New Pokemon Mega Evolutions!

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
These are all Meh to me. All I want is a Mega-Vigoroth or Slacking. Vigoroths are my favorite pokemon...

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
Mega Altaria: So, dragon and fairy huh? Wonder how long that'll take to be banned on the competitive scene.

Mega Lopunny: Well, I guess it kinda needed a mega evolution. I pretty much used my buneary solely as an HM slave.

Mega Salamance: ...why? Salamance in itself is a goddamn tank, and now you wanna give him a fucking mega evolution? Christ, the only thing that's gonna be able to bring this fucker down is Mega Altaria...

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
I kinda wish they'd stop giving mega evolutions to Pokemon that are already stronger than most, or still have room left for a regular evolution.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Mr.Mattress said:
These are all Meh to me. All I want is a Mega-Vigoroth or Slacking. Vigoroths are my favorite pokemon...
It'd be Slacking if anything. I believe GameFreak said that none of the Mega Evolutions would be for Pokemon that aren't in their final form. If that wasn't the case, we'd end up getting a Mega Pikachu instead of Raichu, then I'd be just done... >.>

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Ok now wait just a second here. Salamence is my favorite Dragon Pokemon. In fact he's in my top 10 overall Pokemon. A few weeks ago I was actually going over it in my head, trying to think what a Mega form would look like.

This.... I'm really lost for words. It looks like a torpedo or something. I SERIOUSLY hope his arms are tucked in in the photo and he hasn't actually lost them. I like the way his head looks, it's just the arms that bother me. Still, I'll probably warm up to it eventually.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Sean Hollyman said:
Ok now wait just a second here. Salamence is my favorite Dragon Pokemon. In fact he's in my top 10 overall Pokemon. A few weeks ago I was actually going over it in my head, trying to think what a Mega form would look like.

This.... I'm really lost for words. It looks like a torpedo or something. I SERIOUSLY hope his arms are tucked in in the photo and he hasn't actually lost them. I like the way his head looks, it's just the arms that bother me. Still, I'll probably warm up to it eventually.
Yeah they're just tucked in. Helps to make it more aerodynamic I guess.

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
Mega Salamence looks part steel type, but it's obviously also still part flying type.

I already got Mega Manectric who's one of my favorite Pokemons, but I'd still like to see Mega Arcanine and Mega Electivire :D

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Semi-DemiFiend said:
Sean Hollyman said:

Yeah they're just tucked in. Helps to make it more aerodynamic I guess.
Oh thank Arceus for that. Maybe his arms will come out during his attack animation or something.

suntt123

Jun 3, 2013
2 new megas were "accidentally" leaked by a Korean website.
Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino (finally, a Gen V mega :p)
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Slowbro looks silly and he lost his useful abilities (Oblivious and Regenerator) for Shell Armor? I'll pass. But I guess he actually kinda looks like a hermit crab now at least.
Audino is now Normal/Fairy and keeps Healer. Which is neat. For Doubles/Triples anyway, but that was really the only reason to ever use Audino competitively.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Just saw the two new megas.

Yeah Slowbro design is a step backward especially when its third form is like a king/ chief capable of human speak. Now it want to become a bayblade

Audino on the other hand look great but sadly it still won't make me want to used that Pokemon since I find that Pokemon to be a Chansey clone (a healer).

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Wait, if Slowbro is getting one rather than Slowking, I guess we can confirm that middle forms will get megalutions now? Honestly, it seems like Slowking is a better choice anyway.

It is nice to see the fifth gen get some mega love. One question remains, will I use mega Audino? Audunno.

suntt123

Jun 3, 2013
Hero of Lime said:
Wait, if Slowbro is getting one rather than Slowking, I guess we can confirm that middle forms will get megalutions now? Honestly, it seems like Slowking is a better choice anyway.

It is nice to see the fifth gen get some mega love. One question remains, will I use mega Audino? Audunno.
Uhh... Slowking does not evolve from Slowbro, so no. We can't.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
suntt123 said:
Hero of Lime said:

Uhh... Slowking does not evolve from Slowbro, so no. We can't.
It doesn't, never mind then. I've only gotten one for the Pokedex a while back. That would make too much sense anyway.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
Hero of Lime said:

Slowbro isn't a middle form. Slowbro and Slowking are diverging evolutions. Slowpoke can turn into one or the other. So no, middle evolutions aren't getting Mega Forms.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Comic Sans said:
Hero of Lime said:

Slowbro isn't a middle form. Slowbro and Slowking are diverging evolutions. Slowpoke can turn into one or the other. So no, middle evolutions aren't getting Mega Forms.
Someone already corrected me, thanks.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Hero of Lime said:

I think a better question is: will/could the "Slowbronite" also evolve MegaSlowking? or can Slowking also evolve into MegaSlowbro? I feel they missed the opportunity to have two megas from one stone with Gardevoir/Gallade, and these two are much more closely related in form.

Also, I want MegaGallade. Just because. [sub]...because I don't like Medicham.[/sub]

Aarun

Apr 10, 2013
I'm just waiting for Mega Slowking, where the shell is covering it's head/arms with it's legs poking out the bottom.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
2xDouble said:
Hero of Lime said:

I think a better question is: will/could the "Slowbronite" also evolve MegaSlowking? or can Slowking also evolve into MegaSlowbro? I feel they missed the opportunity to have two megas from one stone with Gardevoir/Gallade, and these two are much more closely related in form.

Also, I want MegaGallade. Just because. [sub]...because I don't like Medicham.[/sub]
It would make sense if Slowking could mega evolve, but since Slowbro is a different evolution than Slowking, it may not happen like that. I don't know enough about Slowking to say if it would be better to have a mega Slowbro, or Slowking on your team.

As for mega Gallade, it will probably show up someday. I'm starting to think every(or at least most) Pokemon species will get a mega form in the future.