New Overwatch Beta Patch Brings New Tracer Pose, Accidental Invisibility

Flaery

Ghetto Trash
Dec 23, 2012
Good thing Tracer is too much of a hopeless drunk to afford booty-reduction surgery. The booty is saved, long live the booty.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Ya know, this seems like the exact pose Tracer would choose after this controversy. "uhh, so the pose is too sexy? Well how about THIS one?"

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I like it, and from what little I know about Tracer from the films, I think this one might suit her personality better.
Remus said:
Ya know, this seems like the exact pose Tracer would choose after this controversy. "uhh, so the pose is too sexy? Well how about THIS one?"
And that is sums up my entire thought process on this. Well done. :)

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
well, actually looks good. still quirky and lustful.

but im a bit confused now. i thought the beta will come out next month. thats what i keep reading, even on the official site.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
meirol said:
Jack O said:
This is almost exactly the same pose only now she's raised her leg....what changed exactly?
Nah see, her leg is raised up real high! So now your 8 year old daughter can't imitate that pose and think that's how all girls should be like! Because children have shit balance!

Problem solved
Favorite reason for the change.

But yeah, a change from "default skintight suit" pose to something with a bit more personality and an old pop art reference makes it work better. More character in victory screens is always a plus.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Blizzard. You're a bit too late. April fools was the first.

What... Wait, you're serious?

Blizzard has entered full troll mode now. Pose is pin up girl pose, and just looks... Off. Its like they responded to criticism by turning the pose into a ridiculous parody of itself.

As for the argument it was purely because they wanted to fix it technically... Nope. It was obvious the old pose had a fair following. Creating the new pose whilst still offering the old pose as a legacy option, hidden even further than previous, would have done that. They removed it to milk this dry. I think the internet has just been played by Blizzard. Its rare to see a company seemingly actively mock a controversy about one of its products like this, but if it was going to be anyone, it was going to be Blizzard.
And if they seriously thought this was an actual improvement... Uhh... No. No, its really not.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
Neverhoodian said:
The cynical part of me feels like this was just a big PR stunt, and they played us all like fiddles. Well played, Blizzard.
It was a huge PR stunt.

I don't know about anybody else, but the wafting smell of bullshit imitating from the story was why I detested it in the first place. They NEVER gave a damn about how the apparent sexiness of it. This new pose doesn't really change anything as far as my feelings toward Blizzard are concerned. But I will admit... this pose is cuter than the last one.

Flaery said:
Good thing Tracer is too much of a hopeless drunk to afford booty-reduction surgery. The booty is saved, long live the booty.
http://www.entravity.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/space-dandy-anime1.jpg

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
I dont like the new pose. the old one at least made her look like a human being, this one just looks way out of proportion, like its some alien trying to pretend shes human.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Neverhoodian said:
Hmmmm...

*Attempts pose*

Whoa-whoa-WHOOOOAAAA!

Jesus, I can't hold that for more than a few seconds.

So Blizzard removes the old pose because they claim it over-sexualized Tracer...only to replace it with one straight out of a World War II pin-up? The cynical part of me feels like this was just a big PR stunt, and they played us all like fiddles. Well played, Blizzard.
If you read Jeff Kaplan's second post, it wasn't due to over-sexualization in the first place. They simply weren't happy with the pose, and had another one ready to go. This is, of course, if you believe that this was the only reason.

I personally am very pleased with the new pose! :D

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
... taking bets before I go read

3:1 - Someone on Blizzards Forums commented about how this pose is inferior to the first one
5:2 - Someone whinged about the new one being 'sexier'
189,994:1 - No-one complained in any capacity
1:1 - Someone replied with a word for word repost of the initial complaint about Pose 1

Anyone? Anyone want to place?

reciprocal

Jun 4, 2009
I'm sorry but the first response from Kaplan was an apology and a promise to remove the pose to sate a poster who thought that the pose was too sexy for Tracer. Blizzard may not have thought the pose itself was too sexy and were likely going to replace it, but they APOLOGISED to the poster and removed the pose RELATIVELY QUICKLY. Show me where another poster has gotten such a response.

I'm withholding judgement until I see Blizzard's response when someone else complain about this pose or other poses. Heck, I'll wait and see if a technical complaint gets a similar response.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
So are we done then? Finished with the non-controversy? Done with the "CENSORSHIP" cobble, "SJW" rabble nonsense?

It was just a pose. A picture. Something Blizzard can edit, change and lie about all they wish.

Nah, who am I kidding. Someone will still write a length and unneeded post about something or whatever.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Parasondox said:
So are we done then? Finished with the non-controversy? Done with the "CENSORSHIP" cobble, "SJW" rabble nonsense?

It was just a pose. A picture. Something Blizzard can edit, change and lie about all they wish.

Nah, who am I kidding. Someone will still write a length and unneeded post about something or whatever.
im pretty sure of that too. maybe once the game is out, some of these guys will find something to pick on. maybe black widow or widow maker will be next for showing too much cleavage.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Parasondox said:

Blizzard could have handled the initial posts on the forum a million times better. They made it sound like they were bending to the dad who let's his 8-year old daughter play a T rated game and wants it to not have T themes. They also made it sound like a sexy pose wasn't strong or heroic due to the woman having a body which should actually have offended everyone without the context the new pose provides.

Instead, they just meant the pose wasn't actively expressing strength or heroism in their minds. They had no problem with the sexuality which had obviously been in Tracer's wheelhouse from the start.

How they worded things the way they did is beyond me. Just not thinking I guess or perhaps they thought they could kill two birds with one stone if they were already getting rid of this pose regardless. But yes, the end result was not them playing homage to the demonification of sexuality and was just them replacing boring with more interesting.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Invisible soldier glitch eh? Maybe they could work it in as a special ability, kinda like a brief stealth field or some such.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013

http://41.media.tumblr.com/eadc50cf6ec4ea67be56e08ab5f3c879/tumblr_o58b24ruxn1s0e7dro1_540.png
They confirmed you can fuck the robot.

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
Remember when creatives didn't contradict themselves from statement to statement, including releases of something?

OK, me neither, but I find this ridiculous. How anything of them has any credibility anymore is beyond me regarding creative content.