New PC, now I just need new PC games~

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
i got a new computer for christmas (hp Pavilion p6214y PC). This is the first in a long time that i've had a computer thats actually capable of doing something productive (tho i still have yet to hook it to the internet... technical difficulties >.>)

so, i would like to now get some PC games, any recommendations?

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Crysis
Dragon Age
Mass Effect

Actually just take a look on Steam, that'll give you all you need to know.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
steam is full of pc goodness, get l4d2, kings bounty gold, serious sam hd (its on sale for 7 bucks this weekend) and you cant go wrong with the thq game pack

Sgtkillalot0

Sep 29, 2009
The Orange Box, some Battlefield games (suggests 2142), Counter-Strike Source, Garry's Mod, and Borderlands.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Sins of A Solar Empire

X3: Reunion

Galciv: II Twilight of the Anor (Arnor?)

Civ 4 (both expansions) & Civ 4 Colonization (standalone thingy)

Also, Fallout 3

And I'm told by Yahtzee that Batman Al-Anon. I mean, Arkham Asylum is pretty good.

slowpoke999

Sep 17, 2009
Lets start-
Orange Box(This is an absolute must, 99% chance you will like at least one game out of 3, and it's only $20 so if you only like 1 it's still worth it)
Left 4 Dead 2

Those are games I've played first hand

Borderlands
Dragon Age

Games I've heard lots of good things about.

Bioshock
Bad Company
Crisis
Mass Effect

If i were you i Wouldn't get these games, there sequals are coming out soon so you may as well get them(But especially Bad Company, I heard it sucks but BC2 looks so good you HAVE to get it)

If you're rich just get all of them.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Sgtkillalot0 said:
The Orange Box, some Battlefield games (suggests 2142), Counter-Strike Source, Garry's Mod, and Borderlands.
the orange box and garry's mod were 2 games i've been wanting to get for a long time,

Edit: your avatar is win

era81

Jun 11, 2009
Steam and I suggest a new power supply and video card to go along with it.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
era81 said:
o_O a new power supply and videocard? b-but.. this computer is brand new.. shouldn't the current videocard be good??

MastrChieaf

Mar 23, 2009
Go on steam and get the valve complete pack
it has every Valve game on there for 99$

If you have any money left over I highly recommend Dragon Age:Origins

If after that you have money left over (or don't want Dragon Age)
Then I recommend Oblivion
But for pc the Valve complete pack is a must

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
tthor said:
i got a new computer for christmas (hp Pavilion p6214y PC). This is the first in a long time that i've had a computer thats actually capable of doing something productive (tho i still have yet to hook it to the internet... technical difficulties >.>)

so, i would like to now get some PC games, any recommendations?
TEAM FORTRESS 2

NOW.

era81

Jun 11, 2009
tthor said:
era81 said:
o_O a new power supply and videocard? b-but.. this computer is brand new.. shouldn't the current videocard be good??
Unfortunately pre-built rigs have a nasty habit of using onboard gpus and these shitty little 300 watt psus. Thay can cramp a game up pretty good if your gonna go heavy like Crysis but it still might play other stuff well though. So maybe just be ready if need be if memory serves me right that is an athlon II so it probally has inbetween the radeon 3200 to about the 3600 which they still use in laptops so hopefully I just worried you for nothing. But if it does come to maybe you want some more power it really isn't that expensive or even that hard to upgrade.

digitalarcane667

Jan 8, 2010
If you're in to RTS type games,

I would highly recommend sins of a solar empire and/or world in conflict. Both are quite a bit of fun in my experience.

Dragon Age is an excellent RPG. Go for it.

L4D/L4D2 is awesome multiplayer fun.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
rts must haves DOW series, dow2 (I suppose that ones more personal opinion since some ppl hate not building a base) world in conflict, company of heroes, I suppose star wars empire at war (the planet battles are kinda boring but the space ones are awsome)