New Zealand Mall Uses Manilow to Scare Teens

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
Personally...what they should do is Rick Roll them...

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
Managed to get your song related puns in there I see.

Well I think that the idea is interesting, although the noise pollution of Manilow may be worse than a bunch of rowdy teenagers.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
DrummerM said:
Call me crazy, but I can't see how Barry Manilow's music will stop teenagers acting like ididots.
It won't make them stop acting like idiots, but it will encourage them to act like idiots somewhere else where the nasty geezer music isn't playing. (Starts humming Abba's "The Winner Takes It All".)

-- Steve

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
DrummerM said:
Call me crazy, but I can't see how Barry Manilow's music will stop teenagers acting like ididots.
I... Actually quite like some of Barry Manilow's songs. I'm not sure if I should be amused or embarassed XD

Huey1000

Oct 14, 2008
bue519 said:
Its a shame they couldn't play something better. And I really wanted to visit New Zealand, but this is definitely going to make me rethink my plans.
It could be worse, they could've played Michael fcking Bolton!! You should come to Israel man; get drunk, stoned and laid every MFing day!

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
meh dont worry about what christchurch the rest of the country doesnt its the test zone for things that are doomed to fail

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
galletea said:
I think that the idea is interesting, although the noise pollution of Manilow may be worse than a bunch of rowdy teenagers.
Ah but you haven't seen our rowdy teenagers.
Christchurch is full of old people anyway, so they wont mind.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Whats worse though, teenagers or Mannilow fans?

I can see the headlines now.

"Mannilow gang terrorizes neighbourhood".
"More Mannilow murders".
"Mannilow massacres continue".

It lends itself nicely to a news story.