New Team Fortress 2 Co-Op Mode Unites Red and Blu

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
TimeLord said:
gigastar said:
TimeLord said:
My Sentry will certainly be raking up kills tomorrow!
As if you thought Valve didnt think of that, theres a non-class robot specifically designed to kill sentries that get too much action.
That's why the Engineer has a shotgun and a pistol.
Well of course at this point we have no clue how killable the sentry busters actually are, but the bestiary page Valve provided states that they take a moment to start up, meaning you get a chance to pick up your dispenser and run the fuck away.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
1. Why no sniper in the video?
2. I can't wait to get into it tonight!
3. HATSHATSHATS

MrBenSampson

Oct 8, 2011
I always thought it would be cool to play through the L4D series as the TF2 cast. This sounds like a similar idea, and it could be a lot of fun. I'd like to play as the Heavy or Pyro, but I get the feeling that my buddies will need me to be a Medic.

I was playing on a low population server one day, and I built a sentry that got over 60 kills against bots, in less than ten minutes. I hope Valve upgraded the AI, or this will be laughable.

Apr 28, 2008
I don't really care for Horde-type modes. But Valve sure as hell knows how to make a trailer.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
I want to remind everybody I opened an Escapist Group for easy party finding, updates, and possible strategies. You can find it here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Mann-Vs-Machine].

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
An invite to our new robot friends:

[HEADING=2]Burn with me![/HEADING]

Yeah, I feel gratuitous amounts of TF2 time tomorrow. Oh, wait...that's not different than most days.
Oh well...even more gratuitousness!!!!!

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Yeah...how dull.

Didn't like it in Black Ops, don't want it in TF2. Enjoy.

royohz

Official punching bag!
Jul 23, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
Are the medic needles armour piercing? Otherwise I don't see how that would be effective against the metal plated robots!
Let's just say they're filled with ANTI-ANTI-RUST solvents and water!

I'm super [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QepX2ONn7xQ?t=15s] hyped about this! And I love Valve's ARGs, it's all eally exciting. Unfortunately, I won't be able to play much.

shadowstriker86

Feb 12, 2009
i noticed there are no spy bots and robots arent immune to backstabs. I'll be raking up so many kills with my quacking knife and dead hooker lol

ThriKreen

May 26, 2006
The Escapist community also has 3 TF2 servers (UK, N.America East Coast, N.America West Coast) that will definitely get updated for this mode.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
anthony87 said:
I think it's time I got back into TF2. Haven't played properly in over a year so I'm gonna be rusty as fuck but still.....HORDE MODE! Although I was hoping that they would've had 24 players working together, 12 Red, 12 Blu against a metric fuckton of bots rather than just 5 players.
I know it goes without saying, but good things come to those who wait...the modders will probably be all over this shit.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
ThriKreen said:
The Escapist community also has 3 TF2 servers (UK, N.America East Coast, N.America West Coast) that will definitely get updated for this mode.
Are the American ones active? I checked one out at like 8PM on a weekend once. I was the only one on. I'm in a clan, so I'll be playing with those guys and gals 99% of the time. But I'd like jump in against some other Escapists from time to time.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
ravenshrike said:
gigastar said:
TimeLord said:
gigastar said:
TimeLord said:
My Sentry will certainly be raking up kills tomorrow!
As if you thought Valve didnt think of that, theres a non-class robot specifically designed to kill sentries that get too much action.
That's why the Engineer has a shotgun and a pistol.
Well of course at this point we have no clue how killable the sentry busters actually are, but the bestiary page Valve provided states that they take a moment to start up, meaning you get a chance to pick up your dispenser and run the fuck away.
So basically the answer is to put a teleport far enough in front of your sentry that it takes the damage with no splash hitting your sentry.
Its not called a "sentry buster" for nothing, it supposedly ignores the other biuldings and goes right for the death-spitting hell machine that the sentry is.

Not saying we probably wont be able to break the things pathfinding, but this being Valve they have probably gave it some dirty tricks to allow it to reach sentries quicker.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
ThriKreen said:
Would you happen to have the server IP addresses or are they posted somewhere on the site?