NFL Player Ragetweets About Madden 13

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
NFL Player Ragetweets About Madden 13

New York Giants defensive tackle Marcus Thomas went off on EA Sports for using a picture of a totally different Marcus Thomas in Madden 13.

The guy on the left is Marcus Thomas. The guy on the right is also Marcus Thomas. The guy on the left is in Madden 13 [http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-13-Xbox-360/dp/B006VB2UNM/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346271027&sr=8-1&keywords=Madden+13]; so, too, is the guy on the right. The trouble is that the guy on the left is actually supposed to be in Madden 13 as a member of the New York Giants, while the guy on the right hasn't been signed to an NFL team since 2009 - but it's his photograph that appears in the game.

As you can imagine, the guy on the left isn't too pleased with the situation. "the creators of madden needs to b slapped for putting an imposter pic in place of me that's not me for the last time I don't look like that," he tweeted yesterday. "I been in the nfl going on 6years and y'all still hav another mans face for my pic on madden i hate y'all hate is very strong but I do"

"Madden is disrespectful practice your craft and make it realistic I'm in newyork now help me please someone call madden and tell him lol," he continued, suggesting that he wasn't entirely angry about the situation, before clarifying that he was, but not really. But sort of. "I'm serious but I'm not Naw I'm serious they been try n me for 4 years. How y'all gone hav my pic rookie season and then change it to a completely dif person for ds rest of my career... Man im angry now u right madden is very unprofessional"

His sad plight didn't go unnoticed by his fellow NFLers either, in particular Chad Johnson, the wide receiver formerly known as Ochocinco, who tweeted sympathetically [https://twitter.com/ochocinco/status/240869223377813504], "That awkward moment when you realize you're not on Madden13 and have to create yourself..."

Thomas eventually decided to take his case directly to the top. "dear mr @EAMaddenNFL i com to you humbly sir. Can u please put the right photo of me on the madden it's been 6years not lol maybe a giggle," he wrote, still apparently not quite able to settle on exactly how he felt about the whole thing. Not that it really mattered: Madden NFL Live Content Producer Donny Moore tweeted an apology and promised to have the picture changed in the next update, and that was enough to make Thomas (on the left, not the right) happy.

"mr madden has slapped and gave me a pacifier and told me to make the team before I start demanding requests lol," he tweeted. "Thanks mr madden I love you"

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/MarcusThomas_79]

Mestraal

Jan 18, 2010
He...uh...really wasn't sure how he felt about that, was he?
Although I quite like his use of the name 'Mr Madden'

Admittedly, a pretty silly mistake though!

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Alight I can understand screwing up one year, but constantly doing it for 4 years, EA needs to get with it.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
That is an embarrasing mistake, but I guess that's what happens when you basically copy-paste the same game with some new dressing every year. I think the bottom line is that they were just slapping new graphics based on photos onto the game and didn't really care that much about the product.

In the end though, I suppose it's all good since I imagine Marcus Thomas presumably got paid to have his likeness used, and that doesn't seem to be in question.

Honestly, if this was me, I'd consider refusing to allow my image to be used in the franchise again, it really shows that this is being dialed in despite the popularity of the franchise, and I'm not sure I'd want to be associated with it even for money. Truthfully if players started withdrawing their support to be depicted in the game, it might convince the guys producing these games to clean up their act.

Also, if those were actually his tweets, I'm wondering if he actually thought he was dealing with Madden as opposed to a video game company....

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
Sympathies for the screw-up on EA's end.
Massive head-shaking for the grammar and orthography of the tweets, as well as the ridiculous extent of the rant.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Someone send this guy back to 6th grade so he can learn how to write coherently. Christ almighty!

"dear mr @EAMaddenNFL i com to you humbly sir. Can u please put the right photo of me on the madden it's been 6years not lol maybe a giggle,"

What the fuck does this even mean?

Nov 28, 2007
Fappy said:
Someone send this guy back to 6th grade so he can learn how to write coherently. Christ almighty!

"dear mr @EAMaddenNFL i com to you humbly sir. Can u please put the right photo of me on the madden it's been 6years not lol maybe a giggle,"

I'll translate.

