NiGHTS into Dreams Review

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
NiGHTS into Dreams Review

Both fun to play and an important piece of gamer history.

Read Full Article

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
As a kid I passed this game up. In fact the only Sega Saturn game I own is Sonic Jam. I think your assessment on how SEGA fans feel towards the game is spot-on. I've always been interested, but never tried it myself.

I may give it a try... maybe... :p

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Knew it would be you reviewing it, Nasrin, when I saw it was NiGHTS into Dreams =P Unfortunately, I didn't have enough points to get both this and Sonic Adventure 2 and I plumped for the latter. Definitely the next thing I get though!

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
Knew it would be you reviewing it, Nasrin, when I saw it was NiGHTS into Dreams =P Unfortunately, I didn't have enough points to get both this and Sonic Adventure 2 and I plumped for the latter. Definitely the next thing I get though!
I've already got 3 baby chap well on their way to first evolution, myself. I got a pretty mediocre white from the black market that I'm turning into a dark swimming swimming, a decent hero power power and a very promising neutral flying flying, the last of which is actually an homage to NiGHTS:

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
My God I wasted so many hours of my childhood on NiGHTS into Dreams... I'm thrilled to see people finally have the opportunity to play it after years of cameos and 1 sequel. It's very much worth the $10!

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Nasrin said:
Andy Shandy said:
I've already got 3 baby chap well on their way to first evolution, myself. I got a pretty mediocre white from the black market that I'm turning into a dark swimming swimming, a decent hero power power and a very promising neutral flying flying, the last of which is actually an homage to NiGHTS:
I'm actually making a Dark swimming swimming myself! :p

I also bought a blue egg at random but I haven't decided what to do with him. I'm also in the process of making a Hero flying flying one.

Jan 27, 2011
A-Wait....IT GOT RE RELEASED ON PSN?!?!?!

0_0 Say it's true. Please say it's true. I will pick this up ASAP if it's true. I played it once as a kid in a store and it was REALLY fun.

EDIT: OMGITREALLYISONPSN!!!!

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
aegix drakan said:
A-Wait....IT GOT RE RELEASED ON PSN?!?!?!

0_0 Say it's true. Please say it's true. I will pick this up ASAP if it's true. I played it once as a kid in a store and it was REALLY fun.
Yep, it's on PSN for 10 bucks as far as I know. It's really pretty too, they cleaned it up a lot from the older version.

Andy Shandy said:
I'm actually making a Dark swimming swimming myself! :p

I also bought a blue egg at random but I haven't decided what to do with him. I'm also in the process of making a Hero flying flying one.
The flying chao look amazing, they're by far my favorite. This time around I'm going to experiment a lot more with breeding, and color/type variations.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Nasrin said:
The flying chao look amazing, they're by far my favorite. This time around I'm going to experiment a lot more with breeding, and color/type variations.
Oh definitely. When it was on Dreamcast I would've been, what, maybe 9 or 10? I would've just been like "Okay, that just happened" but now I feel like I must make ALL the breeds of Chao =P

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
I used to love this game. I remember none of my friends wanted to play it but they all wanted to watch me play it.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
My childhood is coming back into the limelight and it is GLORIOUS. :D

Now I can safely have a backup should anything happen to our Sega Saturn!

Jan 27, 2011
Nasrin said:
:p I just used Phantasy Star Online and a GBA link cable to import an immortal Tails Chao into my game.

It never dies! It doesn't wind up looking all kinds of weird due to animal parts being all over it! And it looks like an adorable version of tails! Win win!

CortexReaver

Jul 19, 2011
A great review for a great game. I hope Sega would make NiGHTS 3 eventually, without repeating the mistakes they made in Journey of Dreams.

Timnoldzim

May 19, 2012
I was so excited to play this game, and I wasn't disappointed! It's as good as I've always hoped!

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
To be honest, this actually looks really boring. I've seen TB play it in the background of a Mailbox once and wasn't impressed then, either. This'll probably be a "try at a buddies first," game for me.