New Tony Hawk Game Listed at $120

capnjack

Jan 6, 2009
This idea isn't appealing at all. THen again, neither is any skating game that is realistic. I've never seen the point. This will probably go over well with skaters, though.

internutt

Aug 27, 2008
Isn't that the same price as the Guitar Hero series in America?

If you want the game you'll buy it regardless. Just like many people have purchased Rock Band over the past few years.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
"lets see if I can do this without any broken bones! ahaha!"

DOOD, and I was TOTALLY thinking that too :D

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
Julius M said:
meatloaf231 said:
Ollie596 said:
No way i'm paying that much for a Tony Hawk game.
This. Plus, they aren't redefining anything. Skate already did it, and they did it better.
Skate included a skateboard-controller?
No, Skate redefined the way people played skateboarding games, and I daresay it's a much better redefinition than this will be.

I could be wrong, and it'd be just peachy if this thing worked well, but I can't see it happening.

PizzaDentist

May 6, 2009
If you ask me, this will be about as realistic as the hoverboard from back to the future. Seeing as everyone knows the way you go forwards on a skateboard is to lean forwards and think "make rocket go now".

And standing back on your tail will make you launch into the air.
Leaning left makes you spin in circles etc.

They can't possibly make this realistic, even if they try their hardest. So yeah, it's a silly gimmick.

ShadeOfRed

Jan 20, 2008
If it were cheaper, I'd get this as a joke gift for one of my friends when their birthday came around. If I did with this price tag, they'd make fun of me. You suck Tony Hawk.

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
all the tramps said:
you may aswell by a new skate board and learn how to do it for real :L
It's cheaper that way too. A new board's 'tween $40 and $100, pending on what you're getting and where from.

CapnJack said:
This idea isn't appealing at all. THen again, neither is any skating game that is realistic. I've never seen the point. This will probably go over well with skaters, though.
I somehow doubt it'll survive a rail stand or primo. They don't make controllers like they make skate decks... And THOSE snap pretty regular.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Malygris said:
I've sunk a few dollars into some pretty specialized controllers over the years but I have a hard time seeing this as much more than a gimmick. Then again, I'm a guy who firmly believes that the keyboard-mouse combination is and always will be the greatest game controller ever
Good luck playing Tekken or Guitar hero with mouse and keyboard...

People spend a fortune on peripherals; arcade sticks, flight sticks, pedals, steering wheels, instruments and cameras. I think it will sell. God knows why you'd want to play a skateboarding game though.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
ChocoFace said:
what about paralyzed people who want to play this?
HUH?
I'm sure they could learn to do handstands or try some serious wheel control on this thing.

xChevelle24

Mar 10, 2009
Great....they think this is the future of gaming?

So in the future, all games will cost over a hundred dollars, and with our current world-economy, that's sure smart. All games will have SHITTY motion sensor shit.

Ugh, I'll just stop here.