Next Marvel movie

Goregasm

Sep 23, 2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Man_and_Iron_Fist

Luke Cage + Iron Fist, recipe for success.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
viranimus said:
Personally? none. Since the house of mouse is basically running the show now, not a lot of reason to watch any films they put out now.
Are you joking? Or have you not seen the movies put out since the merger? They've basically just gotten better in the last few attempts. What exactly are you picturing when you think of Disney owned Marvel movies? Kingdom Hearts meets the Avengers? Disney cares too much about money to alienate the serious Marvel fan base that is flocking to these movies.

OT: Black Panther. A diversity choice for sure, but a fascinating character is his own right with great moves, gadgets, and a back story that allows for easy crossovers with Captain America, coupled with the international politics and racial tension that could drive his character motivation with the preexisting characters.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Well, that's easy- Ant Man and Wasp, together. Let them be in the next Avengers as a couple, then you have a whole marriage dynamic going.

I don't want a Nick Fury movie, unless it's about his Howling Commandos.

EDIT: Ooh, ooh, and Ms. Marvel! Get her in there. Also Spider-Woman.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Fappy said:
Launcelot111 said:
I heard Guardians of the Galaxy is up for 2014, though I haven't heard a word on the roster yet.
I am betting the roster will be a mix of recent Guardians (Abnett/Lanning) and other popular cosmic characters. I doubt we'll see Rocket and Groot unfortunately.
Seeing as they stuck him in UMvC3 and thus he'd be the only person that people completely unfamiliar with Guardians of the Galaxy would recognize, why wouldn't they have Rocket? Sure, it would be a ton of CGI, but the whole movie is destined to be soaked in CGI. Half the comic's cast would have to be CGI or heavily made up (eg Drax, Gamora, and Mantis are all green). I can understand Groot being a cameo at most, but why not Rocket?

As for other characters to stick with them, who? Nova or Ms Marvel maybe, but I can't think of any other sensible candidates

Oct 30, 2010
Fappy said:
Launcelot111 said:
I heard Guardians of the Galaxy is up for 2014, though I haven't heard a word on the roster yet.
I am betting the roster will be a mix of recent Guardians (Abnett/Lanning) and other popular cosmic characters. I doubt we'll see Rocket and Groot unfortunately.
At the very least Rocket, I would assume, will make a cameo, based on his appearance in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Hopefully they alter the costumes a bit if Gamora or Moondragon show up. Not really eager for controversy #1,897.

trooper6

Jul 26, 2008
I was always a DC person for their pulp/horror/fantasy books...but I'd be jazzed for an Alan Moore/Captain Britain flick.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Launcelot111 said:
Marvel has taken some big risks with their movies as it is (they have all paid off so far) and I doubt they'd be willing to risk throwing in a CGI anthropomorphic raccoon and his tree-king bff. A general movie audience would scoff and laugh thinking it was some terrible joke. People familiar with Rocket due to a fighting game will be few and far between and probably wouldn't really make any kind of impact on ticket sales. I would hope that Rocket, Groot and even Cosmo make some kind of cameo as they are some of my favorite Marvel characters, but I just don't see Marvel taking that risk.

As for characters they'd probably supplement? Well there are a ton of candidates for that.

Characters we're likely to see: Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer (Fox might still have the rights), Nova, Peter "Star Lord" Quill, Mantis, Drax, Gamora, Quasar, Moon Dragon, Captain Marvel (pick one), Ms. Marvel, and probably a few more I can't remember off the top of my head.

Cosmic characters we're unlikely to see: Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Bug, Cosmo, Super Skrull (FF dependent), Ronan the Accuser (FF dependent?), Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, and some other.

4173 said:
Hopefully they alter the costumes a bit if Gamora or Moondragon show up. Not really eager for controversy #1,897.
Why not? Gamora's got to be a smoking green chick!

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Marter said:
Pretty sure Iron Man 3 is next considering it's already filming.

But if you mean the next one to introduce a new character -- or perhaps reboot one -- I'm still wanting a new Daredevil.
Daredevil is unfortuntely still not with Marvel. However, there is a reboot/sequel slowly coming along.
http://screenrant.com/daredevil-reboot-rewrite-david-james-kelly-sandy-167969/
As much as I'd love for all rights to go back to Disney/Marvel so they can have more freedom/characters for their movie continuity, I really like Slade so the Daredevil thing could be a good movie at least. Like First Class, I wish those rights went back to Marvel, but we got an awesome movie out of it so I'm not that disappointed.

I have a fair few hopes. Dr Strange is an obvious one. Luke Cage and Iron Fist would be awesome (with Isaaiah Mustafa as Luke Cage, obviously), Ant Man would be very cool, or Black Panther. Oh, and since hearing about the Runaways from the shelved script, I really want that movie.
For those interested, I do try to hunt down what rumours I can, I have this little document thing I put together.
Iron Man 3, Cap 2, Thor 2. (Confirmed)
Runaways, Ant Man, Punisher, Guardians of the Galaxy. (Mostly confirmed)
Black Widow, Black Panther, SHIELD, Inhumans. (Heavily rumoured)
Iron Fist, Dr Strange, Cable, Nighthawk, Vision, Dazzler Ka-Zar, Power Pack. (Possible)
I apologise for the lack of sourcing, I keep meaning to update that thing with some articles or whatever. Google them if you see one that interests you.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Marter said:

But if you mean the next one to introduce a new character -- or perhaps reboot one -- I'm still wanting a new Daredevil.
Marvel Studios don't have the rights to Daredevil.
Or Luke Cage.

