Next Bond film to be called "Skyfall". Will Bethesda sue?

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
So they announced that Bond 23 is going to be titled Skyfall.

Clearly this is too similar to Skyrim, so the producers should expect a law suit from Bethesda over this :)

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Yeah, that joke was never really that funny to begin with.
I give this thread about five posts until it becomes a desolate 'corporations are evil' wasteland.

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
Wow this is a really clever joke! Well done, seriously that made my day, thanks.

OT: No of course they won't sue... I hope

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Probably, it seems that these days lawsuits are the new in thing.

])rStrangelove

Oct 25, 2011
Seeing how the last Bond movie went, i'd say MGM & Sony will sue Bethesda to gain more attention in the press.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I predict a class action lawsuit including but not limited to:

Skyrim
Skyward Sword
Falling Down (movie)
The Sky is Falling (movie)

UBERfionn

Jun 7, 2010
For goodness sake, Zenimax suing mojang is a legal issue that Notch (god knows I love him and his amazing game) has made public. This kinda thing happens all the time but normally the companies have a legal firm or team that tell them not to release information on the ongoing legal actions.

Notch got rich and famous fast and so is still right now trying to sort out his company and so can be forgiven for almost all of the stupid but awesome things he does. i.e. Notch's first response to "challenge Bethesda to quake" was awesome but never going to work and was kinda stupid.

People keep jumping at Bethesda over this but they are just defending their trademarks. Win or lose they still need to defend it to prevent a "The Oldest Scrolls" game form coming out.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
UBERfionn said:
People keep jumping at Bethesda over this but they are just defending their trademarks. Win or lose they still need to defend it to prevent a "The Oldest Scrolls" game form coming out.
Yes I know it's mainly about dumb trademark laws rather than trademark trolling by Zenimax/Bethesda. And that Mojang aren't entirely in the right on their handling of this matter.

However that would ruin my original "joke" :)

Sgt. Dante

Jul 30, 2008
UBERfionn said:
For goodness sake, Zenimax suing mojang is a legal issue that Notch (god knows I love him and his amazing game) has made public. This kinda thing happens all the time but normally the companies have a legal firm or team that tell them not to release information on the ongoing legal actions.

Notch got rich and famous fast and so is still right now trying to sort out his company and so can be forgiven for almost all of the stupid but awesome things he does. i.e. Notch's first response to "challenge Bethesda to quake" was awesome but never going to work and was kinda stupid.

I should totally produce a quick "The Ancient Rolled Parchment" game.

I just wanna fit in.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
Well Bethesda have been using Skyrim since 1994.....In all honesty Zenimax have ever right to try to defend trademarks because trademarks laws in America are stupid.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Ryan Kerr said:
Well Bethesda have been using Skyrim since 1994.....In all honesty Zenimax have ever right to try to defend trademarks because trademarks laws in America are stupid.
The laws of America have nothing to do with the lawsuit. The lawsuit is being made in Sweden, not America.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
It sounds like Skyfall would be a much better thing to sue over, I can see tons of people going "Don't you mean skyRIM" whenever anyone says skyfall, as opposed to anyone hearing scrolls and going oh don't you mean The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
If they sue it'll be funny as hell and Bethesda basically proves they're ran by some of the most paranoid shithooks in the industry.

Xahn

Oct 17, 2011
chadachada123 said:
Ryan Kerr said:
The laws of America have nothing to do with the lawsuit. The lawsuit is being made in Sweden, not America.
the only reason its taking place in Sweden is because Notch lives there and trademark law is that defendant gets the home-court advantage.
OT:Bethesda only has trademark rights for video games Bond is safe

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
Michael Flick said:
Anyone else excited for skyrim? looks great.
meh, i don't like bond films that much

Sgt. Dante said:
I should totally produce a quick "The Ancient Rolled Parchment" game.

I just wanna fit in.
nahh..

'The Superannuated treatise whirls: Welkin-skirt'

there you go I de-localised it from English, to less specific English
they probably wouldn't pick that up until it was released