"Dear @EAMaddenNFL, I humbly come to you, sir. Can you please put the correct photo of me in Madden NFL 13? It's been six years. I'm not laughing out loud, maybe giggling."

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
As someone who has lied for more than one job saying I can't work on Sundays for religious reasons when it was actually to not miss one game of American Football (I don't like just calling it "football" or using the word "soccer", just like I use metric when I can here...), this is kind of embarrassing.

I mean, I dedicate 1/7th of my life to watching and tracking people who get paid millions and millions of dollars to play a game, and all of which went to college for 4 years, and this is how one of them iterates their feelings?

Granted, I know this one player doesn't represent the entire NFL, but those messages do not paint a picture of a college educated professional with over a million dollars in the bank. Maybe Twitter's character limitation is destroying the English language as each day passes. D'ah I need to lie down...

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
thebobmaster said:
Fappy said:

I'll translate.

"Dear @EAMaddenNFL, I humbly come to you, sir. Can you please put the correct photo of me in Madden NFL 13? It's been six years. I'm not laughing out loud, maybe giggling."
How did you do that!? You must be one of those magicians! Or a witch!

Nov 28, 2007
Fappy said:
thebobmaster said:
Fappy said:

I'll translate.

How did you do that!? You must be one of those magicians! Or a witch!
I use AIM. You either learn how to translate that crap, go mad, or both.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
Holy mother of crap, he sounds like a moron. I'm sorry, but that guy is dumb as shit. He can't even type properly when dealing with a matter such as this? Wow. Dumb as a fucking brick.

Sorry, but, that's all I can think of when reading this. Sucks not to have the right picture attached to yourself in a game, but, crap.

Please make sure it doesn't reproduce.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
Seriously, EA/Madden guys have been making their games for what, nearly two decades now? How are they putting wrong pictures of the wrong athletes of two different teams in place? Mistakes happen but I have to wonder if they just google it and wing it from there? probably, probably just got their stored pictures tags mixed up or something

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Perhaps Mr. johnson would have been int he game if he hadnt been bitchslapping his wife around.

... though maybe he should see if the Steelers will sign him, since James Harrison gets away with that kinda stuff.

and I dont think twitter is the best media forum to go for this matter. especially if you type like your five....

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
This is nothing new, EA does this for all their sports games. From NHL 09 to present Angel Nikolov has had the same picture of a dude literally wearing a helmet and mouthguard (because the picture was taken during an actual game). No other player picture is like this, and worse yet, it's not even the right guy.

I soppose they're lucky it's European league player, and no one else but the few people like myself would know this.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
All that brain damage is making the guy on the left text and little weird.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
Oh man I love this guy. just imagine his massive hands furiously tweeting on a tiny phone while he quivers with rage and frustration at all his mis-spellings. I bet he talks like Brother Mouzone in reality

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Marcus Thomas on the right tweets like a gentleman, I am ready to hear his plight. Marcus Thomas on the left's plight is incomprehensible. WTF!?!?! WHY DOES HE HAVE 128,000 FOLLOWERS?

In his defense, when I took grammar in college, nobody made me take athletics. This guy's talent in life is playing NFL quality defensinve line--an extreme rarity of instinct, training, and physical conditioning. When he played football in high school and college, he was forced to take grammar--something obviously foreign to him. He had no choice. Accept that you are different. You are good at grammar. He can crush you like a over-ripe tomato. But you both play video games, so you have some common ground.

p.s. I say above that you are good at grammar. If you use "your" as a contraction for "you are" then I retract this statement for your case and substitute bucketfuls of intense loathing. You know who you are! Um. Well, actually, you probably don't. If you did, you would likely stop.

Sep 14, 2009
Fappy said:

wait..your american, and you can't read that? o.o...

goodness, i'd hate to see how you would react to some of the facebook status's of people I know..christ almighty, they use more symbols than actual alphabetical letters to write their sentences..the word 'sentences' used very loosely.

OT: if that happened to me personally, I'd laugh a bit but probably call them out on it, it's really not that big of a deal, but oh well...