New Parasite Eve Has Plot Tweaked to Include Shower Scene Fanservice

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
You see this is one of those times when you need to ignore you fans, if not tell them out right where they can shove it. ¬_¬

Also, if I'm not mistaken, this is exactly the sort of thing they were saying we need to stop doing in that one Extra Credits video!

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
cursedseishi said:
Snotnarok said:
No one here played it of course so they don't know there was actually a shower Scene in 2 already.

The story goes Aya Brea was at an opera house when a woman went crazy and people started lighting on fire around her, she chased her and witnessed rats mutating. What's basically going on is a better told Resident Evil/super soldier storyline from what I gather (Still have to beat 2). Aya Brea is like the opera singer in the way that she now has abilities granted by her altered cells able to cast "spells" and she stays youthful, she's in her mid thirties but looks like she's in her early 20's.

It's all about biology, I've heard little on the story in this one but for all those saying a shower scene is goofy and whatever, they did it already and in 2 it was worked in just fine.
Aye, the idea is based off an actual fact, that our mitochondria are separate beings, with their own unique DNA. The spells (which are made much more believable in PE 2) are based off Aya's unique condition allowing her to use the energy her body generates from fighting off the "monster" aspect of the unique mitochondrian cells in her, to interact and affect herself, her surroundings, or other beings through their own cells. The games are actually based off a novel, and subsequently a movie, of the same name, but act as sequels to them.

Her appearance is that of a 20 something year old because the awakened mitochondria within her find that a host body at such an age is at their physical peak, so its advantageous to remain at that level.

As for the shower scene itself, its pushing the game back to its original rating, because the first two had them. I can't quite comment on WHY they were in, or care why they were in the games in the first place, but I can always guess. Maybe they are there to remind the players she IS still human, that despite her monstrous capabilities, she's still a female, and (portrayed as) an attractive one at that.

edit: Besides, think of it this way, as some brought up, yes its fanservice, but you know what? Its fan-service the developers included because the fans wanted it. Which is a step(however small) closer to them maybe making another game in the series with all the mechanics we love.
Yeah the shower scene in the 2nd one was her first day in the desert, it was just a scene to show her taking a break from being in the hellish desert filled by mutated things.

I don't like fan service but if you want to call the scene in 2 fanservice it actually fit , I dunno call me crazy it just felt like when seeing her in the shower was like "Okay time to sit back I can actually relax and not have monsters trying to bite my face off" in a weird connected to the character sort of way.

Hiroshi Mishima

Sep 25, 2008
I am a fan of Parasite Eve and let me be very clear when I feel that this is.. FUCKING STUPID. Why in the bloody 8th level of Hell would Square even bother doing this? Oh wait, I just answered my own question. It's SquareEnix now, and making bad decisions is part of their daily routine.

Oh well, I'd already given up on ever acknowledging the new "supposed" sequel (from what I read it may still be non-canonical) as a proper addition.. now I absolutely will refuse to. I'm willing to be her character growth is shot all to hell and she'll be as flat (figuratively speaking) and wooden as Harry Kim in Voyager.

Great job, SE! You've managed to ruin another game series! Make another Xenogears game so you can shit all over that one, too! *sighs and goes back to his SNES and PSX*

EDIT: Just to clarify, I actually don't care for stuff like shower scenes in movies/games because it's just pandering to the male/female (depending on who) fanbase's lowest common denominator. I don't actually remember the scene in PE2 well enough (cause I didn't pay attention to it) to say that it did or didn't fit. However, after a day in the desert one does get pretty dusty.

However, that doesn't mean you have to SHOW the damned shower scene, simply imply it. Or is someone going to suggest we need to remake Mario RPG and actually SHOW him in the damned shower at the Inn in the Deluxe Suite? <_<

WINDOWCLEAN2

Jan 12, 2009
As bad as this is, Im not going to complain too much about getting to see a hot chick naked....That would just make me a Hypocrite.

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
Why of all the things that could be included and got it in the "media" spotlight, it was this one?
Boobs.
Seriously?

We get this all the time. Hey look! BOOBIES! Its tiresome.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
This_ends_now said:
teh_Canape said:
ProtoChimp said:
Jiraiya72 said:
To be fair, the fan's of games have whined for much worse things. At least this time we get to see a hot chick get naked.
Like what?
like, say, Sonic's eye colors

OHSNAPCRACKLEPOP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9watN9SK1Y

That's all I have to add to your comment. Sorry I truly couldn't help myself.
1) cool
2)Sonic's eye colours wha-

Nocturnal Gentleman

Mar 12, 2010
ProtoChimp said:
TheAmazingHobo said:
Man, imagine what would have happened if the fans instead demanded that Square-Enix makes a good game for once.
*ba-dum-tish*
The end result would be Persona 4 OH SNAP.
With the writers they have? That could never happen.

Anyway, this doesn't bother me too much. I never liked the parasite eve games. The dialogue hurt my eyes and the whole mitochondria being like a parasite thing was just stupid to me. Something can't be a parasite when it works with another organism for mutual benefits. Especially something that has long since just become part of a system.

However, if they must include a shower scene for the fans than I also demand a scene rivaling the hilarity factor of the first revealed mutant in parasite eve 2. I don't think I've ever seen anything in a horror game as funny as a mutant that makes horse noises.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
That's beyond stupid. They're really conceding to the stupid young fanboys in this way? What are people of this intelligence level even doing anticipating a game in such a classic, old franchise? Seriously, Square Enix? Respect lost.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
CrystalShadow said:
OK... That's just weird.

Then again, I turned over a manga recently and noted the ratings advice:

Rated 13+

Contains:
mild sexual innuendo
Mild fan service

I mean, that just made me laugh. The ratings categories for Manga must be quite interesting...
Just out of curiosity, Which manga was it?

O.T:Well that's certainly an...intersting request to be fufilled, you know, take away some of the budget to make a pointless shower scene, as apposed to put more money into better, more deserving THings.

10BIT

Sep 14, 2008
FredTheUndead said:
TheAmazingHobo said:
Man, imagine what would have happened if the fans instead demanded that Square-Enix makes a good game for once.
*ba-dum-tish*
Then they'd release 4 Heroes of Light. Or TWEWY.

Which they did.
Release? Yes. Make? No. Matrix [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrix_Software] and Jupiter [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jupiter_(company)] made those games respectively. All the games I've enjoyed that were credited to Square Enix were developed by other companies, e.g. Level-5 [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level-5] made Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies, Neverland [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverland_(company)] made Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals, Tri-Ace [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-Ace] made Radiata Stories, and Tose [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOSE] made the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime games.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Well, Squeenix is already below "tasteless" in my eyes, so I guess this isn't beneath them.
I mean, the rape of Final Fantasy 7 is pretty tough to beat.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009

But seriously, this escene is as legendary (or more, at least for me) that the sex scene in God of War (and way less graphic and more artsy) so I'm very happy they did it, even though i didn't think of it until i read this.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
hurfdurp said:
If I tweet enough, can I get a shower scene with Leon for RE6? Please help my dream come true y'all.
I loled. Hard. SURE I'LL HELP YOU SWEETIE PIE. Just don't have twitter. Darnit all to heck!

OT: Square Enix are a bunch of gibbering idiots. Not surprised.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Thaius said:
That's beyond stupid. They're really conceding to the stupid young fanboys in this way? What are people of this intelligence level even doing anticipating a game in such a classic, old franchise? Seriously, Square Enix? Respect lost.
They can't be that young if they are fanboys of this game right?