New Valve arg

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
Well recently at the VGAs valve had a short clip of wheatley thanking spike for the nomination. There are some codes on the right and top of the screen that don't look like much, but maybe they're important. Also, a 4chan thread decided to email Gabe one word at a time. The message ended up being gibberish, but Gabe respond. He said

"I don?t suppose it would ease your wrath if I told you we?re announcing all of your favourite things at E3 2012?"

He then posted on reddit

"I can see how the wording caused some confusion there. Yes, we are announcing something with a three in it."

Also, the Doug Rattman twitter has become active, spouting codes, then going silent.
The twitter, I noticed was following two people, both of whom were following one another. Neither make much sense, but there are what appear to be codes in one of their pictures.

Most people are speculating episode 3, but it could be tf3(unlikely), DOTA3(ridiculously unlikely), or l4d3(way more likely than the other two.)

Who's ready for a brand new set of puzzles?

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
You're a bit late [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.332788-Valves-New-ARG].

And it's been proven as a hoax apparently, sadly.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
Yeah, I searched for a thread and all I got was portal 2 arg. Need to search harder.

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
OhJohnNo said:
You're a bit late [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.332788-Valves-New-ARG].

The hoax proving has also been proven to be hoaxy. I think valve may be trolling us.

So_So_Man

May 2, 2011
kayisking said:
The hoax proving has also been proven to be hoaxy. I think valve may be trolling us.
At this point, Valve can post anything and the community will troll itself.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
OhJohnNo said:

Well, it's confusing. There are two "Rattmann" Twitters: John_Rattmann and John_Rattman. The one with one N is just a roleplaying account. The other one...I don't know if anybody has proven THAT one to be a "hoax" yet.

I think some people are looking WAAAAYYYY too much into these videos, though. Calm down, people. E3 will be here before you know it.

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
OhJohnNo said:
So_So_Man said:
kayisking said:
At this point, Valve can post anything and the community will troll itself.
Valve: Successful Troll is Successful.
I love valve so much, I haven't laughed this hard about a statement made by a company in years.

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
Luke5515 said:
"I can see how the wording caused some confusion there. Yes, we are announcing something with a three in it."

Also, the Doug Rattman twitter has become active, spouting codes, then going silent.
The twitter, I noticed was following two people, both of whom were following one another. Neither make much sense, but there are what appear to be codes in one of their pictures.

Most people are speculating episode 3, but it could be tf3(unlikely), DOTA3(ridiculously unlikely), or l4d3(way more likely than the other two.)

Who's ready for a brand new set of puzzles?
Meh, Its not going to be hat fortress 3, hat fortress 2 is still going VERY strong. Can't be DOTA3, they haven't finished 2 yet. L4D3 is an extra in star wars.

I wouldn't put it past valve to be releasing a game called "Three little ponies" or something. It has a three in it after all.