Nicolas Cage is Left Behind in New Trailer

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
Cage will do anything for money, hope this ain't too sucky I really like the guy, but he just makes 90% crap.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
When I saw the name of this movie, I thought it was about The Last of Us and its DLC as a movie.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
I feel like the parody (This Is the End) has already come out and been successful before the actual movie.

Robert Hilliker

Jan 10, 2012
Man I feel bad. I almost want to start up a collection for the guy. I'm just hopping this is a Neddard Stark, "I just died to prove shit just got real. Now let me cash my check and slink off so I can pretend I wasn't here." role.

On second thought, this film DOES open on my birthday. Could Nicholas Cage as the Anti-Christ be the crazy-eyed gift that keeps on giving? That i'd be tempted to pay to see.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Shouldn't a good man be part of the Rapture? He should, right?
Yes.
Yep, yep, yep, yep.
Unless, of course, it's somehow been somehow misfiled.
Misfiled?
Yes, misfiled. Sometimes somebody puts a soul in the wrong file and it's misfiled. It makes it much harder to find.
Who? Who? Who do you mean, who? How could somebody MISFILE something? What could be easier? It's all alphabetical. You just PUT it IN the right file! According to ALPHABETICAL ORDER! You know - A, B, C, D, E, F, G!
Rayford...
H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P!
Rayford...
Q, R, S, T, U, V!
Oh Rayford...
W, X, Y, Z! Huh? That's ALL you have to DO!
Very good, you know your alphabet.
I never misfiled ANYTHING! Not ONCE, not ONE TIME! I wanna know WHO DID!
I cannot possibly tell you that!
You can't?
No, I can't.
Huh - and you call yourself a psychiatrist.

That and...

Am I getting THROUGH to you, God!

...would get me over the line. To this day I can't tell if Cage is a genius or a trainwreck, possibly he is both

Symbio Joe

Dec 7, 2010
"These Christian groups are always up to some kind of bullshit. They're either trying to sneak Terry Chavo a Happy Meal, or going off about 'SpongeBob is gay!' Sponge Bob is a sponge. Obviously, transsexual. They're so busy all the time. I'm like, shouldn't you be preparing for the rapture? Aren't you supposed to be leaving soon?"
-Margaret Cho

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
The. Fuck.

Not only are they making this tripe but its a reboot?

At least there'll be some half decent meme fodder from it.

Gary Thompson

Aug 29, 2011
Does Nick Cage play the Antichrist?

Because that would be the greatest movie ever, Nick Cage as the Antichrist.

Jul 31, 2013
Heh, I remember watching the first movie with my christian fundie father a few years ago.... yeah, even some huge nostalgia goggles won't block out the mountains of shit that that movie threw at me.

Now, I'm almost a 100% that I'm going to enjoy this movie in a very, very ironic fashion. I mean, it's perfect!!! We got Nicolas Cage playing in an adaptation of a christian fundamentalist book. What is there not to enjoy???!!!

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
On the upside, if it's adapted for modern audiences then maybe this version will have less brazen misogyny and less of a flaming douchebag for a hero.

Maybe they'll also stop using the "atheism = stupidity" for a writing crutch every time they want someone to make an obvious mistake.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Also why does everyone seem to think Cage is a bad actor?

Did nobody see City of Angels or Face-Off?

Red Panda

Jan 28, 2014
Or Leaving Las Vegas , The Rock , Con Air (no high cinema but fun), Adaptation , Mother Fking Kick-Ass!!.

The guy can be an amazing actor, I feel like people like him need someone who will guide them into the right kind of movies. What he does he does better than anyone else, he just needs to get the right spots and he shines.

josh4president

Mar 24, 2010
"OH, NO! NOT THE RAPTURE! NOT THE RAPTURE! AAAAAHHHHH! OH, IT'S IN MY EYES! MY EYES! AAAAHHHHH! AAAAAGGHHH!"

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
BrotherRool said:
The thing that best sums this all up is a line where a nurse explains that she's sad all the babies have miraculously disappeared from the earth, because now she can't perform any more abortions.
._.

I had heard the series was bad, but WOW, that is wrong on so many levels. Also, once the baby is out of the hole, it isn't really abortion anymore. >_>

Did the series ever explain what happened to the unborn babies during the Rapture? Did they get Left Behind?

Also, why did all the clothes neatly fold themselves up. Was GOD really so concerned about leaving everything behind in a tidy pile when he seems utterly unconcerned if the PLANE was going to crash or not?

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
I have NEVER not been entertained by a Nicolas Cage performance. Either he's really good in the role, or he's just plain crazy. Never walked away disappointed by a Nicolas Cage performance. Ever.

Bluestorm83

Jun 20, 2011
This movie is clearly 100% fiction.

I mean, really, if I were God, I'd take Nick Cage to heaven and abandon everyone ELSE.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Have you guys seen the poster for the movie? It's so bad I thought it was a joke when I first saw it. Seriously, have a look:

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Perhaps this is for ironic humour?...Maybe?
Oh who am i kidding? This whole idea is terrible. Cage may be able to Cage his way out, but i saw Drive Angry. You just cant Cage your way out of everything.

However, after being forced to watch Ballistica recently, though cage isnt in it, it will certainly make the turdiest of movie turds seem like a creative bouquet of floral freshness in comparision. It truly scarred me. So it should scar everyone else too!