Next Rockstar game?

Joxby

Jun 10, 2015
Hey guys, my first post on here!

Thought I'd ask; what do you guys think the next Rockstar game will be?

Bit vague, but I've just been on a massive Rockstar rampage lately. All GTA's, LA Noire and Red Dead cravings... Great games, in my opinion at least... Although people bash them for using similar engines over and over again and all that.

Let me know what you think it will be :)

Joxby

Jun 10, 2015
LeathermanKick25 said:
We desperately need a new Bully, Warriors or Red Dead game. A new Bully which maybe takes place in University/College. There was talks for a Warriors sequel that focused on street gangs in the UK in the 60's which would of been interesting. Then you have Red Dead, Redemption for me was a near perfect game and I'd love more of it.
Yeah, I actually never completed Bully... I tried playing it not too long ago but it's just a bit past it's date I think.

I'm with you on Red Dead though. I would love a sequel too. Or at least something similar...

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
I may be a minority opinion but I would actually want a refinement of GTA Online as its own standalone game, I see problems, yet I see some real brilliance that peeks through, and will say that as is GTA Online is a successful experiment that deserves the attention of getting its own full game.

I reread and see this is a prediction not a wish list, so.
I would expect the next Rockstar game to be one of its other franchises, unless they go right in to the next GTA and while what I stated above is a wish, I do expect an improvement in the GTA Online style as it has been received fairly well and would undoubtedly be part of the next GTA.

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
I hope for another RDR and while i'm not really fond of remasters i would buy the first one again for the current gen.
A new ip is always nice too though.

Ambient_Malice

Sep 22, 2014
I think it's worth noting that LA Noire was not actually a Rockstar game, per se. It was by an Australian developer, and runs a custom engine. (There is a common misconception of it running RAGE.) Rockstar sent developers to assist during late development when the game went over budget/schedule.

TBH, a Rockstar-developed LA Noire sequel would leave a bad taste in the mouth, because LA Noire was very much the brainchild a single dev and the game itself contributed heavily to the destruction of the Australian games industry.

It's also worth noting Rockstar North took Manhunt 2 off Rockstar Vienna (Rockstar port team), fired them, and then reworked the game themselves, leading to some anger over names missing from the credits.

Apparently LA Noire's credits are missing a lot of names due to developers leaving during development and their names being expunged as some sort of petty revenge.

Anyhow, I would like to see a new Max Payne by Rockstar, but written by Sam Lake.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
All I ask for some DLC for GTA V.
It's been 1 and a half year, and still nothing.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
StatusNil said:
HOPEFULLY they are still making it. Because I want that one. Old Skool Espionage!
Man, all Rockstar has to do is read ONE good non-fiction spy book and Agent would kick ass. A book like Spy Dust.[footnote]You can read a bit about that here [http://www.nytimes.com/1986/02/15/world/us-says-spy-dust-used-by-the-russians-is-no-health-hazard.html].[/footnote]

Here's to hoping they actually finish it.

Mar 30, 2010
fenrizz said:
I understand you're talking about GTA V and not GTA:O but just as an FYI all of the GTA:O update packs add their content to the singleplayer game too.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Grouchy Imp said:
fenrizz said:
I understand you're talking about GTA V and not GTA:O but just as an FYI all of the GTA:O update packs add their content to the singleplayer game too.
Really?
So the new heists are also available for single player?

WickedBuddha said:
fenrizz said:
This is a good thing. Games should be shipped complete. Any additives should be expansions not slap dash DLC. It is a good thing Rockstar has not flooded GTA 5 with a bunch of useless DLC via cutting out chunks of the game as so many other devs do to there games.
Yeah, that was what I meant though.
Maybe DLC is a bit inaccurate on my part.

Mar 30, 2010
fenrizz said:
Grouchy Imp said:
fenrizz said:
Really?
Yeah, four-player co-op missions are now available in single-player. Jeez, just trying to help.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Grouchy Imp said:
fenrizz said:
Grouchy Imp said:
fenrizz said:
Really?
Yeah, four-player co-op missions are now available in single-player. Jeez, just trying to help.
I'm sorry, did I come of as rude or something?
I assure you, this was not my intention. I was merely pleasantly surprised at this revelation.

Mar 30, 2010
fenrizz said:
Grouchy Imp said:
fenrizz said:
Grouchy Imp said:
fenrizz said:
Really?
I'm sorry, did I come of as rude or something?
I assure you, this was not my intention. I was merely pleasantly surprised at this revelation.
No worries. It's been a rough day and I read your post as sarcasm. No harm done.

To elaborate further upon the main point then, there have been no additions to the singleplayer mission roster (although Rockstar have made noises that such updates may be coming) but most new vehicles and all new weapons introduced by the various updates become available in the singleplayer mode once installed.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
I'd personally love to have a GTA that has the same setting as 2: retro-futuristic.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
I'd still love an RDR port to PC. It was great on Xbox, but would love to see what modders could do with it.

I would second GTA V content, but overall I was a bit underwhelmed by the game and disappointed by their support of the online component instead (which was still poor mind you, look at the delay from launch to getting coop heist's). I never liked GTA online, mainly because the community is generally pretty toxic and my time of playing it was launch last gen, where it was a buggy broken mess for a long time.

I'd like to see Rockstar do a cyberpunk open world game, though I imagine their next game will be a current gen Red Dead title.

Joxby

Jun 10, 2015
Well personally I'm in between RDR remaster or sequel/prequel or a new IP. I mean, DLC would be nice for GTA:V. I agree that DLC can be seen as wrong and all, but, Rockstar arent exactly EA and use extortion as a means to get by with their games.

LA Noire as been noted is not directly a Rockstar game, but was still released by them. So kinda counts I guess.

I would like maybe a GTA actually set in another time zone again. Maybe something a lot more dramatic like the 30's, 40's or 50s. But I'm a guy that loves these eras. I know Mafia is a great game, but I just feel that Rockstar would be able to make something even better. Especially with free roam.