Black Panther is my favourite Marvel Hero, he could do with some more press, I would pick Hakweye after him but he's been done and it was shit.

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
Sigh, I wish Marvel would get back the rights to Spider-man and X-Men.

From what I've heard, there are going to be Deadpool and Venom movies coming out, but neither are going to be made by Marvel and will most likely not live up to their potential.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I'd like a Story about Moon Knight, I don't think he'l ever see his own movie though....

Donnie Restad

Oct 9, 2011
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1211837/

Doctor Strange
Iron Man 3
Thor 2
Captain America 2
Nick Fury

are all going to be a part of the next Avengers cycle, according to IMDb.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
brunothepig said:
Marter said:

Daredevil is unfortuntely still not with Marvel. However, there is a reboot/sequel slowly coming along.
http://screenrant.com/daredevil-reboot-rewrite-david-james-kelly-sandy-167969/
As much as I'd love for all rights to go back to Disney/Marvel so they can have more freedom/characters for their movie continuity, I really like Slade so the Daredevil thing could be a good movie at least. Like First Class, I wish those rights went back to Marvel, but we got an awesome movie out of it so I'm not that disappointed.

I have a fair few hopes. Dr Strange is an obvious one. Luke Cage and Iron Fist would be awesome (with Isaaiah Mustafa as Luke Cage, obviously), Ant Man would be very cool, or Black Panther. Oh, and since hearing about the Runaways from the shelved script, I really want that movie.
For those interested, I do try to hunt down what rumours I can, I have this little document thing I put together.
Iron Man 3, Cap 2, Thor 2. (Confirmed)
Runaways, Ant Man, Punisher, Guardians of the Galaxy. (Mostly confirmed)
Black Widow, Black Panther, SHIELD, Inhumans. (Heavily rumoured)
Iron Fist, Dr Strange, Cable, Nighthawk, Vision, Dazzler Ka-Zar, Power Pack. (Possible)
I apologise for the lack of sourcing, I keep meaning to update that thing with some articles or whatever. Google them if you see one that interests you.

you need to throw the sheild movie into the confirmed pile as Stan Lee said it was comeing during "With Great power the Stan Lee story" while he was at Iron Man 2 premire.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Prof. Monkeypox said:
viranimus said:
Personally? none. Since the house of mouse is basically running the show now, not a lot of reason to watch any films they put out now.
What exactly are you picturing when you think of Disney owned Marvel movies? Kingdom Hearts meets the Avengers? Disney cares too much about money to alienate the serious Marvel fan base that is flocking to these movies.
I see a corporation founded by a wingnut who funded the nazis... who has a long standing history of intentionally traumatizing children... a noted intolerant corporate culture, and a corporation that most recently has been party to overt sexualization of preteen girls.

Thats just scratching the most obvious surface.

Yeah... anything associated with Disney can rot in hell as far as I am personally concerned. Its a shame that Marvel is just another corpse on that funeral pyre behind ABC, ESPN and many more.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Err. I hate to burst the OP's bubble Dr Strange is a US born citizen.

http://marvel.com/universe/Doctor_Strange_(Stephen_Strange)

But there are certainly still some good British heroes in marvel, obviously Captain Britain and Union Jack, but also Spitfire, the Black Knight, Peter Wisdom, etc

I would like to see a Doctor Strange movie, and a Captain America movie that features the Invaders in world war 2. Then there could be a Defenders movie with Hulk, Dr Strange, Namor and maybe Valkyrie (Silver Surfer being with fox).

Maybe a secret Avengers movie with Warmachine, Hawkeye and Black widow, plus some others. Spy movie meets big action.

I heard a rumour, maybe just some speculation or I might have dreamt it, that Guardians of the Galaxy was going to feature Carol Danvers and maybe she will become Ms Marvel.

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
JohnDoey said:
Hank Pym deserves a chance in the spotlight as Ant-man.
I'd love an Ant-man movie, The Avengers just doesn't seem right without him.

However I think he's a little dark for the Marvel movie universe; he beats his wife, is insecure, a complete dick. As if that weren't enough to stop it from being made, Janet is a mutant, and Marvel can't use anything mutant related because Fox owns the rights.

So they'd have to either destroy his character to get the movie made, or just not make it.

Personally I've been hoping for Black Panther for years. I can't believe they rebooted Hulk and made a fucking Thor movie before Black Panther.

Skipper zammo

Oct 11, 2011
mindlesspuppet said:
JohnDoey said:
Hank Pym deserves a chance in the spotlight as Ant-man.
I'd love an Ant-man movie, The Avengers just doesn't seem right without him.

However I think he's a little dark for the Marvel movie universe; he beats his wife, is insecure, a complete dick. As if that weren't enough to stop it from being made, Janet is a mutant, and Marvel can't use anything mutant related because Fox owns the rights.

So they'd have to either destroy his character to get the movie made, or just not make it.

Personally I've been hoping for Black Panther for years. I can't believe they rebooted Hulk and made a fucking Thor movie before Black Panther.
You seem to be much more familiar with Ultimate Ant-man then regular continuity Ant-man.

Regular continuity Ant-man definitely has some mental issues, most likely some kind of bipolar disorder. but he only hit his wife once as far as I'm aware, and his wife isn't a mutant.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I would go with Black Panther. Seeing that short animated series he would be an awesome attention to the team (that is if he's willing to leave his nation for a while) and a new mytho too.