New Walking Dead game, FPS. Play as Daryl and Merle.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/activision-announces-the-walking-dead-first-person-shooter/
So yeah, Activision. Announces a new FPS Walking Dead.

Separate from Telltale's The Walking Dead adventure game, Activision has now announced that they will be publishing a first-person shooter based on the popular comic and TV series.

Being developed by Terminal Reality, IGN reveals that The Walking Dead Videogame will be centered around Daryl and Merle Dixon, showing what happened to the brothers before the main events of the series.

According to IGN, players will take control of Daryl, and the game will feature elements such as trying to avoid detection by zombies, the problems with having limited supplies of food and ammunition, and choices that must be made in terms of who to trust and who not to when meeting other survivors.

The Walking Dead Videogame will hit in 2013 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.
Could be cool.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
The Walking Dead: White Trash

I can't really see this being anything special. What makes TellTales series so great is the way it replicates the focus of the comics and the show; not zombies, but people. How do people deal with this situation, how do they interact, how does it change them? There are so many zombie FPSs already, whats going to make this different?

Robert Kirkman even said as much in an interview about Telltales game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-nYdgXnOg

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
"Could be cool"... your levels of optimism my friend are second to none :D
Do you seriously expect Activisions franchise milkage #90231 yielding something worth while?

Let's just be real for a moment here, this will be CoD: Zombie Warfare and all the shit that it brings.
I'm no fan of the series so it doesn't bother me either way but you people should start thinking straight one of these days.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
The sad thing is it will probably sell better than the telltale game.

Still, we don't know much about the actual gameplay. But having the two hillbillies as the main character isn't a good start.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
Sounds like it has some potential.

Unlike most people here I'm a rational person and am not going to start losing my shit because this happens to be an Activision game.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
GiantRaven said:
Yup, that's what the world needed...another zombie shooter!

*sigh*
Here, you forgot a word.

GiantRaven said:
Yup, that's what the world needed...another bad zombie shooter!

*sigh*
And also, there hasn't been a Zombie FPS in quite some time. There's been plenty of Zombie 3rd person shooter games going on, but not a strict Zombie FPS in quite some time.

----------------------------

And it will be 100% garbage that everyone will love because its the walking dead, one of the few TV shows that just killed zombies for me. The Comic is fan-fucking-tastic, but the show I find to be terrible.

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
baddude1337 said:

Still, we don't know much about the actual gameplay. But having the two hillbillies as the main character isn't a good start.
You obviously never played Redneck Rampage, having two hillbilly lead characters can be barrels of fun. I mean that's obviously not what's going to happen but still...

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
baddude1337 said:
It's a little depressing but it's true. It's such a good game that's flown under a lot of peoples radar, the kind of thing I've always wanted from a zombie game.