Next 5 Games You will buy new

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Bob_McMillan said:
5. Battlefield 1. Now this one's a doozy. This should be number one. I really liked the beta, and was pissed that EA didn't extend it. However, I am planning to invest in either a gaming laptop or a PC in August. If BF1 is a mess on release, and isn't completely fucking loved by everyone, then I will wait till next year to get it on PC. I really don't want to have to pay for another year of PS+ just for one game, especially when they just recently increased the prices.
Just fyi, the beta runs pretty good. I have a 1070 and everything is on ultra and I'm usually in the 90-120 fps range. I assume game ready drivers will increase or at least stabilize performance as well.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Ok,

Valley (kind of cheating as I have already downloaded it, just need to start it)

Fifa 17 (so I can take my beloved Aston Villa back up to the Premier League).

Tomb Raider: Rise of The Tomb Raider

South Park: The Fractured But Whole (hopefully longer than the original)

Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Plus any games I get for Christmas. I don't have the time for them, I actually have a backlog growing.

ultrabiome

Sep 14, 2011
Buying at $60:

Zelda - Probably Wii U version. I probably will not be blown away enough by the NX reveal to want one, at least right away. Also, Zelda games keep their value more than almost anything else, so buying immediately doesn't make me feel buyers remorse. (I bought Skyward Sword a year ago for like $45 and didn't feel ripped off)

Buying new at cost:

StarCraft 2 DLC. I already have the full Nova pack, and Alarak (voiced by John de Lancie! - Q from Star Trek:TNG) is about to be available for purchase as a Co-op Commander. I have Abathur already (did I have to buy Karax?) and I play co-op daily.

Buying new at discount:
XCOM 2
South Park 2
and anything on my fairly large steam wishlist that drops to sub-$20 or less plus available play time. Especially if they are the full game + DLC.

But I have a big backlog right now without a major release for me that eminent that has sort-of priority.

Backlog includes:

Finishing Zelda Wind Waker HD
Finishing Xenoblade Chronicles X
Finishing Deus Ex: HR DC playthrough 2 (first on PC though)

...ever beating Fume Knight with my mage so I can finish Dark Souls 2 (PS3)

Starting:
Darksiders 2 (Wii U)
Epic Mickey (Wii)
Wolfenstein: The New Order playthrough 2 (PC)
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
The Witcher 1 & 2 (PC)
another game of Endless Legend (still have 2 of the DLC races to try and win with)

Nov 28, 2007
X Com 2, assuming it doesn't have the technical issues of the PC version.
Mass Effect: Andromeda is a definite buy for me.
Beyond that, depends on what kind of bargains I can find.

Feb 26, 2014
Kingdom Hearts 2.8/3

The game I'm looking forward to the most right now. I've been waiting years for another main title Kingdom Hearts game, especially since, gameplay wise, the handheld games don't actually measure up. Please don't have micro-transactions or DLC I tried playing 3D on the 3DS but... no. I hope It's better on the console. Oh, and I hope the voice acting improves, especially for the title characters. Aqua, Ventus, and Terra were god awful. The worst in the series, I believe.

Horizon Zero Dawn

This game combines many of my greatest weaknesses: Bows, Gingers, Open Worlds, and ZOIDS!

Dynasty Warriors 9

I basically know what I'm getting every time I buy a new game. I'll always pray for a little more complexity to the combat, like bringing back grapples, but I know my prayers will go unheeded. The Koei gods only ever listen to character popularity polls.

Pokemon Sun
I fell in love with Pokemon again after playing ORAS and trying a Nuzlocke for the first time. Next time I'm going to try a Wonderlocke. As for why I'm getting Sun; Sungaleo (Psychic Steel type? Really? Wow.) looks like a Zoid... I really like Zoids.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Dishonored 2
uhm
hrmm
The Destiny thing, but thats more of an expansion
Probably some random cheapo indie games.

I'm looking at other posts, but nothings really catching my eye.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
1. Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice (today in fact)
2. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (assuming I can find it new)
3. Rise of the Tomb Raider - the PS4 delay actually worked in my favour, since I got a bit of time to go back and play the first one, hopefully.
4. Doom
5. Pokemon Sun or Moon

I also plan to get the expansions for Witcher 3 and DLC for Mankind Divided fairly soonish.

Kerg3927

Jun 8, 2015
Dark Souls 3
XCOM 2

Kinda waiting for the $60 price tag to come down on those. I'll probably get DS3 during the next Steam sale.

As a huge fan of the Mass Effect trilogy, I will have to check out Andromeda, but I have a sickly feeling that it is going to be DAI in space. An unnecessarily massive open world slog, with lame characters, poor writing, and a heavy-handed SJW theme.

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
Final Fantasy XV
Persona 5
Nioh
Pokemon Sun
Shadow Warrior 2

I've had my eye on these games for a while. Less than the games that I bought last year, but still too many in my opinion.

PurplePonyArcade

Apr 9, 2015
Pokemon Moon.
Pokemon Sun.
Corpse Party: Back to School Edition.
Blade Arcus from Shining: Battle Arena.
Blazblue Central Fiction.

