New Trailer Reminds us that Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Exists

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Wow, Ubisoft actually remembered a game I care about.

Dango said:
That's actually a game I'm excited for, though the insecure part of me wishes they didn't use such a hillbilly sounding voiceover, because I'm afraid that might be the actual target audience, and that's not an audience I want to be associated with.
Sniper Team 4 said:
You got that feeling too, huh? That, combined with the way they dress, really makes me think of the militia fantasies that a lot of people have. I didn't really get the sense that we're playing the "good" guys in any sense of the word from this trailer. I mean, I know they're black ops and stuff, but Ubisoft made some odd choices that seem to be playing into some very specific audience.
You're presumably hearing a character with a southern accent thinking of the targets solely as prey and hunting the most dangerous game. Makes enough sense when you think about it. They are somewhat aiming for "that" audience as you put it but it gives a general vibe of hunters after their prey and fits with the Ghost concept.

MCerberus said:
Still think Patriots would have been a better choice for a wide-release Tom Clancy game if they had the balls to go through with it.
Please don't remind me. I still cry myself to sleep at night.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
LegendaryGamer0 said:
MCerberus said:
Still think Patriots would have been a better choice for a wide-release Tom Clancy game if they had the balls to go through with it.
Please don't remind me. I still cry myself to sleep at night.
I still dont get what people saw on Patriots, it seemed linear as fuck with a lot of story in the way. The only interesting thing was the way the enemies did seem to have a point to be angry and the decision making.

In terms of gameplay Siege was a much better choice, even for singleplayer, Terrorist Hunt is way too fun and offers a lot of replayability. I even played those modes more often then the campaigns in the other Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon games.

The only thing really missing in Siege is friendly AI for the people that really want to play alone with some help and coordinance.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
josemlopes said:
I still dont get what people saw on Patriots, it seemed linear as fuck with a lot of story in the way. The only interesting thing was the way the enemies did seem to have a point to be angry and the decision making.
Most of it I imagine was hope that the gameplay would be improved and more properly focused around the plot. You basically had a game of a small armed group going after Wall Street for plunging the country into hell. I imagine there was a lot of wish fulfillment as this was not long after the Bailout.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Yes but which one of the preorders is the iconic one?

Fun fact: GRFS had a feature in which if an enemy is spawned and survived for more than 30 seconds without killing your ai teammates, it would automatically die. This was added because mobs kept getting stuck into walls in the spawn areas, out of reach by the player.

#JustUbisoftThings

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
LegendaryGamer0 said:
josemlopes said:
Most of it I imagine was hope that the gameplay would be improved and more properly focused around the plot. You basically had a game of a small armed group going after Wall Street for plunging the country into hell. I imagine there was a lot of wish fulfillment as this was not long after the Bailout.
That and populism + the militia movement requiring international intervention inside the US against US citizens is ground so much less treaded for US game devs. If the story would have failed, it would have failed spectacularly and cheesy.

This one seems like the very popular in the industry "Brown guy shooter"

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
LegendaryGamer0 said:
They are somewhat aiming for "that" audience as you put it but it gives a general vibe of hunters after their prey and fits with the Ghost concept.
I dunno, GRAW was still largely about a surprisingly diverse cast doing generic military stuff, even it was against Mexicans.

LegendaryGamer0 said:
I imagine there was a lot of wish fulfillment as this was not long after the Bailout.
If this were at any other time in the past decade I wouldn't be looking at it too closely, but given the rise of Trump and the incredibly paranoid audience that's willing to shoot anyone from a country south of the border, wish fulfillment seems about right for this game. Then again, I'm probably overthinking it as most of Ubisoft's customers don't care about the political implications of playing a video game and really I shouldn't either.