New Skyrim DLC rumours

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
A Smooth Criminal said:
Fappy said:
Like the blogger who wrote the article I'm not convinced it's the next DLC either. While it's definitely possible that the next DLC will involve the Thalmor (who are currently at war with Hammerfell) I don't think we'll go there in a DLC since Hammerfell is likely going to be the setting for TES VI imo.
Hasn't Hammerfell already been done in an Elder Scrolls game? I thought Daggerfall or something was set in Hammerfell.
Daggerfall was technically Highrock and Hammerfell, but I remember reading the devs didn't think Hammerfell was completely realized in the game since most of the game world was randomly generated.

Pr0

Feb 20, 2008
Pardon me while I put on my nerd hat.

I find it interesting that the Redguard race is continually compared to Arabian cultures simply due to the preponderance of Redguard NPC's to be found using "Curved swords....curved...swords."

The Redguard, as a proto-culture, is actually more akin to a hybridization of the Mongol and Far Eastern cultures, with their pre-Tamriel history being for more akin to that of Ancient China, with a minor difference in total land size, (though with a slightly modern dash of being firebombed into being unable to further sustain their civilization by some unspecified disaster), their original homeland is a medium sized nation of islands to the west of Tamriel (Tamriel is a continental mass for those of you that woke up in Skyrim one day and didn't realize you were on a planet called Nirn that actually has other land masses on it.) called Yokuda, and their pre-exodus culture is very akin to Far Eastern proto-cultures around the time of the Yellow Emperor, and not in any way similar to the any of Earth's Middle Eastern proto-cultures in any way with the visual exceptions of the Redguard race obviously not being visually oriental and their military evolution appearing to follow more closely to Persian culture. But that whole living in a desert thing....well thats fairly recent, in Tamrielic anthropological terms.

So while some cultures of Nirn can be pretty easily identified as alloys of real world cultures, the Redguard culture is not so easily recognized an alloy as to simply say, curved sword, pointy turban hat, lives near a big desert, dark of complexion...must be Arabian....cause in all fairness...its not.

Bolwing

Mar 5, 2012
NEDM said:
If I remember correctly, they stated before the game launched,(both in articles, and at PAX Prime) that there would be 4 major releases, and minor content packs like hearthfire. So Dawnguard and Dragonborn would be the first half of those. Leaving 2 more to come.

That being said, when I asked about PS3 dlc and how long the wait would be. They said that the PS3 version of skyrim wouldn't have the wait time like PS3 Fallout 3 did. So my trust in Bethesda has dwindled a bit. But if they tied the release for dragonborn on PC, with releasing it to ps3, I'll be quite annoyed.

10 internet points says the 360 will have another full dlc, before ps3 gets a single one including the one that is supposed to come out "early 2013". Which probably means next year....
Hopefully they won't tie the Dragonborn pc release to the ps3 one. It would be a moronic thing to do, considering that the ps3 release will probably take them a decade or so to make.
There's also a slight chance that Dragonborn will be released for pc today (or tomorrow, time zones are confusing) 'cause it has been a month since its xbox release.

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
Rawne1980 said:
hazabaza1 said:
Huh, I thought Dragonborn was the last one?
Nope, Dragonborn was the last Xbox exclusive. They were tied in a 3 DLC exclusive deal with Microsoft and Dragonborn was the last one of them.
Was it? That sucks, I will miss having the beta testers, always good to have going into a Bethesda game.