Next Year You Won't Need Cable to Watch HBO

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Darth Sea Bass said:
Hey cool good for you guys! Just give me a shout when it arrives on UK shores and then I'll get excited.
gigastar said:
Now they only need to realise that they have an international audience and then ill be ready to venerate them.
"The international revenue possibilities could be just as large if not larger (with OTT [over-the-top content]). We have huge opportunity [sic] in front of us. We will use all means at our disposal to go after it."
By the sounds of this, they have got us non-NA residents covered. I hope.

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
This is great! I'm stuck with xfinity in my neighborhood, and they won't let me use HBO GO on my Playstation because they'd rather force me to use their horrible on demand interface.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Well I am definitely interested in hearing some more details. I was just telling my wife that I would seriously consider paying up to 20 bucks monthly for HBO GO.

Svarr

Nov 2, 2011
But... but why the name "HBO Go"?

What is it with this generation and tacky names? x.x

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Dark Knifer said:
roseofbattle said:
Next-Year-You-Wont-Need-Cable-to-Watch-HBO'>Next Year You Won't Need Cable to HBO.
Yay.

roseofbattle said:
launching a stand-alone service in the U.S.
Oh.

Well good for you guys then *lives in Australia*
Maybe they don't know that most of their Australian viewerbase pirate their shows. They'll probably work it out, in 8 to 10 years.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
was going to feel happy about it, then remmebered its probably going to be like every other streaming service - not availabl in your country because for some reason publishers are allowed the monopoly of regionalizing.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
Darth Sea Bass said:
Hey cool good for you guys! Just give me a shout when it arrives on UK shores and then I'll get excited.
Thinking about this some more I should have said as long as the picture quality is up to scratch. I tried using Now tv through my xbox but the picture quality was terrible like I was watching it on a standard def tv.

Rituro

Critwrencha
Sep 18, 2008
Sigh. And once again, loyal Canadian customers are shut out of living in the future. Is it really that much of a hassle to send the signal north?