Not in that order.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
The only game on my list is probably Battlefield 1, though I'm probably just going to wait a few days so I can save five bucks on a used copy because I'm cheap. Otherwise I'm either waiting to hear more about the game or am just not interested.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I'm basing these in order of the how soon I will purchased them upon release (though they might change in time):

1. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PS4)
2. Pokemon Sun version (3DS)
3. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (WiiU)
4. Persona 5 (PS4)
5. Pikmin 3DS [working title?] (3DS)

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Because I have plans to buy the Sierra Bunble [which it have...20 games I think] and already pre-order Shadow Warrior 2, they don't count.
So the "pure" games I will buy are:

Persona 5
YIIK
GLITCHED
Diaries Of A Spaceport Janitor
Ruiner

I have many more games I want to buy, but those are the top buys I will pay full price to get them.

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
Well this is all assuming I will actually have the money to buy them new at the time of release and other means.

Final Fantasy VII Remake
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
Dragon Quest Builders
Dragon Quest VII (3DS)
Dragon Quest VIII (3DS)

Notice a pattern here? I'm not even what you'd call a Square Enix fanboy, but I love me some Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy XII was my all time favorite FF game, and FF7 has so much nostalgic value as being the first game I owned on PS1 (in fact the reason I wanted a PS1).

There's a problem, the first 3 games are announced only for PS4... I don't own a PS4, if I knew they'd only ever be released on PS4, I'd buy one... but knowing what Square Enix has been doing lately, they'll wait 6 months to a year and then port all of them unannounced to PC, which is my platform of choice, and I would buy them all again on PC, sell my PS4 copies and end up with a console with no games to play (I ranted about this already)

So... yeah I would totally buy these new if they were on PC, but seeing as how it'll take some time for the PC port to come out, I guess I'll be waiting.

The 2 3DS games at least I can get now as I do have one of those...

Correction: My wife has a 3DS and I'll have to beg her to let me use it.

Oh well... there's also Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord which I might very well get new if I can.

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
Civ 6... probably... maybe.

I might just wait a year or three until I can get the gold edition with expansions and DLC for 10 or 20 euro's in a steam sale. By that time it'll also probably be a straight up better game.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
tippy2k2 said:
The only game I KNOW I'm buying next is going to be XCOM 2.

One of the benefits of being a cheap ass is that I never know what I'm going to get next! What will be on sale this week?!?! Garbage? An indie darling? A huge AAA bucket of awesome? The possibilities are endless!!!
At least you have one you know. I can only think of one "maybe, but probably not" and that's Elder Scrolls VI. I'm pretty content with my collection now a days and unless I get news of the next metroid prime or mass effect 1 level of good, that probably won't change so much *shrugs*

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I can only think of 2 games that I plan on buying "new" as you put it.

Dishonored 2
God of War: Ragnarok (at least I think that's the subtitle for it)

There is a new game by Ninja Theory that I saw a trailer for, based on Celtic mythology and legend that looks really fucking sweet, and I've realized that I really like most of Ninja Theory's games, so I will likely grab that one too, but I don't know when it's coming out.

Apr 24, 2008
I dunno... The stuff I am most interested in seems to have a wishy-washy lack of confirmed dates. Rising Storm 2 and Bannerlord being the biggest culprits.

I'd like Mafia 3, and it seems a given that I'd buy the new NBA game. I might splurge on a Vive, at which point I think I'd want Onward, that looks like fun.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Hmm there may be a few but ill stick to ones that are almost certain day one purchases (well week 1):-

FFXV - I have a hunch the combat is going to be terrible but its a new mainline FF game and I want it to be good and see what they have done. I probably wouldnt be so invested if I had not finished every other main FF game in the series bar the mmos (at current end story in XIV tho). That said I hope it is good its just I am not expecting much but at least lightning is gone (please let her be gone).

Nioh - Loved the alpha and beta a game has not sucked me in like this in a long time if the end product holds up I will be very happy.

Shantae half genie hero - last Shantae game was absolutely incredible and I didnt even mind the GBA ported one before so high hopes here.

Steins Gate Zero - not really a game as its a VN but its on PS4 so including it here. If it is as good as the last one then it will probably be my favourite digital piece of entertainment of the year.

Tekken 7 - been out of Tekken for a while since Tekken 3 really dissapointed me by taking out a lot of my favourite characters and 4 was just a bad fighter so although I liked 5 and was glad they added Asuka who is one of the few new characters I liked it was not enough for me to get back in as I just felt burnt out on it. Played Tekken 7 in JP arcades and now am really looking forward to the console release. Kazumi in particular was just so fun to play. I still hate Jin though (another reason I disliked Tekken 3).

Other possibilities of the top of my head include :-

Dishonoured 2 - never bothered to finish the first one. I enjoyed it though but guess it wasnt strong enough to pull me through but it was good enough to want me to try again.

Blazblue Central Fiction - Almost definite purchase but not necessarily on launch. Always good fun to play as Makoto though even if I lose 90% of the time mostly through having no skill (always struggle with Arc games most of all even if I feel in many ways they are the 2d premier fighters atm in terms of complete package and quality).