Nicolas Cage appreciation thread

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
The Rock was pretty awesome. So, that.

But... I guess we're looking for craziness here. Hm. I don't know enough of his movies for that.

EDIT: Damn, thanks for mentionen Lord of War! How could I have forgotten about that one?!

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011

Lord of War does still remain one of my favourite movies of all time. God bless that glorious bastard.

A Weakgeek

Feb 3, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:
Wild at Heart remains the best use of Nic Cage's barrelling emotions. He's good as a softy greaser wannabe Elvis man.

Bad Lieutenant was good too.
"Posted on 2:22am"

Check out those triples!!!

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Ahh Nicolas Cage truly god's gift to moviegoer kind :D
I think Roger Ebert summed it up best in his quote:
"Cage is a good actor in good movies, and an almost indispensable actor in bad ones."
He's the gift that just keeps on giving to the point where I just can't choose my fav movie of his.

schrodinger

Jul 19, 2013
NICOLAS CAGE

How do we mere mortals describe a marvelous gifts from the gods?!
No simple words can match his level of nicolas cagness

He's the kind of actor where he can be an excellent actor in great movies, but even when he's in terrible movies he brings this amount of energy and hamminess that can save almost any movie he's in.
My favorite movies of his Lord of War and Kickass because It showcases his abilities of a great actor with a dash of his insanity in KA.

Bonus material:

The limited edition Nic Cage couch
"Sitting on this couch may result in spontaneous bees, the worst acting in the world, the BEST acting in the world, bird-hair, more bees, am uncontrollable desire to steal the Declaration of Independence, switching faces with Jon Travolta, a fuckton of bees, hallucinations that your skull is on fire and you sold your soul to the Devil, and drowsiness."

LootFish

Sep 15, 2013
Now you can invite Nicolas Cage to your VERY OWN BEDROOM!

http://www.amazon.com/Nicolas-Cage-Pillowcase-Covers-Standard/dp/B00AA870UK

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Kick Ass for the bonus question but only on the technicality that I have to decide.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
schrodinger said:
NICOLAS CAGE

How do we mere mortals describe a marvelous gifts from the gods?!
No simple words can match his level of nicolas cagness

He's the kind of actor where he can be an excellent actor in great movies, but even when he's in terrible movies he brings this amount of energy and hamminess that can save almost any movie he's in.
My favorite movies of his Lord of War and Kickass because It showcases his abilities of a great actor with a dash of his insanity in KA.

Bonus material:

The limited edition Nic Cage couch
"Sitting on this couch may result in spontaneous bees, the worst acting in the world, the BEST acting in the world, bird-hair, more bees, am uncontrollable desire to steal the Declaration of Independence, switching faces with Jon Travolta, a fuckton of bees, hallucinations that your skull is on fire and you sold your soul to the Devil, and drowsiness."
I'd sit on that, then I can say I sat on Nicolas Cage's face.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
Lord of War. An underappreciated gem that deserves more attention. Pitch black humor, stylish direction from a great director, and a Cage preformance. There is nothing left to want more from that movie.

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
The man deserves all unholy praise possible:
Also, Bad Lieutenant hasn't been mentioned yet which makes me sad since it is brilliant.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Nicholas-Cage-Appreciation-Group

And my favourite Nicolas Cage movie is Bad Lieutenant, which also happens to be my favourite movie OF ALL TIME.
Not kidding about that.
OF. ALL. TIME.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Favorite Nicholas Cage movie? Face Off. Whenever people say Cage can't act I point them in its direction. It also shows he has a good RANGE.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
Wild at Heart remains the best use of Nic Cage's barrelling emotions. He's good as a softy greaser wannabe Elvis man.

Bad Lieutenant was good too.
He was great in Wild at Heart
Got to be my favorite line.

I always preferred the Harvey Keitel Bad Lieutenant to Nic Cage's

The best Cage movie has to be Raising Arizona

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I'm going to have to go with The Rock or Con Air.

Bonus answer:
Wicker Man. That movie was awful, but if it weren't for Cage, I wouldn't be glad I saw it anyway. Lines like "NOT THE BEES!" and "WHY WAS IT BURNT!" are so quotable when you see a bee or accidentally burn your food.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Ouch, it's hard to pick.
He can actually be a really good actor in some movies, and when they're bad movies, I feel that he recognizes it enough to ham up his performance to the point where it becomes so bad it's good.
Vampire's Kiss or Wild at Heart would be my votes.