New Steam Client Beta Takes Your Screenshots to the Cloud

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
One problem with cloud computing is with the current attitude of ISP's wanting more money than giving service we deserve [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107465-Canadians-React-With-Anger-to-New-Internet-Usage-Caps].
Cloud service will eat up a good portion toward that cap alone. Fortunately my service has yet to get that greedy but many other internet brethren are already stuck under draconian caps, and that can stifle my fun when an isp decides a gamer buddy of mine can't play online for the rest of the month.
This added bit with screenshots will make matters worse, and I really hope Steam includes an option to leave it off.
Until ISP's get off their stupid attitudes, there is going to be a new cap being put on suppressing how the internet can grow into a much larger communication medium where people won't have to be afraid of cloud services, online software protection, and other services we haven't even imagined yet.
I have to wonder if and when companies like Valve that almost depend entirely on the internet to sell and present their games step in and tell ISP's to shove off and provide a decent cap for everyone.