Next Star Wars Film to have 100% More Tea

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
[HEADING=3]Well, it will be made using more tea[/HEADING]

There are a lot of things that the current UK coalition government has done with tax breaks and the creative industry within Britain, not all of them well thought through.

However, George Osborne, Chancellor of the Exchequer, tweeted today:
"Just confirmed: the next Star Wars film will be made in UK. Great news for our creative industries. May the force be with us....."
Since Disney acquired Lucasfilm they were very open about their plans to release a new trilogy of films, so the announcement of the first one so soon is not very surprising.

It is unclear at this point weather it this means that the whole film will be made here in the UK, as the previous films have included location shoots in Tunisia and California as well as a lot of sound stage and green screen work.

There is a great pedigree of film making in the UK, especially franchises, like the James Bond and Harry Potter movie series'. This may be a move by Disney to have the infrastructure and long term viability of having a Star Wars movie coming out on a regular basis but we will have to wait and see.

[Twitter]

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Every single time George Osborne says anything, does anything, or continues to exist, a star dies.

That said, this is damn good news. RULE BRITANNIA!

Aug 31, 2012
Weren't the majority of them done in UK studios anyway? Isn't it more a case of "exactly the same amount of tea as last time"?.

Edit: A quick wikipedia check (bow before my research skills) reveals yes, exclusively UK studios except episodes 2 & 3 which also had some work done in Australia. So, interesting news, however your title is pure conjecture, I'm afraid I can only give you an A- for this one.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Oh, I wonder if they'll do any scenes in Northern Ireland, I'll be totally signing up as an extra then.

HEY MA! I'm in Star Wars!

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I was about to say 'Hey, we don't drink that much tea!' Then I looked at my desk, and there's a cup of tea there.

I'm hoping that not all of the film will be filmed in Britain. I'd rather some was filmed in interesting locations rather than the sequel trilogy's approach of 'ALL THE CGIS!!!' That said, I'm sure there's some interesting landscape that could be put to good use- parts of Snowdonia or Scotland maybe?

colostomizer

Jun 7, 2011
Good that us tea-quaffing Brits get a look-in again. Although, if memory serves, major parts of the original trilogy were filmed over here. I only hope the new film doesn't suck quite as many big, sweaty, hairy balls as the last 3 films did... *shudders*

Also, little known fact* but George Osborne eats babies. And kills puppies for sport. And drives a car powered by burning kittens. And he smells.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Hero in a half shell said:
Oh, I wonder if they'll do any scenes in Northern Ireland, I'll be totally signing up as an extra then.

HEY MA! I'm in Star Wars!
Have you tried to get a job on Game of Thrones? They do most of their shooting in NI, so if you want to get on something GoT would be a good place to start. If you have no interest, disregard this.

OT: I'm not surprised, the originals were filmed there, as was The Phantom Menace, and its a pretty good place in general to make movies. I's be willing to bet its also partly because there is already a certain amount of connections between the people who had been with Lucas from early on who are working on the new movies.

Ravinoff

Elite Member
Legacy
May 31, 2012
Country
Canada
Zykon TheLich said:
Weren't the majority of them done in UK studios anyway? Isn't it more a case of "exactly the same amount of tea as last time"?.

Edit: A quick wikipedia check (bow before my research skills) reveals yes, exclusively UK studios except episodes 2 & 3 which also had some work done in Australia. So, interesting news, however your title is pure conjecture, I'm afraid I can only give you an A- for this one.
I'm honestly not sure where they were filmed. I know the Tatooine sections (at least in the original trilogy) were filmed in Tunisia, but that's the only location I know of.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
*Grumble* Brit's always getting everything-Nothing ever happens here In Australia *GRUMBLE* Why choose a wet damp country when you could have the wild partying Australia we already have all your monsters such as the Giant Drop Bear so there would be no need for CGI :p

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
knight steel said:
*Grumble* Brit's always getting everything-Nothing ever happens here In Australia *GRUMBLE* Why choose a wet damp country when you could have the wild partying Australia we already have all your monsters such as the Giant Drop Bear so there would be no need for CGI :p
Because spider. BECAUSE SPIDERS! You can't have nice things until you get rid of those. You're lucky you're allowed to keep the sunshine and kangaroos.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
ninjaRiv said:
knight steel said:
Because spider. BECAUSE SPIDERS! You can't have nice things until you get rid of those. You're lucky you're allowed to keep the sunshine and kangaroos.
What about the Spider-Kangaroo hybrid genetic mutant weapon that is solar powered can we keep those :D?

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
OhJohnNo said:
Every single time George Osborne says anything, does anything, or continues to exist, a star dies.

That said, this is damn good news. RULE BRITANNIA!
Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves... sorry. Screw it, not sorry at all. *large breath*

OT: That's pretty cool, even though I won't be there because of going to University in Canada. I've just got British citizenship. Also, just for the record, 100% increase in nothing is still nothing. :p

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
knight steel said:
ninjaRiv said:
knight steel said:
What about the Spider-Kangaroo hybrid genetic mutant weapon that is solar powered can we keep those :D?
And have you invading us and taking our tea? I think not. Hand them over.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
So alot of the smaller roles will be played by brit actors instead of american actors then huh. So same as the original trilogy i guess thats a good sign.