting I'm looking for? I've tried looking it up but so far come up blank.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Thanks, that kinda works. The main steam page comes up, but I still have to manually open all my chat tabs, so the search goes on.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Like all the search results are people asking how to disable chat opening on startup... I only use Steam to launch games and didn't even realize there was a chat.

Reactions: gorfias

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Like all the search results are people asking how to disable chat opening on startup... I only use Steam to launch games and didn't even realize there was a chat.
I looked up a few of those and it did give me a couple ideas of things to try tomorrow.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yeah, looking that up helped so yay, steam is coming up the way I like.