Nikola Tesla

scorch 13

Mar 24, 2009
So after a recent thread i just looked at i realized how under appreciated Nikola Tesla was until just lately,its true bull crap i mean thanks to thomas edison who stole some of Tesla's ideas and basicaly tried to ruin him we lost 1 of the greastest scientists on earth so i ask how do you feel about this.btw if you like tesla or other scientist join the nikola tesla group!

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Thanks to him I've earned about 10 points in laser weapons! [sub]although how do I learn more by reading the same book over and over again?[/sub]

ninjaman 420

Feb 18, 2009
As a student of ITT Technically Institute i assume i can say that is very true. I watched a movie about him in school and he was truly revolutionary.

scorch 13

Mar 24, 2009
HUBILUB said:
Thanks to him I've earned about 10 points in laser weapons! [sub]although how do I learn more by reading the same book over and over again=[/sub]
nikola tesla and you

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
scorch 13 said:
HUBILUB said:
Thanks to him I've earned about 10 points in laser weapons! [sub]although how do I learn more by reading the same book over and over again=[/sub]
nikola tesla and you
It taught me a lot without actually teaching me anything.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
I perfer Leonardo Da Vinica, but I looked up Telsa and well it seems he didn't invent much but his ideas seemed to help with are current technology, I wouldn't say he is as more under appreciated as any other great inventor.

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Mcupobob said:
I perfer Leonardo Da Vinica, but I looked up Telsa and well it seems he didn't invent much but his ideas seemed to help with are current technology, I wouldn't say he is as more under appreciated as any other great inventor.
Wireless electricity? The man could do things with technology we are only catching up to now. Know why we didn't get it? Thomas Edison. Stole Teslas Electricity and the Movie Camera from someone else.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
i know who Tesla was however i have no idea what he did other than the fact that he's a scientist, or a phisisist or something.

If your going to kill me do it quicly, and please, tell my girlfriend i love her.

Tazeyo

Nov 5, 2009
The world is a strange and dangerous place for all people.
I'm really inspired by Tesla's ideas, but as I'm more of a hobbyist on the matter I'm really no good.
I wish they'd teach more about him in school, rather than what they do teach.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
Simriel said:
Mcupobob said:
Wireless electricity? The man could do things with technology we are only catching up to now. Know why we didn't get it? Thomas Edison. Stole Teslas Electricity and the Movie Camera from someone else.

According to Wikipedia he lived through 1856-1943 and 66 years later we've caught up it took us Leonardo Da Vinci lived roughly around the 17th centery and it took about 200 years to caught up too him but like I said all inventors are pretty under appreciated by the masses, and Telsa did come up with some interesting ideas so yeah...

ctrl-alt-postal

Nov 16, 2009
Mcupobob said:
ummmm....

http://web.mit.edu/most/Public/Tesla1/alpha_tesla.html

He invented AC, for the sake of castro's beard! /melodrama

And those are just what was patented. He also built the first known remote controlled boat, a pretty decent feat as valves hardly existed, nor modern batteries and radio was less than 10 years old at the time.

Oh, he also experimented with GIANT FRAKKING LIGHTENING BOLTS!!! He is unappreciated just on that fact, in my (un)humble opinion.

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Mcupobob said:
Simriel said:
Mcupobob said:

According to Wikipedia he lived through 1856-1943 and 66 years later we've caught up it took us Leonardo Da Vinci lived roughly around the 17th centery and it took about 200 years to caught up too him but like I said all inventors are pretty under appreciated by the masses, and Telsa did come up with some interesting ideas so yeah...
The difference is that Tesla's designs actually ya know... Worked.

Xojins

Jan 7, 2008
Does it really matter? Tesla and Edison both contributed greatly to the study of science, so arguing over which one had it down better is pointless... they're both dead anyway.

Bruden

Oct 26, 2009
Tesla was the father of Alternating Current, remote control technology, radio, the internet/television (he dreamed of the Tesla coil transmitting information from written documents to motion pictures along with power), and numerous others that I don't care to spend an hour naming.

He was intensely anti-war, and according to his claims he'd perfected a "death ray" a particle beam cannon that unlike lasers would not dissipate at long range, it was intended to be a border defense ultimately ending wars. Sadly just before he was able to build the full scale weapon he died and the United States confiscated all of his notes.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
scorch 13 said:
So after a recent thread i just looked at i realized how under appreciated Nikola Tesla was until just lately,its true bull crap i mean thanks to thomas edison who stole some of Tesla's ideas and basicaly tried to ruin him we lost 1 of the greastest scientists on earth so i ask how do you feel about this.
I know it's not relevant to the thread but you get points for having a Dr. Ashen avatar.

scorch 13

Mar 24, 2009
Snotnarok said:
scorch 13 said:
So after a recent thread i just looked at i realized how under appreciated Nikola Tesla was until just lately,its true bull crap i mean thanks to thomas edison who stole some of Tesla's ideas and basicaly tried to ruin him we lost 1 of the greastest scientists on earth so i ask how do you feel about this.
I know it's not relevant to the thread but you get points for having a Dr. Ashen avatar.
its brown sofa time!

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
And the radio, I think he had the designs for it before Marconi made his first one

Yeah, I really like the guy. Fantastic mind, but died a poor man

scorch 13

Mar 24, 2009
Mcupobob said:
Simriel said:
Mcupobob said:

I didnt know the tesla coil and the death ray were interesting.