New Sony Netbook Costs a King's Ransom

SharedProphet

Oct 9, 2008
nilcypher said:
To be fair to Sony, that particular model is a special edition, and the regular Vaio P costs a more reasonable, although still not cheap, $1,000. Having looked at it, I can't quite see what makes the special edition model more special than the regular versions, but I'm sure Sony have a plan. Although, given what some of their recent plans have been like, it might not be a very good one, as a policy of releasing very expensive hardware in a recession doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Still, it makes the PSP Go seem quite reasonable.
Maybe that's their plan. Doesn't work for me, though, since it doesn't make me think the PSP Go price is any less loony.

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
Boxpopper said:
Credge said:
Attn:

"Signature series"

I.E. "This product is for Paris Hilton and other such people."
Ha she probably couldn't lift this thing let alone know how to use it.
Neither could Nicole Richie.
But Sony I have this to say

This is essentially that.

AdamAK

Jun 6, 2008
I'm sorry, how is this news?
Laptops that cost over $2000 have been around for ages. I did a search for Sony Vaio, and this was the second result on Google: http://www.laptopshop.nl/product/69576/sony-vaio-vgn-aw31s-b.html

1699 Euro's. That's $2388.4542 according to Google.

Antonis427

Jan 23, 2009
It's not news. Just another excuse to have people go after Sony. The series P was released about 4 months ago anyway, so not news, right?

Next up on Pocket Gamer: let's praise the iPhone because it's neither expensive nor shiny.

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
For a netbook,I bought a refurbed Dell mini 12" that I have used all of maybe..13minutes..the whole rest of the time...my niece,my teenage nephew and my mom have been hoarding the little one.I did wish it came with 2GB RAM,but the chipset is limited to 1GB.
1.6Ghz single core,1GB RAM,12" display..and it was about $379

Granted if my niece hadn't dropped my Toshiba Satellite A105..maybe I would be able to use a laptop..The LCD screen is toast and the motherboard had a heat related issue because when my older sister had it,she always used it when she was sitting on her bed studying for nursing school..so the motherboard was dying..

In a few months,I'll buy another dell laptop (refurbished of course) and not let anyone use it...

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
A Netbook is supposed to be a cheap and very portable, suitable for surfing the web. Leave the huge processors for laptops.

Boxpopper

Feb 5, 2009
AdamAK said:
I'm sorry, how is this news?
Laptops that cost over $2000 have been around for ages. I did a search for Sony Vaio, and this was the second result on Google: http://www.laptopshop.nl/product/69576/sony-vaio-vgn-aw31s-b.html

1699 Euro's. That's $2388.4542 according to Google.
Yeah but this isn't a laptop. This is a little netbook thing, meant only for writing documents and sending email on the go. It has a battery life of four hours. It does not compare to laptops in the least.