New Street fighter Ultra character is just a Cammy re-skin

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
From what I've read elsewhere, I think there is little to none team left behind Street Fighter 4 so that could be the reason why recent update is just taking character from Teken VS Street Fighter and having a reskin Cammy but with new moves (seriosuly I was dissapointed that Mika wasn't in it despite showing the sprite version of her at the start or maybe they could had all of the Dolls as bosses).
I know its retarded. Why don't they

A.) Get a team together and make a real update.

or

B.) Not sell this shit at such a high price.

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
I care far more about the moveset than the visual offering of a character. Decapre's moveset already looks (and to a lesser degree sounds) irritating. Right now I am hoping that they tweak her Ultra II a bit as if left as is (even though it looks to deal crap damage) she will be the only character that can link into her Ultra from a non-counterhit ground normal (pretty sure about this). That's huge. She would easily take the title of 'Easiest Ultra to Combo Into' from Balrog. If that, even if her specials are mostly charge moves, combines with anything resembling Cammys normals then this character will probably be very annoying to deal with.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
verdant monkai said:
I know its retarded. Why don't they

A.) Get a team together and make a real update.
Cos they have no money and know that this will only sell to a niche of a niche audience especially given how there are so many good figters out there and coming out atm. Basically it dosent make business sense to get a team together as you put it. Also apart from this character I think they are doing a good job with this update all the DLC costumes yup every other version of SF rolled into one for offline battles yup 5 new characters (not just 2) yup if they can balance it well I think they are onto a winner. Im almost certain this will be the last update and I think they are making a good go with it. Maybe if its brought to a next gen console there may be revisions but we will see. Were you expecting a Super like level of content addition?

verdant monkai said:
or

B.) Not sell this shit at such a high price.
Well its £11.99 which puts it at above the value of KI when it came out (and about equal when Fulgore hits) and slightly below the value of Skullgirls when that hit. This is for the digital upgrade if you want the full game (dont own AE edition or just want a disc version) I would imagine it would be about £25 although I cant find an exact price in GBP for that yet I would be surprised if its over 30 though. I think the price is fair though and if your new to SF its an excellent value product.

As for her moves it would make sense that they bare a lot of similarities to Bisons and Cammys which is why im not fond of the choice, still it is what it is. Also she is still being balanced for people who are saying she looks to strong which I actually agree with atm then again I do play charge characters hmmm, I think she could be a nightmare to face online.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Maximum Bert said:
Cos they have no money

Were you expecting a Super like level of content addition?

I think she could be a nightmare to face online.
They have loads of cash Bert. Its going into making mobile games right now though.

YES but it became clear it was a forlorn hope as the details leaked out it would be nothing that good.

I agree she's probably going to be crazy good, she has a load of Cammy's moves and she's one of the best characters around up there with Akuma.

My point was basically that what Capcom did was sly, advertising a high quality re-skin as an all new character, and she isn't even new she was in SF Alpha 3.

Panthera

May 10, 2013
ThingWhatSqueaks said:
I care far more about the moveset than the visual offering of a character. Decapre's moveset already looks (and to a lesser degree sounds) irritating. Right now I am hoping that they tweak her Ultra II a bit as if left as is (even though it looks to deal crap damage) she will be the only character that can link into her Ultra from a non-counterhit ground normal (pretty sure about this). That's huge. She would easily take the title of 'Easiest Ultra to Combo Into' from Balrog. If that, even if her specials are mostly charge moves, combines with anything resembling Cammys normals then this character will probably be very annoying to deal with.
There are actually quite a few characters that can combo into ultra off non-counter hit normals, you just don't see it much because it's hard to do. Ken can do jab into Ultra 2, Yang can jab into one of his ultras, Cody can do close medium punch into Ultra 2, Balrog can jab into Ultra although I think the spacing on it is fussy, Blanka from low medium kick, maybe more that I don't know off the top of my head. Oh, and obviously Ibuki and Viper with super jump cancels and Akuma teleport Ultra 2 or sweep-ultra to beat focus attacks.