Next Fire Emblem Will Be Split in Two

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
shintakie10 said:
BakaSmurf said:
Ye Gods, first Golden Sun Dark Dawn, then Fire Emblem Awakening, then Majora's Mask, now this? The negatives of not purchasing a Nintendo hand held are starting to become eclipsed by the positives. Pretty soon I'm not going to be able to resist the temptation. 'Dat Dark Side campaign ain't helping matters either...
Honestly curious. What are the negatives of getting a 3DS?
Dropping $200+ on a console that both has very few games that I am interested in on top of lacking any kind of multimedia support. Now that there are a few fairly substainstial games that I'm interested in on top of owning a Vita for multimedia goodness... Having trouble coming up with a good reason to not buy me a 3DS already.

Jeyl

Aug 10, 2010
BakaSmurf said:
Dropping $200+ on a console that both has very few games that I am interested in on top of lacking any kind of multimedia support.
You've got the classic DS library, the current 3DS library and a slew of virtual console titles from NES, Game Gear, Sega Arcades, remastered Genesis classics and even 3DS specific titles to choose from. The DS and 3DS library alone is two console generations of games that can play on a 3DS and there are quite a variety of titles to choose from. Sorry, but your "very few games" argument is disingenuous at best and narrow minded at worst.

Also, the 3DS can play and manipulate music that you load on it's SD card. And the new 3DS has an improved web browser that can play 3D youtube videos with it's native 3D tech so no glasses unlike what you'd have to do on a regular computer. Nintendolife.com already has a number of videos where they showcase Virtual Boy games in 3D that you can finally see what they looked like in 3D! I'd never thought I'd be able to see what the games looked like in 3D outside of owning the console.

It also supports Netflix for movies and TV shows. A youtube application, hulu ect.

BakaSmurf said:
Now that there are a few fairly substainstial games that I'm interested in on top of owning a Vita for multimedia goodness...
Again with the "I'm interested in". Just because you don't like Nintendo's properties doesn't make their games any less substantial than what the Vita has.

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
Jeyl said:
BakaSmurf said:
snip

BakaSmurf said:
snip
Oh, what's this? A Nintendo fan boy attempting to start a fight with a Vita owner by twisting his words around in a plainly obvious way? My, how droll.

Although I was not aware that Nintendo's hand helds have gotten more versatile since the DS came out, that actually gives me additional reason to buy into the brand, but really dude? Just because I've stated that I own a Vita you try to pick a fight? That's just bad form and makes everybody that owns a Nintendo hand held look bad.

Also, just fyi, I've attempted to utilize the much-touted 3D feature on the 3DS on an acquaintance's 3DS with their copy of one of the new Mario games, that was probably the first full-on migraine I've ever developed. Plus, I've actually played a real physical Virtual Boy that a fellow my mother knew had the misfortune of buying when they were new. I'm in no rush to subject myself to that kind of hell again on a 3DS for mere yuks.

Rahkshi500

May 25, 2014
Yeah, not so sure about the marketing decision to split this into two separate games while throwing DLC onto it, but dammit, I loved Awakening, and IF definitely looks very interesting.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Hope I can choose my starting class this time. Assassin, if leveled right, could instakill entire groups in one move with 100% accuracy every round in Awakening.

That was fun.

Jeyl

Aug 10, 2010
Rahkshi500 said:
Also, just fyi, I've attempted to utilize the much-touted 3D feature on the 3DS on an acquaintance's 3DS with their copy of one of the new Mario games, that was probably the first full-on migraine I've ever developed.
There's a cure for that.

It's cheaper, too!

Rahkshi500

May 25, 2014
Jeyl said:
Rahkshi500 said:
Also, just fyi, I've attempted to utilize the much-touted 3D feature on the 3DS on an acquaintance's 3DS with their copy of one of the new Mario games, that was probably the first full-on migraine I've ever developed.
There's a cure for that.

It's cheaper, too!
Why do you have me quoted? I didn't say that stuff.

Jeyl

Aug 10, 2010
Rahkshi500 said:
Why do you have me quoted? I didn't say that stuff.
I don't know. For all intents and purposes it doesn't make any sense.

seditary

Aug 17, 2008
Well seeing how buying the game and the other path as DLC costs the same as Awakening did, I have no problem whatsoever.

