New Zelda Coming In 2009, Says Analyst

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
New Zelda Coming In 2009, Says Analyst

Colin Sebastian of Lazard Capital Markets [http://www.lazardcap.com/] seems pretty sure that a new Zelda game is coming in 2009, listing it as one of 22 games that could drive a 5 percent growth in game sales in the next year.

In a last Peach game [http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6202650.html] was on the DS and not really that big a deal. If this one warrants inclusion on a "sales boosters of 09" list, could it be a full-fledged Wii game for Peach?

Sebastian's in good company: Michael Pachter of confirmed [http://www.wedbush.com/] some time ago that new Zelda and Mario games are in development, but have been coy about when they'll come out. Since Twilight Princess wasn't really a Wii title or a GameCube title, there has yet to be a real Zelda on Nintendo's highly lucrative Wii, leading many to believe that a new Zelda, built from the ground-up for Nintendo's number one money maker, is on the way.

Sebastian also made mention of another of the game industry's biggest franchises: Grand Theft Auto. Unlike Zelda, however, GTA won't be seeing any new iterations in the coming year, according to Sebastian. ""Looking ahead to 2009, we expect mid-single-digit growth in software sales on a tough growth comparison and potentially fewer hit titles (e.g., no GTA V until 2010)," Sebastian wrote.

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
Good that it's sort-of-maybe coming out soon... I need a Wii... -_-''

Seriously, who the hell likes Princess Peach? She's an annoying little Mary-Sue...

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Is it from Nintendo?
No.
Oh, so it's from an analyst?
Yes.

Then I 'ain't listenin'!

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Predicting a new Zelda from Nintendo is like predicting the sun will rise in the morning. Minus the Aztec's trying to provide it with human hearts.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Good god no, I haven't finished absolutely hating Twilight Princess yet.
System requirements for Zelda: Twilight Princess:
A Wii.
A Wiimote.
A Wii nunchuck.
CLAIRVOYANCE.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
Eruanno said:
Good god no, I haven't finished absolutely hating Twilight Princess yet.
System requirements for Zelda: Twilight Princess:
A Wii.
A Wiimote.
A Wii nunchuck.
CLAIRVOYANCE.
You've obviously never played the original ;)
TP really wasnt that hard. I'll be so bold to say that it was possibly the easiest in the series. Except for the damn water and sky temples, I got through the game without too much trouble. I didn't even need to go to gameFAQs. Unless you skipped texts and cutscenes, then I'd imagine it would be pretty hard.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
Hehe, you really did need clairvoyance to play the original. That or, a map.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Weren't they claiming they were going to actually change up the genre for the next one like with Majora's Mask? It seems like Nintendo always alternates between experimenting with a franchise and then just doing same old, same old.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Doug said:
Predicting a new Zelda from Nintendo is like predicting the sun will rise in the morning. Minus the Aztec's trying to provide it with human hearts.
Who knows what those crazy Nintendo fanboys have been doing?

PirateKing

Nov 19, 2008
SecretTacoNinja said:
Good that it's sort-of-maybe coming out soon... I need a Wii... -_-''

Seriously, who the hell likes Princess Peach? She's an annoying little Mary-Sue...
Technically she's a maguffin. A mary sue is a different thing.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
L.B. Jeffries said:
Weren't they claiming they were going to actually change up the genre for the next one like with Majora's Mask? It seems like Nintendo always alternates between experimenting with a franchise and then just doing same old, same old.
Hmm, I wonder what they'll try this time. Survival Horror? I can see it now Resident Zelda: Return of the OoT Redeads.

Well, I dont think MM was so much a genre change as it was a radical dissension from the traditional Zelda formula.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
xitel said:
Doug said:
Who knows what those crazy Nintendo fanboys have been doing?
But of course. And theres the secondary benefit that they're also sacrificing virgins.
At least they wouldn't run out too quickly... I'm sorry, that was mean.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Brought to you by the investment firm of No, Shit, and Sherlock?

There's ALWAYS a new Zelda game, nearly every year/two years, like clockwork.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Could that guy please work on something else? Like when Duke Nukem Forever comes out?