New SSX Brings Extreme Sports to the Death Zone

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
The Bandit said:
I'm not buying it if Eddie Whatshisface isn't a character. That has been my policy since SSX Tricky
I preferred Mac, he was more my style.

Ruzzian Roulette

Dec 23, 2008
And I just replayed Tricky the other day...

Oh how I love Psymon.

But damn, I loved Tricky, 3, and On Tour (I'm a sucker for character customization). I guess I'm in the minority in that respect.

Also, I think SSX: Death Wish would be a better title.

Also also, FRENCH TOAST AND SYRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
You know what this game reminds me of? Dark Summit, only less interesting (at least Dark Summit had originality). When they bring out Tricky 2, give me a call.
Jumplion said:
It's still tricky;

[sup]My god does that bring back memories, don't even get me started on SSX3's opening...[/sup]
Easily the best snowboarding game ever made. How can they not look at that game and say "yeah, let's make a sequel, this game's awesome"? I mean seriously...

Still liked SSX 3 though.

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
YESSSS

i've been waitign for a good snowboarding game since SSX ON TOUR well, was last game i played sincei got my 360, was such an amazing game, wasnt one thing i didnt like.

WANT THIS GAME NOW.

EA is giving me amazing games

FIFA 11
NHL 11
NBA JAM

Favourite maker by farr.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
The article mentions a new SSX, but I don't seem to see one here anywhere. Maybe the link is broken or something?

Apr 28, 2008
Jumplion said:
GODDAMNIT EA, NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE NITTY-GRITTY-BITTY-MITTY!

I am absolutely terrified of this new revelation, and not in a good way. I absolutely loved SSX: Tricky and SSX3, especially the latter. Hell, I even enjoyed On Tour somewhat, I just love the whole extreme sports and bright, comical feel of it.

EA said that this new one won't have "much of a comical tone" or something, and that makes me nervous as hell for this.

Consider me extremely cautiously optimistic, and while I know all we've seen is a trailer, I'm afraid that this is going to be a case of "Look! We're edgy! And edgy means dark, not funny, and totally serious! Edgy! Edgy!!"
Agreed. I'm rather scared.

I love the games because they're comical, and not too serious. If it ends up being another "extreme, edgy, super serious" game I'll pass.

And that hurts me, because I love SSX. So very much...

Fingers crossed...

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
That was hilarious!

"We're not alone! *gasp* Someone else is snowboarding here too!"

"I'm off the path! I took a wrong turn! Oh, the drama!"

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009
I'm not all opposed to this new SSX, but I'm not on board with it either (Why yes. I just totally did that.). With the ever so slight exception of Twised Metal: Black, no property that built itself on colorful over the top fun has rarely gotten better once they became more realistic or "HAAAARD CORE!!!".

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Whoa... wait. What? What happened to EA Big?

There's something I'm not liking about this...

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
I'll agree with everyone else when I say I'm tentatively excited, but not sold at all on the dark gritty survivalist feel, like if they don't get down the mountain they'll be shot or something.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
Oh God I loved tricky. I just hope this one is still as funky fresh as trick was.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Dexiro said:
Whatever the game's like I hope it's more similar to SSX3 than On Tour.
This. I liked the semi-open world feel of SSX3, and On Tour felt a little... restricted, comparatively. Though On Tour was still fine, I like the non-linearity of the SSX games. In general, having racing games be sandboxes where you can go from one track to the next, and the 'menu' is essentially you riding on your board... It's pretty fun.

That being said, there are certain game series that always make me chuck my controller at the TV, and those are racing series. Mario Kart, FZero, 1080, Need for Speed, and worst of all... SSX. God damn do they get waay too difficult during the second half of the game. It's insane.

Though, I look forward to being able to kick ass during the first part, be mediocre during the second, and suck ass during the third.

shotgunbob

Mar 24, 2009
IamQ said:
Dexiro said:
Whatever the game's like I hope it's more similar to SSX3 than On Tour.
Indeed. On tour was okay, but I loved SSX 3.
I don't think any SSX will ever beat 3.

This looks great but SSX 3 is probably one of my favorite PS2 games of all time

Apr 29, 2010
Sparrow said:
Please be on the 360, please be on the 360, please be on the 360...
If you say it enough, it might come true.

Please be on the 360, please be on the 360, please be on the 360.

pixiejedi

Jan 8, 2009
I liked Tricky best. Kaori was my girl. I loved that little victory screen you got when you leveled up. She would dance around with a break dancing panda. That was awesome! I also liked how there was a bit of character, like some people didn't get along with certain characters. Like that dumb Spanish bimbo, God I loved shoving her giant ass down the mountain.

SSX 3 had great character customization which I liked. I think this whole survival thing is a gamble. The later stages in both Tricky and 3 had elements of this that really worked and upped the difficulty, but I wouldn't want a game based on just those ideas. I'll have to see when it comes out though.