New races in Cataclysm disappoint me

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
The new goblin race for World of Warcraft Cataclysm is dissapointing to me in the aspect of a "Hardcore" Wc3 lover. The goblins have always been greedy, wealth loving imps who have had a awesome voice actor and wore used to sell out their "Services" to whoever wanted to pay them.
On their clients list there are names like:
Arthas the lich king
Warchief Thrall
Grom hellscream
Etc etc.
Now, why would you not be able to choose your faction in a... quest?
*Gz, level 10. horde or Alliance"
This would be more appropriate and hand in hand with the lore, or am i wrong?

internutt

Aug 27, 2008
The whole point is that these Goblins lost their home in a Cataclysm (the big storm in the middle of the two continents). So they side with the Horde. Quite possibly because the Horde are more trusting of them.

Besides, the Horde needed a midget race to match the Gnomes while the Alliance needed a furry race to match the Tauren.

Apr 14, 2009
internutt said:
The whole point is that these Goblins lost their home in a Cataclysm (the big storm in the middle of the two continents). So they side with the Horde. Quite possibly because the Horde are more trusting of them.

Besides, the Horde needed a midget race to match the Gnomes while the Alliance needed a furry race to match the Tauren.
They shouldn't be carbon copies of each other, that defeats the purpose of choosing sides.

internutt

Aug 27, 2008
flip7406 said:
internutt said:
They shouldn't be carbon copies of each other, that defeats the purpose of choosing sides.
Blizzard are all about Balancing their games.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
It's not the whole Goblin race, only a small colony from the Cataclysm that are seeking santuary.

Anyway, since Blood Elves ruled out the possibility of High Elves, Goblins have been the most asked for race. I'm personally looking forward to them.

For me the Worgen look badass as hell. I'm little worried that it's going to be simular to what happened at the launch of BC though. Remember how many Blood Elves their where? *Shivers*

While I would have liked to see Pandarens (I don't think thats right) I understand that because of the Chinease it's not going to happen. Both these races are interesting and this, plus the extra content is making me consider returning to WoW.

Now I just have to work out what the fuck is wrong with my copy. What do you mean you can't bring up the burning crusade music file...

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
internutt said:

Actually, it's because they rescued Thrall from the Alliance, so Thrall invited them to join the Horde.

I think it was something like that, I'm not sure though.

TheCameraman

Jun 8, 2009
Can't please everyone, I bet there are some people that prefer to play goblins now.

Also, I have always seen Pandaren as a "joke", not really interesting at all. Fun to find for a level or two, but not something that was ever rooted in the lore.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
slipknot4 said:
The new goblin race for World of Warcraft Cataclysm is dissapointing to me in the aspect of a "Hardcore" Wc3 lover. The goblins have always been greedy, wealth loving imps who have had a awesome voice actor and wore used to sell out their "Services" to whoever wanted to pay them.
On their clients list there are names like:
Arthas the lich king
Warchief Thrall
Grom hellscream
Etc etc.
Now, why would you not be able to choose your faction in a... quest?
*Gz, level 10. horde or Alliance"
This would be more appropriate and hand in hand with the lore, or am i wrong?
Goblins were ALWAYS a part of the horde and the steamwheedle cartel broke off with them at a later date when the majority of the horde was imprisoned. So you are disappointed because you didn't understand the background story and the game doesn't reflect your errors?

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
internutt said:
flip7406 said:
internutt said:
Being balanced and being identical aren't (necessarily) the same thing. Just look at Starcraft.

TheSentinel

May 10, 2008
gamegod25 said:
internutt said:
flip7406 said:
internutt said:
Being balanced and being identical aren't (necessarily) the same thing. Just look at Starcraft.
I understand balanced, but StarCraft races ain't exactly identical.

ThePirateMan

Jul 15, 2009
Sentinel10 said:
gamegod25 said:
internutt said:
flip7406 said:
internutt said:
I understand balanced, but StarCraft races ain't exactly identical.
Warcraft 2 was pretty much identical and saying WoW is balanced is pretty stupid.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I like what they have did with the races, and i'm looking forward to go worgen fury on taurens. Also gnomes killing goblins , goblins killing gnomes pretty awesome the 2 best engineers fight.