Niantic Working on a Fix For Pokemon Go Catch Issues

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Niantic Working on a Fix For Pokemon Go Catch Issues

Niantic as acknowledged a bug that impacts catch rates in Pokemon Go, assuring players that a fix is in the works.

A number of Pokemon Go players - a decreased catch rate [https://twitter.com/TheGingerarchy/status/760504788278734848] in Pokemon Go since the most recent patch. Weak Pokemon are breaking free more frequently, and players are no longer receiving XP bonuses for Nice, Great, and Excellent throws. Niantic has addressed the issue on Twitter, assuring players that it is working on a fix.

"Trainers, a new bug affecting throw accuracy increases the odds of escape and omits the XP bonus," the tweet reads. "We are working on a fix, stay tuned..."

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/761301330967326720]

This isn't the only complaint stemming from the recent update. Niantic also , which Niantic indicated [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168069-Niantic-Disables-Pokemon-GO-Tracking-Shuts-Down-Third-Party-Tracking-Sites] was done accidentally and has since removed from the accounts in order to "preserve the game's integrity and as a measure of fairness."

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Kibeth41 said:
Glad this is just a bug. I thought it was intentional. Probably the one shitty change from the new patch.

Now it makes sense why this wasn't in the official patch notes.
In the other thread you said there wasn't anything wrong with the new update and now you agree that this was a bad change. You also said that you don't defend the removal of the tracking, but now you're back on saying the update was good.

You heard it folks, it's only bad if Niantic says it's bad.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Kibeth41 said:
Yopaz said:
Kibeth41 said:
Glad this is just a bug. I thought it was intentional. Probably the one shitty change from the new patch.

Now it makes sense why this wasn't in the official patch notes.
In the other thread you said there wasn't anything wrong with the new update and now you agree that this was a bad change. You also said that you don't defend the removal of the tracking, but now you're back on saying the update was good.

You heard it folks, it's only bad if Niantic says it's bad.
"I've got a genius idea. I'll try really hard to twist his statements around. Then I'll attack them instead!"

Correction: I said nothing was wrong in regards to the temporary removal of tracking. I've literally never changed from this stance. Don't pretend that I have.

I never defended the nerfing of the catch rates. But at the same time, it took a while for the bug to be noticed by players. So it wasn't talked about as much.
You said It's easy to defend the update because they didn't do anything wrong. I mentioned the catch rates and bonus XP. You ignored it rather than saying that I had a point and that you agreed. You didn't defend it and I never said you did. I said you didn't admit it was bad when I said it was bad, but you did so when Niantic said they were working on it. You are twisting my words and accusing me of twisting your words. Brick - meet glass house.

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
Kibeth41 said:
Kibeth41, your opinions are fairly reasonable.
But until you learn to admit when you're wrong, you're going to be pissing people off a hell of a lot more than you might expect from the rationality of your opinions.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Thank God. It's been like gen 1 safari zone and every mon thinks they're chansey.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Soooo...do we get apology Pokeballs? Maybe a few incenses to say sorry? Come on, these things ain't cheap!

Detroit

Dec 22, 2012
I just figured curve ball xp didn't stack with the others but here's the real issue (again). Now that I think about it, I do seem to recall getting a nice and a curve ball bonus at the same time.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Huh. I honestly didn't notice.

Then again, my catch rate's been terrible since day one.

No stupid pidgey should require five freakin pokeballs grumble grumble

Originality

Dec 25, 2010
Yeah... I don't really see myself playing it again after everything that's happened in the last week or two.

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
Originality said:
Yeah... I don't really see myself playing it again after everything that's happened in the last week or two.
Yeah, once a few things are handled badly you kinda lose that good will between yourself and that company.

Take the Pokemon Legendary Giveaways this year, then dun messed up when Mew came out, only giving limited copies of codes to stores, so quite a few people missed out on what was meant to be a global event. During that month, they sent out extra codes to all retailers who reported running out of stock.

As well as that they also released new codes for the same event with their digital newsletter, and if you were like me, you gave your new code to someone who missed out last time. It was a good way to make it up to long running fans who were upset about missing out. It also likely led to a ton of free advertising.

Niantic so far... doesn't seem to value their players and this was evident talking to people who player Ingress. With the instant popularity of Pokemon go, we can only hope they turn over a new leaf.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Yeah, I actually did notice a pretty obvious catch rate. 4 weak pokemon in a row broke out and fled on the first throw, one of them was even excellent. It was pretty shit.

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
Kudos to Niantic for owning up to it publicly instead of fixing it quietly and hoping we all collectively say git gud to those complaining.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Originality said:
Remembering that game is technically still in Beta, there are bound to be issues.

I don't think Niantic or Nintendo (heck, even the general public) thought the game would ever take off like this, with the amount of people playing i'm surprised there are no game breakers.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
So when they mess up and something good happens they take it away, but if they mess up and something bad happens then you're shit out of luck.

Nice move guys, gonna really keep customers that way

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
Kibeth41 said:
Maze1125 said:
Kibeth41 said:
But until you learn to admit when you're wrong, you're going to be pissing people off a hell of a lot more than you might expect from the rationality of your opinions.
I admit when I'm at fault. But that requires me to actually be wrong. Otherwise, it's just being bullied into submission.
You claimed you "corrected" me when what you did was factually not a correction.

This is a simple minor issue where you slightly misused language but, when I pointed it out, you couldn't even admit you made a mistake there.

We all make mistakes sometimes, but you aren't willing to admit even the most minor ones, so how will you ever admit the major ones?

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Kibeth41 said:
Maze1125 said:
Kibeth41 said:
I admit when I'm at fault. But that requires me to actually be wrong. Otherwise, it's just being bullied into submission.

My opinions have never changed on the catch issues, aside from the relief that it wasn't permanent.
Then why did you refuse to comment on it when I said that was a bad thing in the update when I mentioned it earlier? Why did you refuse to comment when I said I never claimed you defended the removal of bonus XP or changes in catch rate?

The only indication that you admit when you're wrong is you saying you can admit when you're wrong, a claim not supported by the numerous posts you've made lately. You know what you could have done rather than accusing me of twisting your words? You could have said that I had a point when I brought it up, but you chose not to comment on it. The truth is I brought it up when discussing the update with you and you ignored it.

Quote the part where I said you defended the carch rate/bonus XP glitch or admit that you're wrong.