Nine Year Old Codes iPhone App

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
Dammit I was feeling proud of my ability to make Java text based video games but now I feel all stupid again.

insectoid

Aug 19, 2008
Way to bring me down...

Seriously though, I dont' like the Dad, maybe he's just jealous?

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
Raziel_Likes_Souls said:
I sense the Asian stereotypes developing.
It just had to be a nine year old Asian kid that programmed an iPhone application, didn't it? Talk about enforcing negative stereotypes....

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
nilcypher said:
Sure, whatever you say Mr. Lim. I'll be over here, feeling sorry for myself.
I have had trouble turning on my computer, I shit you not.

I feel bad, damn child prodigies "I graduated from university at 12!!" little bastards >:I

But, past that good on him, now all he has to do is convince girls that he's cool...dammit, he made it for his sisters, he can play the loving brother card.

Shit.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
Lim Ding Win is his name.
he would be worth nothing if it would be Lim Ding Fail :)

(that's just jealousy talking, ignore that prick)

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
nilcypher said:
"Ding Wen is an above average boy with an interest in computers, especially Apple IIGS and Macs
The two statements counter each other. I think if you had studied code for two years, this sort of app would be easy, but as none of us has experiance in this it seems incredible. You gota remember that when your his age, you have the free time to dedicate yourself to something like that - not many people choose to though (I'm not suprised). I'm sure he'll go far.

tinkyyy

Nov 17, 2008
Wow, that does make me feel a little stupid. That's some pretty impressive shit from a 9 year old though.

Cinnamon_Toast

Jan 18, 2009
That is pretty amazing to be honest but when I was 9 I was still burying my head in candcastles and such.

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
I have a horrible feeling that this thread could be locked if one troll comes in and sparks an asian debate.

On Topic: Wow, kudos to the kid. If he's been learning programming for 2 years, think where he's going to be in 10 years. 'Above average' my ass.

InsanityWave

Dec 22, 2008
wow he achieved something ive always dreamed of doing at the age of nine.. I have been put to shame, I wish they taught us more about programming in school.

Washboard

Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!
Dec 17, 2008
doh, wish i could do programming so well :) i'm stuggeling writing a programm that reads temperatures off a file and then sorts them :p hate java :(

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
It'll pass when he hits 13. He'll run away from the shackles tying him to the computer at home and live on the streets for 2 years before being picked up by the Chinese military. He'll be outsourced to Africa where he'll go AWOL and make a rich, bountiful living far away from his home setting up 6kb Dial-up networks in small African towns.

Eventually he'll remember his family, and return home only to find them gone. Vanished. With all their possessions still in place, he'll take a seat at his good ol' reliable (Mary), and start typing away in epic movie style. He'll trace his family through the massive interconnecting series of tubes that is the internet, picking up every last scrap of information, every word, every picture, every little pixel. In the Pentagon, the Kremlin, and Other government databases. He'll slowly become misguided, straying from his original pure goals. At the sight of all this secret governmental information, he will shit bricks. He'll slowly begin to realise his power and write a program to hack into all the missile guidance systems in the world and allow him to re-direct them mid flight. He'll manipulate the world's media: Newspapers, Reuters, websites to spark off World War Three.

His choice now lies in either the path of good or the path of evil. His unknown position of power (in his bedroom) over the world's ballistic and flight capability gives him ultimate control over the fate of humanity. He's doing this now, as I speak. He was a great man once, but now I fear for us all. Pray, all of you, Pray he's still the man he used to be, for your own sake if no-one else's. He controls everything you see, hear, and know, only now does he give us a glimpse of his existence, leading fools to extrapolate crackpot theories. This boy, supposedly of 9. Has control over your fate, and the fate of the world. He controls what you hear, see, and ultimately what you know. Your memories, your friends, your loves. He is Big Brother, he is God.

At least when the power's up.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
hey lok my kid can say his ABCs!
MY KID MADE AN IPHONE APP BIEYOTCH!

my $ is on that he cybertetically enhanced that kid or used supergenious sperm and inseminated his wife while she slept.