Next Gen 6 months in, how do we feel?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Listen up, I just ordered a 65-inch Samsung tv today with a new a tv stand and all that cost me like near 2000$ and next weekend I am going to start looking on Facebook market place for a PS5 from a dam skalper :( SO If I do manage to get a PS5 disc edition next weekend, guess I'll get Spiderman and Final fantasy remake.
You might still be able to claim FF7R for free is you have ps+, but you have to hurry because i think it ends on the 5th.

Reactions: Alienware

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Still at least a year or two to go until I consider getting a PS5. I'm in no rush.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I'd love to grab a PS5 if I could get one.

I'd like to play the Demon's Souls remake and Spider-Man Miles Morales and there's a few PS4 games that I want to play with the improved performance of the PS5, like Ghost of Tsushima which I hear runs way better on the PS5.

Plus, I lent my PS4 to my dad because I primarily game on PC and he needed to temporarily replace his blueray player and he hasn't given it back to me yet.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I'm only in it for the upped framerate. It's like a drug where your eyes don't have to try anymore. They can lie back with their feet on the glass table while the grapes of desperate escapism are courteously dropped into their greedy beady black holes. In that regard, Microsoft are doing better for now. But I cannot bring myself to trust them. Or any corporation, so while Sony has zero trust, microsoft are firmly in the negatives still. Basically like any drug dealer, you just have to try and find the least shit one to sort you out. Tbh, this is the first console generation I been lucky enough to have the money to not be 5 or 6 years too late for, as everything before was just pre-owned or hand-me-downs. Is just unfortunate there's not only a pandemic, but also serious asshole scalper issues that mean it can't be shared with others.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I'm only in it for the upped framerate. It's like a drug where your eyes don't have to try anymore. They can lie back with their feet on the glass table while the grapes of desperate escapism are courteously dropped into their greedy beady black holes. In that regard, Microsoft are doing better for now. But I cannot bring myself to trust them. Or any corporation, so while Sony has zero trust, microsoft are firmly in the negatives still. Basically like any drug dealer, you just have to try and find the least shit one to sort you out. Tbh, this is the first console generation I been lucky enough to have the money to not be 5 or 6 years too late for, as everything before was just pre-owned or hand-me-downs. Is just unfortunate there's not only a pandemic, but also serious asshole scalper issues that mean it can't be shared with others.
I just want to add that not only is the 60fps wonderful. But them loadtimes are fucking sweet. I can now play games for the 90minutes i have every evening after work before bed and not spend a significant chunk of that shit in a loading screen.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The next-gen consoles suck when it comes to games. Demon Souls is great, but not for everyone. God Fall sucks, Watch Dogs Legions sucks, AC Valhalla is good if you like Vikings.

Oh, and Microsoft is right now in an even worst shape.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
The next-gen consoles suck when it comes to games. Demon Souls is great, but not for everyone. God Fall sucks, Watch Dogs Legions sucks, AC Valhalla is good if you like Vikings.

Oh, and Microsoft is right now in an even worst shape.
You can play all of those games except Demon's Souls remake on PC already. Hell, you can play the Ubisoft games on PS4 and XBOXOne as well as PC. DeS is the only PS5 exclusive in that bunch.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
You can play all of those games except Demon's Souls remake on PC already. Hell, you can play the Ubisoft games on PS4 and XBOXOne as well as PC. DeS is the only PS5 exclusive in that bunch.
Look I don't want to spend an hour trying to memorize all the moves of a boss, then dodge, attack, dodge attack. That's tedious.

I need Far Cry 6 bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
If it weren't for the closure of the PS3 online store, I would barely remember the PS5 is already out.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Look I don't want to spend an hour trying to memorize all the moves of a boss, then dodge, attack, dodge attack. That's tedious.

I need Far Cry 6 bad.
I do look forward to seeing how Giancarlo Esposito spends his time chewing the scenery, like all the other FC villains since 3.

Reactions: Sora383