New Razer Lancehead Mouse Offers "Tournament Grade" Wireless Performance

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
New Razer Lancehead Mouse Offers "Tournament Grade" Wireless Performance

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1401/1401603.jpgThe Lancehead is Razer's newest wireless mouse that uses new wireless tech Razer says makes it the most reliable wireless mouse in the world.

If you're a fan of cutting-edge PC peripherals, you may want to keep an eye on Razer's newest wireless mouse, the Lancehead. Designed to entice professional gamers into going wireless, the Lancehead employs an all-new proprietary wireless technology that Razers says makes it, "the world's most reliable, tournament-grade wireless gaming mouse."

Razer calls this new tech "Adaptive Frequency Technology," and explains that the Lancehead scans the frequencies within the 2.4 GHz band and chooses the one that it the strangest and most interference free. It can also hop frequencies on the fly as needed.

The Lancehead uses the same Razer Mechanical Mouse Switches as the Deathadder Elite [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/scienceandtech/hardware-reviews/17317-Razer-Deathadder-Elite-Review], which means your buttons are rated for up to 50 million clicks. The mouse's 5G laser sensor offers true 16,000 DPI, 210 inches-per-second tracking and 50 G acceleration.

Lancehead is also powered by Razer's new Synapse Pro software, which is currently in beta testing. Anyone who purchases a Lancehead is invited to the exclusive beta. The software will include a unified configurator that will let you save your setting to the mouse and cloud simultaneously. That means your settings will carry over to any PC, even without an internet connection.

If wirless isn't your thing, there's a wired edition of the mouse as well, called the Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition. That version features an optical sensor at true 16,000 DPI and a tracking speed of 450 inches-per-second.

Both versions of the Lancehead incorporate Razer's Chroma technology, so no matter which you choose, you customize your mouse color however you see fit.

The Lancehead is available for pre-order now, and the Lancehead Tournament Edition is available right now on Razer's website [https://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-lancehead-tournament-edition].

[gallery=7298]

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Does it come with a guarrentee that the mouse buttons won't double click with overuse or outdated software?

No?

Than fuck you Razer, I own this 2014 model with number pad buttons on the side and after a year or 2 of owning it, it double clicks on the right mouse button.

That's what I get for playing games like Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm, and DOTA 2.

Alfredo Jones

Jul 1, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
Does it come with a guarrentee that the mouse buttons won't double click with overuse or outdated software?

No?

Than fuck you Razer, I own this 2014 model with number pad buttons on the side and after a year or 2 of owning it, it double clicks on the right mouse button.

That's what I get for playing games like Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm, and DOTA 2.
Must have been bad luck, 'cause I have the same type of mouse (a Razer Naga) and it's still going strong after 2+ years of use.

Estarc

Sep 23, 2008
I've had a slew of razer products over the years (mice, keyboards, headsets) but repeated hardware failures have finally driven me away from the brand. The straw that broke the camel's back was my new Razer Naga Chroma Epic's battery dying. My old Naga Epic was still going strong, I gave it to a sibling, so the new one dying suggested to me that planned obsolescence has been adopted in recent years. Reinforcing this belief in my Blackwidow Chroma keyboard dying in six months, and my Kraken Chroma headset also dying. To add insult to injury re: the Naga however Razer has a warranty on all mice for 2 years, but only on wireless mice batteries for 6 months! The old Naga Epics had removeable batteries, so you could get a new one. The new Razer Epics no longer have this feature. So despite being less than 2 years old my mouse was not covered under warranty since it was the battery that died.

tl:dr - Fuck Razer. All style, no substance. If you want a Naga I recommend a Logitech G600 instead. If you want an "anything else" from Razer source something similar from a different company. Corsair has great mechanical keyboards for instance.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Alfredo Jones said:
Samtemdo8 said:

No?

Must have been bad luck, 'cause I have the same type of mouse (a Razer Naga) and it's still going strong after 2+ years of use.
I had a Naga as well and my scroll wheel would on occasion scroll the opposite direction than the way I was going. So he's not the only one who had bad luck.

Broslinger

Jul 4, 2015
What is meant by tournament grade? What makes it different from regular grade? Do these terms have meaning or are they just part of a sales pitch?

Alfredo Jones

Jul 1, 2013
The Enquirer said:
Alfredo Jones said:
Samtemdo8 said:

No?

I had a Naga as well and my scroll wheel would on occasion scroll the opposite direction than the way I was going. So he's not the only one who had bad luck.
I guess I'm just the lucky one. I've had very few issues with Razer products over the years, the only exception being their Kraken line of headphones which squeezed my head way too much and left me with sore ears.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
So, the wireless version is as good as wired tournament mice, but the wired version is named Tournament.

Right.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
The Enquirer said:
I occasionally have this problem on my SteelSeries mouse, so it's not brand-restricted.