New Zoids Game! Maybe!

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States

Actual page.

Teaser for possibly a new entry in the franchise but with nothing known on what it is, but it seems it has a keyword for Field of Rebellion, which was trademarked not long ago with Video Game as a category.

ARE YOU HYPE?

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Drathnoxis said:
Zoids? Wasn't that a Power Rangers transformation or something?
There were two anime, one was a military one, the other was like, a Hunger Games-ish thing. Though I think they are in the same world, one is just way after the other.

Its animal mechs.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Saelune said:
Drathnoxis said:
There were two anime, one was a military one, the other was like, a Hunger Games-ish thing. Though I think they are in the same world, one is just way after the other.

Its animal mechs.
Oh yeah, you're right, they were actually mechs.

Sorry, I was never much into Power Rangers.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Drathnoxis said:
Saelune said:
Drathnoxis said:

Its animal mechs.
Oh yeah, you're right, they were actually mechs.

Sorry, I was never much into Power Rangers.
I liked Power Rangers, but they and Zoids are nothing alike, aside from the Zoids looking like the animal robots the Power Rangers used in the first series for a split second until they formed together.

Also apparently there were 2 more anime series after the two I knew.

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
Color me interested then. Though the last few times I've been hyped up for the return of franchises from my childhood I've ended up disappointed. Specifically the fake reveal of a new Bloody Roar game and Mechwarriors reboot(which ended up being online only.)

Still I'd still like to optimistic.

natenate95

Invalid CD key
Nov 5, 2008
YES.....YESSSSSS

Who doesn't love a mechanical wolf with a 25mm autocannon on it. Those things were probly the best toys I owned when i was a kid.

Leg End

Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Saelune said:
Saelune said:
Also apparently there were 2 more anime series after the two I knew.
Technically it was three series for the ones that aired in the US and they were swapped in order, but yes.

TheSapphireKnight said:
Color me interested then. Though the last few times I've been hyped up for the return of franchises from my childhood I've ended up disappointed. Specifically the fake reveal of a new Bloody Roar game and Mechwarriors reboot(which ended up being online only.)

Still I'd still like to optimistic.
With any luck, this won't be like Zoids Assault.
natenate95 said:
YES.....YESSSSSS

Who doesn't love a mechanical wolf with a 25mm autocannon on it. Those things were probly the best toys I owned when i was a kid.
To this day I have no idea why the franchise just went dead in the ocean when the sets and anime by extension were the coolest shit ever! And the games were often prime customization fuel.

natenate95

Invalid CD key
Nov 5, 2008
Found a clip of my favorite zoids moment

https://youtu.be/MijXc0ECpnM?t=2m13s

Oh god the nostalgia

Feb 26, 2014
Oh. My. God. YES! I would absolutely love that! I occasionally go back to play Zoids Genesis, one of the only two Zoids games I've ever played. Oh, god I hope it's good. I'd love to pilot the Liger Zero and the Murasame Liger, especially if it's not a turn based game. To fight a Death Saurer, or better yet, roll up in one?

Like piloting Godzilla.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
LegendaryGamer0 said:
ARE YOU HYPE?
Actually yes. Yes I am hype

I enjoyed the Zoids anime as a child and teenager. Tapping it (along with Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon and others) from Cheez Tv in Australia in the morning to watch in the evening after school (my bus was too early to watch it.)

I've always though either setting made sense for a video game. Choosing different Zoids. Customizing them and battling in a war or competition.

Joining different factions. Perhaps some open world stuff, the war-series had a sort of post-apocalypse frontier vibe that would work well.

And I'd pilot a Command Wolf (what can I say Irvine was a BAMF)

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Oh man I fuckin' loved Zoids as a kid. I'll keep my eye on this, definitely.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
LegendaryGamer0 said:
To this day I have no idea why the franchise just went dead in the ocean when the sets and anime by extension were the coolest shit ever! And the games were often prime customization fuel.
If I had to venture a guess...

As far as anime goes anyway, this is where it stopped[footnote]at least in the US[/footnote], so I can only think this is where it went wrong and there was not enough faith in the franchise to localize Genesis afterward. [footnote]Even though I really liked Genesis and felt it captured that nice military, living weapons of war feeling CC and GF had[/footnote]

There were a lot of cool models in Fuzors,
it's a shame they were attached to an anime and a concept that were shit.

Leg End

Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
natenate95 said:
Found a clip of my favorite zoids moment

https://youtu.be/MijXc0ECpnM?t=2m13s

Oh god the nostalgia
I'd kill for a modern Zoids game that allows for flying over vast landscapes in a Raynos. Fits far too well.
WolfThomas said:

I enjoyed the Zoids anime as a child and teenager. Tapping it (along with Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon and others) from Cheez Tv in Australia in the morning to watch in the evening after school (my bus was too early to watch it.)
Lucky bastard. I had no such ability to record and it came on at fuckyou o' clock in the morning usually.
I've always though either setting made sense for a video game. Choosing different Zoids. Customizing them and battling in a war or competition.
Ever played Zoids Legacy?
Actually wondering what a Command Wolf would look like in the new style... Hopefully badass as it fits well.
Eclipse Dragon said:
If I had to venture a guess...

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
LegendaryGamer0 said:
WolfThomas said:

Lucky bastard. I had no such ability to record and it came on at fuckyou o' clock in the morning usually.
Ever played Zoids Legacy?
Actually wondering what a Command Wolf would look like in the new style... Hopefully badass as it fits well.
No I haven't played Zoids Legacy. Sounds like it was cool.

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
A zoids game would be cool if it had an appropriate plot to it and it would even allow for good multiplayer style matches that could span a variety of styles (1v1, control maps, etc). I suppose the question is what would you do with it and I feel that largely revolves around which of the shows you want to base it off of. Do you do a peacekeeping force trying to prevent all out war between two countries with the Guardian force show? Do you do a not quite team deathmatch style game where teams of pilots compete against each other for prize pools based around new century? Theres a lot of ways you can take a zoids game since the setting is very rich with ideas.

My only real criticism with that teaser is Ild like them to keep the anime aesthetic since I feel like it better conveys the idea of hope and making a better world which has always been an underlying theme of the shows (or at least the ones I saw I never saw fuzors)