New Scott Pilgrim vs. The World Trailer Hits the Net

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Brandon Routh as the vegan douchebag vegan... I fucking LOVE it!! XD

I'm really looking forward to all this now. Must hurry my ass up and tear through the rest of the books before it comes out.

||XIII

Jun 1, 2010
I like the style, I like the idea, and I like the director, but Michael Cera has to step his shit up in this movie.

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Boba Frag said:

I'm really looking forward to all this now. Must hurry my ass up and tear through the rest of the books before it comes out.
Book six doesn't even come out for a few weeks yet :p

-m

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Jack and Calumon said:
I like everything except whoever is acting as Scott. He seems kind of... wimpish.

Calumon: He got a life! 1UP!
I never really liked the actor. Except in Arrested Development, Michael Cera was good in that show. Problem is he has been playing the exact same character since.

Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Sorry, I'm required to hate it because Michael Cera's in it. HE'S ALWAYS THE SAME GUY!

(and he hasn't aged in the last 10 years)
He is 22! 22! He looks 15. I think we have a case of a mad scientists project that got loose here.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
Matt_LRR said:
Boba Frag said:

-m
Doesn't matter much anyways, the movie will pretty straightforwardly adapt books 1-3 and then go it's own ways (because, for one reason, at least Book 5 and 6 weren't written at the production of the movie). Bryan Lee O'Malley, the Creator of SP, approved of the movie script though.

Looking SO much forward to both book and movie. Unfortunately, i may have to wait for latter one till November (current german release date). : (

...Oh, and since the trailer weirdly failed to mention it: "But the cleaning lady gets weekends off. So...monday, right?"

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Matt_LRR said:
Boba Frag said:

-m
I know, right? Must pre-order that... odd that a film got greenlight before the books actually had a full run, but I'm not complaining!

Oh my God...
You're him!! From that thing!!

I'm honoured :D

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Baby Tea said:
I need a movie buddy.
....I'm available ^_^

Anyway, this looks really good and I love the comics and all of Edgar Wright's movies but in all honesty, I can't stand that Michael Cera kid.

He just does the same thing in every movie IE whiney, wimpy, insecure teen and I don't know if it's just me, but the Scott Pilgrim of the books didn't really give off that vibe.

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
HK_01 said:
First half of the trailer was meh, I didn't get it and it wasn't interesting at all. Second half was awesome!
Might be explained by the second half being powered by The Prodigy

Asturiel

the God of Pants
Nov 24, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
I like everything except whoever is acting as Scott. He seems kind of... wimpish.

Calumon: He got a life! 1UP!
It's because it's Micheal Cera, and Micheal Cera can't seem to pull off anybody but Micheal Cera...
||XIII said:
I like the style, I like the idea, and I like the director, but Michael Cera has to step his shit up in this movie.
Agreed, he's not an awkward teen in this! He's a slightly awkward but determined and confused 24 year old!
Matt_LRR said:

-m
And that sir is killing me right now. The more of this movie I see the more I want to see how the comics end already!
manaman said:
I never really liked the actor. Except in Arrested Development, Michael Cera was good in that show. Problem is he has been playing the exact same character since.
Crying shame, I'm sick of getting George Micheal Bluth in everything. The fact that all I see is an actor and not a character when he acts is not a good sign.

OT: This movie looks bloody amazing, just hope that Micheal Cera does his best to not ruin it.

Epictank of Wintown

Jan 8, 2009
So...it's another movie about Michael Cera playing Michael Cera in a role that is Michael Cera, pretty much.

Oh, wait, Edgar Wright is directing?

...my interest has been aroused.

twilinova07

Nov 26, 2008
Its like if all the joy and happiness I've ever experienced in my life was taken and shoved into 2 minutes and 27 seconds.

Im in love.

Mr.logic

Nov 18, 2009
ultimateownage said:
Okay, this movie looks brilliant. I must watch it.
Oh my God that movie just made my freakin day.

There is indeed hope... HOPE I SAY!

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Yay, movie is coming out on my birthday!

I keep getting good movies released on my b-day, the last one was Tropic Thunder.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Am I the only one who instantly thought of No More Heroes when first seeing a trailer for this movie? It has that same sort of over-the-top stylization, and it's about a guy who has to go through a series of battles to accomplish his goal (being the top assassin in one case, and a girl in the other). The fact that it borrows heavily from video game stereotypes only made the connection easier.

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
I'm glad there are people excited for this movie, but I think I'm gonna pass on it. I can't stand the comics and Michael Cera definately won't help change my tune on it.