New Pokemon..."thing."

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
So, on August 25th, GameFreak is to announce a "surprising" new pokemon game on NicoNico. While there has been much speculation, Pokemon decided to throw us a curve by releasing this video

...just watch it.

Ce5mRvkAePU[/youtube]

1. Anyone speak Japanese and can translate what this is saying?
2. What did I just watch and where can I get some?

Thoughts?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
xaszatm said:
2. What did I just watch
It's a conga line of Slowpokes circling to some sort of Japanese reggae in the background.

and where can I get some?
As a general rule I assume anything that doesn't promote itself other than in kanji to be completely exclusive to Japan until further notice from Nintendo.

Parasitic_Chick

Dec 5, 2013
Oh dear. That was really weird. Really really weird. But I'm still going to tell all my friends to watch it.

HesGotFlow

Aug 6, 2014
I feel so violated having so many Slowpokes gaze through my soul like that. That creepy head-turn look suggests "I shall kill your family and proceed to capture all your Pokemon.. slowly."

On the other hand, phenomenal advertising (or teaser?) though. It's bound to give me nightmares for atleast a week.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Now, I can't translate it word for word, but the gist of it is "How's it going, Slowpoke" and then singing about various aspects of Slowpoke (like its color and how it combines with Shellder to evolve). All in all, it seems to be just a goofy reggae song about Slowpoke, in Japanese.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
kortin said:
Now, I can't translate it word for word, but the gist of it is "How's it going, Slowpoke" and then singing about various aspects of Slowpoke (like its color and how it combines with Shellder to evolve). All in all, it seems to be just a goofy reggae song about Slowpoke, in Japanese.
Not normally a fan of reggae, but I can see myself getting stoned and watching this for hours...