New Overwatch Patch Gives Ana a Buff While Tweaking McCree Yet Again

Sep 24, 2008
gmaverick019 said:
well when you open the first like 4 links that you google searched, they are all about mei needing to be nerf and that she is OP, so that's why I took it that you thought mei was OP as well since that what's what was being discussed.
My original post was directed to kajinking... who is oddly the only person who hasn't responded to me as I quoted him.

Other than you, everyone who has responded to me has just saw the name 'Mei' and just went running with that. The point of my post was this that the Overwatch community is very, very vocal about what they think about certain characters and they aren't hearing a peep about them.

The Google link I posted was to see if Blizzard listened to the dissenters and perhaps nerfed her in anyway. If you hover over the link, I only typed three words.

Overwatch. Mei. Nerf.

Not that she needs a nerf, not that she's OP and so horrible for the game (I actually love her personality. If I was 14 again, I'd ship Lucio+Mei so hard...), just a simple trio of words to see if there was any nerf.

What you saw is the outcry of the community. We have people here that thinks she's fine. I actually agree. I think Mei is great. But she is among the characters that rolled well and got some really good perks. Does that mean she's horrible for the game? I don't think so. But I do listen and pay attention to the Overwatch community, and it's been something said since Beta I think.

I haven't seen word one from Blizzard about it.

Although, some people got mad at McCree and Blizzard is on a non stop mission to make him into... something. Soldier 76 was perfectly serviceable as the entry character. Pretty boring and average. But he felt the nerfhammer for some reason. I never saw any outcry about him. Widowmaker was never that bad in my opinion. But in truth, as you can tell by my avatar I main Lucio (along with D.Va and Zenyatta), so she never gave me any problems. But people had a fit so she's nerfed.

There are other suggestions that seem to be ignored. Seems to be. I don't work with Blizzard, so I don't know what happens behind their doors. But there are people who want to see what they find to be grievous addressed since other people are getting their way, such as the McCree nerf.

And as a Lucio main, honestly I don't think the McCree nerf was that needed. He's a better analogous character to the Spy and those instant death characters in FPS's like this. It took a lot of skill to sneak around when you don't have invisibility to get the Flash/Hammer.

Denamic said:
ObsidianJones said:
I don't even need to post Mei.
Mei isn't even that good. She fills a very niche role of neutralising quick flankers, and even then, most of the flankers she's supposed to counter has escape mechanisms that neuters her. Sure, if she catches you alone, she'll probably kill you, but she's trash in teamfights aside from her ult. Pick Zarya or Junkrat, and Mei is deleted.
See what I've been posting all through this thread. I think Mei is fine, but as the link shows, there are a lot of people in the community who think she's broken. And people get upset that McCree needs to be adjusted to high heaven, but their personal gripes about their characters aren't addressed which leads to anger.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Fappy said:
Not sure what they'd do with him, but I feel like Junkrat really needs to be looked at. He's the only character in the game that has consistently killed me by complete accident. A lot of deaths to Junkrat just feel cheap and lazy.
What heroes do you frequently play as? I find I can nail junkrat with 76 or Pharah.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
*Reads thread*

It's not a Blizzard game if it doesn't promote endless bickering over every slight balance tweak.

"I'm rock. Nerf paper. Scissors is fine."

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
ObsidianJones said:
But I do listen and pay attention to the Overwatch community, and it's been something said since Beta I think.

That would be because when it comes to the topic of game balance, regular players are utterly full of shit. Always have been, always will be.

They want their favourites buffed, their counters nerfed and their victims are just fine thank you.

Blizzard have been in the business long enough to know this and also long enough to know to not say this out loud. Better to just let the idiot masses screech at each other.

Qizx

Executor
Feb 21, 2011
Frankster said:
:S Good Ana players were already formidable and was seeing Ana very often in competitive ranked games, I have even more reason to fear her now.

Whilst talking about characters that "need" a nerf in our humble opinion:

Roadhog, the hook (and it's very generous hitbox)+left click 1 shotting people is super lame. How is no one here complaining about that? xD And the dude is 600 hp and self heals super fast too, I always dread seeing a Roadhog on the enemy team and always cheer when there's one on my team since I know that dude can take care of himself.
Roadhog gets shut down by Reinhardt shield, and melts to Reaper. Just keep moving and dancing and he can't hit you. I do agree though that he can be really annoying.

Zhukov said:
ObsidianJones said:
But I do listen and pay attention to the Overwatch community, and it's been something said since Beta I think.

That would be because when it comes to the topic of game balance, regular players are utterly full of shit. Always have been, always will be.

They want their favourites buffed, their counters nerfed and their victims are just fine thank you.

Blizzard have been in the business long enough to know this and also long enough to know to not say this out loud. Better to just let the idiot masses screech at each other.
And then it gets more complicated where one thing may stomp new players(zerg rushes etc.) but suck against more seasoned players. Let the whining flow.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Maybe have a look at Junkrat, ladies and gents. For obvious reasons.

Oh yeah, and where's the Zenyatta buff you've been teasing for weeks? Come on!

Sep 14, 2009
ObsidianJones said:
See what I've been posting all through this thread. I think Mei is fine, but as the link shows, there are a lot of people in the community who think she's broken. And people get upset that McCree needs to be adjusted to high heaven, but their personal gripes about their characters aren't addressed which leads to anger.
I'm not sure what servers you play on or if you play competitive, but mcree was *dominating* the competitive scene, there was a reason why you would see him every match no matter what, and he was tanking every other hero, especially on pc, hence the tweaking. Mei, while I like to play her, does no such thing, especially in competitive...so there are no changes.

Just because people complain doesn't mean anything, it's about what actually happens in the matches, which is what blizzard is paying attention to more than the ocean of complaining online about every single character.

Achelexus

May 31, 2014
Sonicron said:
Maybe have a look at Junkrat, ladies and gents. For obvious reasons.

Oh yeah, and where's the Zenyatta buff you've been teasing for weeks? Come on!
Zenyatta had a massive buff already...

chocolate pickles

Apr 14, 2011
Blizzard didn't want Mcree to be too good at short range, so they nerfed fan the hammer. Now they don't want him to be too good at long range?

Blizzard has no clue what the hell they're doing.