New Wonder Woman Trailer

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
<YouTube=1Q8fG0TtVAY>

I am increasingly worried that they are going to horribly misrepresent WWI, but it doesn't look too bad besides that. Looks quite pretty at the very least.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
YES!! A NON BATMAN DC MOVIE!!!

Now this is more like it. I hope they play her theme from BvS again in the movie itself because this music is HYPE:

The only thing I am upset about the movie is that it set in WW1, because Wonder Woman fought in WW2 originally. And no offense but WW2 is still more interesting.

Imagine Wonder Woman with the US Airborne flying downward as the soldiers drop and release their parachutes.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I'd actually argue WW1 is more interesting than WW2, but due to its nature is far less useful to a WW story. (Quick, I need more abbreviations with two Ws)

Because if you're trying to convince someone that the world of man is worth a damn, I'm not sure the Great War is going to do that terribly well compared to the war started by real-life super villains.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
altnameJag said:
I'd actually argue WW1 is more interesting than WW2, but due to its nature is far less useful to a WW story. (Quick, I need more abbreviations with two Ws)

Because if you're trying to convince someone that the world of man is worth a damn, I'm not sure the Great War is going to do that terribly well compared to the war started by real-life super villains.
Even comic book writers alive at the time was like "I got a give it to Hitler he saved me enough time of coming up with an original super bad guy"

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
altnameJag said:

Try Walla Walla, Winter Wonderland, William Wallace, and Wishing Well.

I liked this trailer. I don't know if the "300"-like music at the end of the trailer is appropriate though.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Silentpony said:
Meh. Looks confused and misdirected. Same as the others.
Have you noticed the ending of this trailer is exactly the same as the Comic Con trailer.

Both ended on that exact same old lady Wonder Woman is talking too making a joke?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
KissingSunlight said:
altnameJag said:

Try Walla Walla, Winter Wonderland, William Wallace, and Wishing Well.

I liked this trailer. I don't know if the "300"-like music at the end of the trailer is appropriate though.
If this is 300 like music than they failed at replicating this glorious piece of music from 300:

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Bob_McMillan said:
I am increasingly worried that they are going to horribly misrepresent WWI,
I think most people will be aware that an amazon didn't fight on the Western front, just as much as they're aware that WWII actually wasn't a secret conflict against Hydra and laser guns of death.

Myria

Sanity Challenged
Nov 15, 2009
Hawki said:
I think most people will be aware that an amazon didn't fight on the Western front, just as much as they're aware that WWII actually wasn't a secret conflict against Hydra and laser guns of death.
Wait... Wha...?

Hail Hydra!

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Myria said:
Hawki said:
Wait... Wha...?

Hail Hydra!
*Returns salute*

Oh, and on the subject of the trailer itself...eh, it's fine. Mix of gravitas and humour, maybe a bit too much slo-mo, but hey, whatever. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that 'scarface' is the villain (Circe? Dunno much about WW's villain roster.).

Mar 26, 2008
I don't know, the trailer seems fine and all but it just makes me think of a female version of Captain America and his Howling Commandos. I know they have different heritage / set of powers, but instead of deflecting German/Hydra soldiers' bullets with his shield, she's deflecting German soldiers' bullets with her bracelets. I think they needed to take a different approach.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Programmed_For_Damage said:
I don't know, the trailer seems fine and all but it just makes me think of a female version of Captain America and his Howling Commandos. I know they have different heritage / set of powers, but instead of deflecting German/Hydra soldiers' bullets with his shield, she's deflecting German soldiers' bullets with her bracelets. I think they needed to take a different approach.
Less WW1 and more Greek Mythology?

Mar 26, 2008
Samtemdo8 said:
That'd be my vote too. I wonder if they thought Greek Mythology was too played out? I hardly think setting it during a World War was the answer.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Samtemdo8 said:
That'd be my vote too. I wonder if they thought Greek Mythology was too played out? I hardly think setting it during a World War was the answer.
Well its played out in Video Game land.

Be we had not had a properly done Greek Myth film since Clash of the Titans 1982:

Apr 5, 2008
It's certainly a lot better than the first trailer. The first trailer made it look like it was going to be shit. This makes it look like it could be a decent movie. Except that the first trailer still exists, which means the nonsense in it does too. So far, the DCCU is 3 flops for 3 films. I think I'll keep my money and wait for this to stream somewhere.

Could someone clarify, is WW actually bulletproof, or just her bracers? What is her actual powerset? I know she has the golden lasso of truth too.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Seems like it might be decent. Certainly looks better than Batman vs. Superman so far.... Though that's not exactly tough.

Not too excited about Captain Kirk being in the movie. Really wish they'd ditch the mandatory love interest.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Huh. Still looks alright.

Does a man dare hope?

altnameJag said:
I'm actually still hoping that they go for a more cynical angle. End the movie with Diana looking around at the world and going, "Y'know what, fuck this noise. You boys and your toys can bloody kill each other. I'm going back to my island paradise." Probably after Chris Pine dies. (Which I'm pretty sure he will. He'd be either dead or very, very old by the time of the Justice League film.) And if there's any war to fit that kind of angle it would be WWI, at least as it exists in popular memory.

The opening dialogue in the trailer even suggests they might be doing this. "I used to want to save the world" etc.

I don't know if fans would like it or if it fits the comics character at all, but a no-longer-naive Wonder Woman who has seen just how shitty humanity can be in her 100+ years of life could give her a distinctive perspective in the team-up movies.

All that said, I'm still far from certain this is what they're going with. It would be very unconventional to end a superhero movie with the heroine saying, "You all suck, I'm peaceing out!"

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Zhukov said:
I'm actually still hoping that they go for a more cynical angle. End the movie with Diana looking around at the world and going, "Y'know what, fuck this noise. You boys and your toys can bloody kill each other. I'm going back to my island paradise." Probably after Chris Pine dies. (Which I'm pretty sure he will. He'd be either dead or very, very old by the time of the Justice League film.) And if there's any war to fit that kind of angle it would be WWI, at least as it exists in popular memory.
I have a feeling that is exactly why they chose WWI, because both sides were assholes. Hopefully that's the angle they take, with not too much involvement with Steve Trevor. Not sure if he is going to die though, apparently he is playing both the past and the present Steve Trevors (which honestly sounds fucking dumb).