New site look for Cracked

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
I am so sick of these look alike tablet optimized bland tiled sites. I hate them. They have no flavor. Finding stuff on them is a pain. Just pure ugly and nothing about them that would make me remember them to go back to them. Nothing distinct about them anymore.

Johnson McGee

Nov 16, 2009
It's a little easier to use at least, especially for people with smaller monitors. But they really shouldn't have ditched the red and yellow motif it was very distinctive.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
It's pretty good on the usability front of things but it does really lack one important thing.

Definition.

It feels like they used a nondescript template and left it at that. Yes, it's pretty efficient, although especially the top feels pretty cramped, but as my partner puts it: "Now it feels like I'm on a random website, it used to feel like I'm on Cracked."

So yeah. It's a shame that they completely ditched red. Not only is it a strong, attention pulling colour, it was also a pretty big part of the Cracked brand. Now it's really bland, the website doesn't 'speak' to me.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
Gotta admit, it kind of reminds me of this website's hideous redesign before they fixed certain elements. Like this, what Cracked really needs is contrasting borders at the side. Preferably in red. But really, it was absolutely fine how it was before.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
Anoni Mus said:
Wintermute said:
I saw they changed their site, but I honestly can't tell the difference, and I read Cracked everyday. The most noticeable change is that they ditched that red banner in favor of a grey-blueish one. Other than that, it's like they never changed anything.

Can anyone post a picture before the change? I'm googling pictures of it and to be honest, it doesn't seem that different to me.
If you read Cracked everyday you would notice the difference, because it's enormous!
I'll have to disagree. The site really does look and feels the same to me. Sure, you can tell they changed it, but not nearly enough to make me say "omg it's so different now". Unlike Youtube, since I'm still getting used to changes made to YouTube to this day.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
The site looks relatively unchanged besides the color scheme. Which is a shame because I enjoyed the red but oh well. Maybe this is a placeholder?