Newest Super Smash Bros Fighter is Fire Emblem's Ike

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
I figure that Chrom and Lucina could be palette swaps of Marth, given that they are all one big happy family.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I am a bit disappointed, I like Ike and all, but I really hope Chrom/Lucina still have a good chance. I think they could work as a middle class fighter, as opposed to the quick and light Marth vs. the slow and heavy Ike.

I know it won't happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing Seth or Frederick, though being on horses would be quite a problem.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Like a lot of people, I would've much preferred Lucina. Or, and here's a crazy idea, Morgan! With two or three changeable 'professions' because of the whole mutable class aspect of Awakening.

Ephidel

Jan 29, 2014
Dexterity said:
I'm actually pretty disappointed that there's not going to be a Chrom. He was a very likable character, and he's a lot more relevant than Ike.

The only other characters from Fire Emblem I'd like to see are Hector or Ephidel, purely because there are no axe or lance wielding characters in Smash Bros.

For those saying Tactician, there are already a few "mage" characters in Smash Bros. They're not really that interesting.
<3

But really, everyone knows where Ike went with Soren after Radiant Dawn.

I hope that's not an Assist Trophy. =P

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
And now I have no reason to expect Chrom...oh well. I don't remember there being much of a difference between Ike and Marth in past games but I'm not too concerned since it seems like this won't be a big issue this time around...seems like.

I can't wait for E3 though to see who else is revealed. I'm hoping Chrom makes it in as an unannounced, surprise character of course but for the moment he, Zoroark and, Harry the Teleroboxer are all on my mental shelf of 'hopefuls who are moer than likely going to be left out'.

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
I have a feeling this means Chrom and Lucina are both out. The only real signature move either of them had is... well... already taken. By a certain walking tank who just got confirmed as in.

That being said, with the HUGE commercial success of Awakening, and with the fact that Sakurai is a big fan of the Fire Emblem series (in fact Radiant Dawn is apparently one of his favorite games), it could be likely that we get a THIRD FE spot this go-around, and that could go to a certain Myrmiadon with a penchant for theatrics.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Damn I was hoping for Lucina... she would have been a great inclusion for people like me who've never played the older titles, but really enjoyed Awakening.

She may still get included although they'd probably go with Chrom I think.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
And Lucina and Chrom fans get kicked right in the chest.

Nah I kid, I think they still have a chance of getting in. But hell yeah, since Snake isn't coming back at least my second main man gets to make a nice return!
We do like Ike after all. Now we wait till E3 for more.

DaViller

Sep 3, 2013
YES, praise our lord sakurai! The broest of bros is back in smash and im getting more and more hype for this game every minute.

Sadly we wont be getting any lucina due to this, then again she would have probably just been a marth clone.

Edit: did anyone else notice that his facial features look very similar to those from berserks guts? Seriously if he was missing an eye he might be the same dude. This takes his bro level to imeasurable hights.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Mr. Q said:
I was wondering if we were getting anymore reveals before E3. Awesome to see Ike back in the fold. Was kinda expecting Meta Knight with the release of Kirby Triple Threat but we shall see what Nintendo has up their sleeves.
I think you mean Kirby Triple Deluxe. Also, Meta Knight doesn't actually appear in the game, he has small cameos, but other than that he isn't in it. Dark Meta Knight from Amazing Mirror is in the game however, but that's different.

OT: Well I, like many others, kinda wanted Chrom instead, but Ike isn't too bad. That being said, I despise Ike's look in Radiant Dawn when compared to his Path of Radiance one.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Neronium said:
Mr. Q said:
I was wondering if we were getting anymore reveals before E3. Awesome to see Ike back in the fold. Was kinda expecting Meta Knight with the release of Kirby Triple Threat but we shall see what Nintendo has up their sleeves.
I think you mean Kirby Triple Deluxe. Also, Meta Knight doesn't actually appear in the game, he has small cameos, but other than that he isn't in it. Dark Meta Knight from Amazing Mirror is in the game however, but that's different.

OT: Well I, like many others, kinda wanted Chrom instead, but Ike isn't too bad. That being said, I despise Ike's look in Radiant Dawn when compared to his Path of Radiance one.
Shit. Thanks for correcting me on the flub. I was barely awake when I got the news.

I'm curious to know if Chrom will be in SSB or not. Some are debating that he if makes it in, he' gonna need a moveset that will seperate him from Ike and Marth.

This is gonna be a long two weeks.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Mr. Q said:
Shit. Thanks for correcting me on the flub. I was barely awake when I got the news.
No problem. I felt the need to clarify because I got Triple Deluxe day one and sorta played it near nonstop for like 2 weeks. :p
Good game, highly recommend it.

I'm curious to know if Chrom will be in SSB or not. Some are debating that he if makes it in, he' gonna need a moveset that will seperate him from Ike and Marth.

This is gonna be a long two weeks.
Yeah, it'll be a long one for sure. For me though, I'd settle even for an alternate costume for Marth that would be Chrom in general. I mean, it's doable and this new Smash Bros already has alternate costumes that are very different from the original for a few characters, and in Brawl we had Wario in his Wario Ware outfit and his original one.