Reading details about it I'm quite excited. 6 chapters before the choice, each version alone is as long as Awakening was, an extra 3rd path as DLC. (Awakening had 28 story chapters, so just that alone gives 22 unique chapters per version and 6 shared for a total of 50 story chapters.)

Looking at the screenshots enemies can pair up too now and it gives a breakdown of the paired characters chance to hit and damage etc. It looks great.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Jeyl said:
Rahkshi500 said:
There's a cure for that.

It's cheaper, too!
Well you could just turn the 3D off....

The 2DS is pretty good and is much more comfortable than the 3DS, plus is considerably lighter. However, there are a few downsides; it's not very portable as it's not pocket sized or has the protection of a clam shell you'd want from needing to put it in a bag, it only has a mono(grumble) speaker, which I feel is a rip, and it looks like one of those dodgy slabs you'd give a 3 year old with 3 pre loaded games, rather than a high grade consumer electronic.

I like my 2DS, but I'm certainly considering upgrading to New 3DS when I can afford it.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
Huh...alright, I'll buy this game...for half price each, b/c I am not about to pay full price for half the experience, especially after wasting my money on a 3DS only to have a newer version announced a month later (and also the newer RPG's will ONLY run on the new version).

Yeah...Nintendo's been rustling my jimmies of late. Still, it's nice to already have a hit list for next Black Friday!

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
Gut response is "Screw you Nintendo" but if each path is comfortably the size of Awakening (with a bit extra for faith's sake) and the DLC isn't an outrageous price then this is really the opportunity to buy more Fire Emblem.

I'm okay with that, if I wasn't then I wouldn't want it in the first place.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
If I had a 3DS, I'd probably pick the Black campaign, because (as already noted) the White campaign sounds like every other Fire Emblem, only with the added drama of "YOU BETRAYED OUR TRUST IN YOU!" The chance to reform a warmongering nation from the inside sounds a unique plot and I wish I could give it a whirl.

Team Black's character designs are also much cooler to me (I prefer their western knight aesthetic over the samurai-looking Team White).

Nixou

Jan 20, 2014
If I had a 3DS, I'd probably pick the Black campaign, because (as already noted) the White campaign sounds like every other Fire Emblem, only with the added drama of "YOU BETRAYED OUR TRUST IN YOU!" The chance to reform a warmongering nation from the inside sounds a unique plot and I wish I could give it a whirl.

Or you could get the third version, which will include all three campaigns (and cost twice as much)

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
Nixou said:

Or you could get the third version, which will include all three campaigns (and cost twice as much)
Not quite sure here so don't take my word on it, but I am pretty sure the third campaign will be dlc and thus wouldn't cost as much. I also heard somewhere (again iffy) if you get one, you could get the other at a reduced price

Nixou

Jan 20, 2014
Not quite sure here so don't take my word on it, but I am pretty sure the third campaign will be dlc and thus wouldn't cost as much. I also heard somewhere (again iffy) if you get one, you could get the other at a reduced price

Well, the japanese version [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me-9kWzxKoo] of the last trailer went into pricing details: both versions will be sold for 4700 yens (40 US dollars), the second and third campaign DLCs will cost 1850 yens ($15,50) each, (so obtaining the three campaigns via DLC will cost 8400 yens/70 bucks), then the complete game (with all campaigns put into a single package) will be released at a later date with a cartridge plus doodads like an OST and an artbook for 9250 yens/78 bucks.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
Nixou said:

Well, the japanese version [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me-9kWzxKoo] of the last trailer went into pricing details: both versions will be sold for 4700 yens (40 US dollars), the second and third campaign DLCs will cost 1850 yens ($15,50) each, (so obtaining the three campaigns via DLC will cost 8400 yens/70 bucks), then the complete game (with all campaigns put into a single package) will be released at a later date with a cartridge plus doodads like an OST and an artbook for 9250 yens/78 bucks.
Yeah thats what about I thought. Not overally bad to me at all

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
I should probably get a 3DS so I can play the new Sapphire and these Fire Emblem games....

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
All Hail Lelouch said:
You forgot to mention that there will be a third campaign released as DLC, Basically a "Kill them all" Scenario where you choose neither side and make your own path.
Ahh, the "Fuck everyone, you're ALL gonna die!" option.

Also known as the Drakengard Option.

Welp! Time to name my character Caim!