New Trailer for Resident Evil 7, shows off new locales.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I feel like we should call someone, make sure Outlast 2 is still safe. I mean this isn't just copying. This is murdering, skinning and wearing the face of Outlast 2 to a family reunion to see how long it takes Great Aunt Nanners to realize.

Chaos Isaac

Jun 27, 2013
Hawki said:
This doesn't look too bad actually. I'm getting flashbacks of Lisa Trevor watching this.
Except Lisa Trevor was actually kind of interesting and intimidating. In a mansion full of monsters, she seemed... different from the outset. She wasn't just some lady with a lantern.

And this is basically it, this could totally have had something akin to Lisa Trevor as the thing stalking us, hell if this was a spin off of being one of the look-alike Parents Lisa had and you were chased through the mansion or another mansion-esque facility by her that'd be super neato.

As it is, I have no faith in this. It isn't a Resident Evil by any means, and all I can do is watch as another bad first person horror game is made. Sure, maybe this is only a small mis-leading part of the game, but at the same time this pretty much confirms this is Resident Evil in name only. I don't see any charm here, or any horror, or awesome cheese that has made the series so fun over the years.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
there's too little information to make a sound decision but from what I understand the premise is that you're a member of a group of police investigators that get sent to a mining town to investigate strange occurrences and upon arrival things go awry.

If my info is correct then I really hope we get to play different team members who have different play styles, like say one has no combat expertise so has to run and hide. Another one is god with locks so is unrestricted by locked doors, another one is good with firearms so on and so forth.

trailer looks decent enough, it's supposed to give us a preview of the environments and I'd say they look pretty good

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Looks okay but nothing like Resident Evil.

What I don't understand though is why running and hiding is the only option in this case. I mean, the thing chasing the protagonist is an old woman with a lantern who looks like a strong wind would blow her over. Just push her down and trigger her life alert instead. At least games like Amnesia or Outlast had either monsters or mutated people that actually looked like a threat.