New Star Wars Battlefront 2 Trailer Focuses on the Game's Campaign

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
New Star Wars Battlefront 2 Trailer Focuses on the Game's Campaign

The latest trailer for Star Wars Battlefront 2 gives you a look behind the scenes of the game's single-player campaign.

One of the biggest additions to Star Wars Battlefront 2 is a full-fledged single-player campaign. Interestingly enough, it's also being told from the perspective of the Empire. EA and DICE are offering up a little peek behind the scenes that campaign in the latest trailer.

This story might be about the Empire, who you'd normally think of of as the "bad guys," but it's also going to be a story about family and the bonds between special ops soldiers. What do you do when the Empire you're fighting for is decapitated in front of your eyes? You'll find out.

It's worth pointing out that this story is officially being classified as part of the Star Wars canon, and falls between the old universe and the new one. I can't deny that I'd really like to see a movie take on the Empire side of the story more directly, so maybe this will help make that happen.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is launching on November 17 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I fully admit that it looks great. And I fully admit that the Empire no doubt has countless stories worth telling. Heck, Mara Jade--who started out as one of the Empire's most feared agents--turns out to be a good guy, so it can be done.

But I am very hesitant to play as this character because I don't like the Empire. Even cutting out all of the stuff that went down in the Expanded Universe, there is still Alderaan, and now Jedha, and countless other horrors that the Empire has committed. And you can bet that this woman and her squad know about all of them because they're the best of the best. I don't care what you believe in or how justified your cause is in your head--when you are fighting for a side that endorses whole-sale slaughter of entire cultures and mass murder on a galactic scale, you are on the wrong side and it's really hard for me to like you.
And then there's that line she shouts, "Hope cannot save them!" Not something a sympathetic character would say in my opinion.

Mar 26, 2008
Looks very promising. I just hope there's no trite "I was wrong all along" moment, where she switches sides and starts blasting the people she's previously been fighting side by side with.

No one deliberately gets up in the morning and decides to be evil, so it'll be interesting to see her rationale. Perhaps rebel raids took out her family or something. Emperor Palpatine just wanted peace and order in the galaxy... it was just entirely on his terms though.

The Raw Shark

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.
Nov 19, 2014
Sniper Team 4 said:
I fully admit that it looks great. And I fully admit that the Empire no doubt has countless stories worth telling. Heck, Mara Jade--who started out as one of the Empire's most feared agents--turns out to be a good guy, so it can be done.

But I am very hesitant to play as this character because I don't like the Empire. Even cutting out all of the stuff that went down in the Expanded Universe, there is still Alderaan, and now Jedha, and countless other horrors that the Empire has committed. And you can bet that this woman and her squad know about all of them because they're the best of the best. I don't care what you believe in or how justified your cause is in your head--when you are fighting for a side that endorses whole-sale slaughter of entire cultures and mass murder on a galactic scale, you are on the wrong side and it's really hard for me to like you.
And then there's that line she shouts, "Hope cannot save them!" Not something a sympathetic character would say in my opinion.
This pretty much.

You really can't pull genocide on a freaking PLANETARY scale like it's just a casual thing and expect much sympathy from even the most cynical person on the planet.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Sniper Team 4 said:

Don't forget mass slavery, the reason Han left... or at least I think the reason he left. Disney's attempt to clear things up has sure confused me.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Programmed_For_Damage said:
No one deliberately gets up in the morning and decides to be evil, so it'll be interesting to see her rationale.
The clip says she was taken at an early age, and trained since she was a child. That's a minimum of 20 years of indoctrination.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Programmed_For_Damage said:
Looks very promising. I just hope there's no trite "I was wrong all along" moment, where she switches sides and starts blasting the people she's previously been fighting side by side with.

No one deliberately gets up in the morning and decides to be evil, so it'll be interesting to see her rationale. Perhaps rebel raids took out her family or something. Emperor Palpatine just wanted peace and order in the galaxy... it was just entirely on his terms though.
i hope so too. this kind of switches have been done a lot and in this concept it would be just wrong.

CellShaded

Aug 8, 2009
They're really trying hard to appeal to Trump voters this time around, huh?

Jokes aside, looking forward to playing this one, as disappointed as I was in the first one.