New Xbox update er... Where's the web browser?

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
Yeah I was seriously thinking about just hooking up a bigger HDD on my ps3 since this computer's pulling a R. Kelly on me at the moment. But then I noticed that for some odd reason you can't download flash players and stuff and mostly the only videos that work are youtubes.

So yeah i'm not going with another generic dell. Going to have one custom built that can handle crysis at the same price. which is also at the same price of a ps3 at launch almost.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
shatnershaman said:
And there are some PS3 owners that will not change the hard drive.
Why would they do that, when the Ps3 comes with a manual that tells you how to replace the Hard drive. And even if they do not, a quick search on Google will yield a number of forums devoted to the topic. Then theres the sticker on the side of the Ps3 that says "Detach here when removing Hard Disk". In four languages.
Reasons not to

1) More money to spend
2) Don't need the space
3) The fucking screws

I don't know anyone that has changed the HD.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
shatnershaman said:
Reasons not to

1) More money to spend
2) Don't need the space
3) The fucking screws

yes, if you intend to have a large library of installs and HD movies you do have to. And god forbid the screws! You actually have to you know, turn a freaking screw driver! I know us geek's aren't physical but for the love of god.
Also, The PS3 get's props for simply giving user's the ability to add more space should they want it, unlike Microsoft, who in the words of Penny Arcade "has decided, three years into the system's lifespan, that they made the wrong console."
They are trying to capatalize on downloads and optional installs, yet they do not allow user's too expand their memory aside from buying a different freaking model.
Also, I find it ironic someone is defending the 360 by talking about periphial cost.

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
Aries_Split said:
shatnershaman said:
Reasons not to

1) More money to spend
2) Don't need the space
3) The fucking screws

yes, if you intend to have a large library of installs and HD movies you do have to. And god forbid the screws! You actually have to you know, turn a freaking screw driver! I know us geek's aren't physical but for the love of god.
Also, The PS3 get's props for simply giving user's the ability to add more space should they want it, unlike Microsoft, who in the words of Penny Arcade "has decided, three years into the system's lifespan, that they made the wrong console."
They are trying to capatalize on downloads and optional installs, yet they do not allow user's too expand their memory aside from buying a different freaking model.
Also, I find it ironic someone is defending the 360 by talking about periphial cost.
Yeah seriously. Atleast with the ps3 I can put a TB which is basicly infinite space unless I put every game that came out ever onto it..

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Is it just me or has there been a MAJOR increase in the "system war" festivity? I hope "it's just me" because if it isn't then I pretty much have no reason to come to escapist since the reason I liked it so much was because of the lack of system wars and "PC GAMING IS DIEING!" threads.

Spidey78

Jun 21, 2008
*ducks*
TAKE COVER, FLAMES COMING IN!

*runs out from cover while shooting at the other fanboys*

THE 360 SHALT NEVER TOP THE PS3! shouts the legions of Sony fanboys to one side of me.

360 OWNZORZZ YOUR ASS! yells the legions of Microsoft fanboys to my other side.

*digs a hole and hides inside of it wishing the fanboy flamewars to stop.*

tregon75

Jun 27, 2008
hmmm... haven't Microsoft realized that I'll just rent a good game and save it to my Hard-drive? Pffft.... $10 games... SWEET!

Edit: lol nvm I didn't notice where it said "You will need the disc in the drive." lol That would've been sweet though.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I'm eventually going to expand my space in my PS3, but not for a while because i just love deleting the now useless pictures and videos and sometimes game data to create more space.

It's like cleaning up my room!

So yeah, this is due for a lockage.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
tregon75 said:
hmmm... haven't Microsoft realized that I'll just rent a good game and save it to my Hard-drive? Pffft.... $10 games... SWEET!
Even though you need the disk to prove you bought it, the disk doesn't spin, this is just begging to be cracked.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Bulletinmybrain said:
Yeah seriously. Atleast with the ps3 I can put a TB which is basicly infinite space unless I put every game that came out ever onto it..
Good luck finding a 1TB LAPTOP drive. (1TB does not equal infinity you can fill it up with HD movies easily.

Isaac Dodgson

The Mad Hatter
May 11, 2008
A Web Browser would be nice (Getting back on the main topic...) and it might be the next step AFTER this update...but I doubt it's going to happen. M$oft wants you to browse their content their files and games, and their library of goodies, and don't want you to bother with any other hogwash on the net. The box is for watching movies, listening to music, and playing games either by yourself, with a group, or with a family. The more they restrict the content to things they own, the more money they will make, as well as making it much much easier to control...M$oft is not big on modding from what I can tell...

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Isaac Dodgson said:
A Web Browser would be nice (Getting back on the main topic...) and it might be the next step AFTER this update...but I doubt it's going to happen. M$oft wants you to browse their content their files and games, and their library of goodies, and don't want you to bother with any other hogwash on the net. The box is for watching movies, listening to music, and playing games either by yourself, with a group, or with a family. The more they restrict the content to things they own, the more money they will make, as well as making it much much easier to control...M$oft is not big on modding from what I can tell...
I play Divx files from my PSP on the 360 didn't know MS owns those.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
shatnershaman said:
Bulletinmybrain said:
Good luck finding a 1TB LAPTOP drive. (1TB does not equal infinity you can fill it up with HD movies easily.
You use externals. Duh.
Thats pretty/sarcasm. Or you could use you PC and stream it to your console or watch the videos on the PC. You don't need more than 40GB to install MGS4 and download Rub a dub duck.

Blazingdragoon

Feb 21, 2008
Isaac Dodgson said:
I close the topic with youe commment. Because it makes a whole lot of sense.