Ninja Gaiden 2 to Support Sixaxis for T&A

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
cobra_ky said:
Lord Krunk said:
Team Ninja are legends.

Seriously, it takes cojones to do something like that with the legal system as it is at the moment.
what exactly are the legal issues involved here?
Read the court case of Fahnbags v. Theettees.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
Halo Fanboy said:
AboveUp said:
shadow skill said:
Behemoth of a post
You're right, DoA only sucks because it's not a good versus game. Not to mention the boss battle at the end of every game being extremely cheap making it a bad single player game as well.
The only thing that makes the game sell is the fanservice.

I'm not saying any of those games are bad by the way. I've played and enjoyed them, with the exception of Ninja Gaiden 2. Since it's a hard game in the cheapest sense of hard, and the same 2 moves work in every situation so you may as well spam them to quickly set enemies up for an instant kill.
This doesn't mean I don't like difficulty, this means I like difficulty when it's done correctly, DMC is a lot better at that than NG2. My favorite game in terms of being punishing but fair would be the recent Dishwasher Dead Samurai on the highest difficulty.

I'm saying they're simple straightfoward action games that require little to absolutely no brain activity to play. In other words, they lack depth.

You're trying too hard to win an argument where there hardly is one.
I think your definition of complexity is too narrow. A game that presents you with anything difficult to master is a form of complexity. A shallow fighter is one where button mashing a powerful spam move wins, while a complex fighter rewards you for difficult inputs and more situational moves. The player that is aware of the game's complexity isn't as much strategically planning his attacks out than knowing what to do intristically.

I think I could suprise you with complexity in DMC and God of War you have no idea about. And while I don't really play NG much I've learned to trust a vetran of the game more than a newbie when it comes to complexity.
... and that is exactly why Ninja Gaiden is far from complex. Charging your strongest attack and waiting for an enemy to walk into it and jumping and pressing Y are pretty much all the complexity it has in terms of difficulty curve and control scheme.
Everything else that the game has is just filler to make it look more impressive.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
cobra_ky said:
Lord Krunk said:
Team Ninja are legends.

Seriously, it takes cojones to do something like that with the legal system as it is at the moment.
what exactly are the legal issues involved here?
Not neceassarily legal, but people sue for anything these days. This new feature sounds like an easy target.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
Oh dear =P

And yet somehow, I can't help but smile. It's just kinda cute and and a little pitiable that they make a point of giving the plyer a bit of control over how much jiggle physics they see.

darkecofreak

May 13, 2009
If I may say so, then, sir, aren't you really just projecting your own distaste with this concept onto God/Jesus/Holy Spirit (He is the Three-In-One, after all), and don't you make yourself look like a arrogant prick when you say that God/Jesus/Holy Spirit would feel a certain way about something like this?

Maraveno said:
darkecofreak said:
Well, first of all: kudos to the artist who created that picture. Looks very nice. Second, doesn't it say somewhere in the Bible that no one can know the mind of God? And wouldn't that statement preclude people assuming how God feels when stuff like this happens?

Maraveno said:
first off it's Jesus second of course that's the point of it now is it? we're stating without knowing that he does by default

Gyrefalcon

Jun 9, 2009
Wow, I hope Team Ninja gets to do Conan or DOA: Extreme Beach Volleyball 2-Men's Swimsuit Edition. Mmmm. Wouldn't it be great to be able to watch the jiggle factor applied there? I'm sure everyone would be rushing out to buy it with as much excitement as Ninja Gaiden's Sixaxis game. It's only fair right? I'm sure it wouldn't turn anyone's stomach at all. *sarcasm* What's good for the goose is good for the gander after all. :p

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Emphraim said:
At least the spokesperson says it straightforwardly...

They know their demographic well.
This and the whole article has made my day complete. I love shameless pondering of the female anatomy. Sexist statement, yes. True, yes.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Well, tried the demo and it works on there once you unlock Ayane. It's fun, if only for a few seconds before your face gets ripped off by a feckin' werewolf

darkecofreak

May 13, 2009
You could just express your distaste without projecting it onto a force/entity/person. "I disagree with Team Ninja on this topic." is perfectly clear, and does not assume anything about inscrutable creator figures or how said figures would feel about said topic.

Maraveno said:
darkecofreak said:
If I may say so, then, sir, aren't you really just projecting your own distaste with this concept onto God/Jesus/Holy Spirit (He is the Three-In-One, after all), and don't you make yourself look like a arrogant prick when you say that God/Jesus/Holy Spirit would feel a certain way about something like this?

Maraveno said:
darkecofreak said:
Well, first of all: kudos to the artist who created that picture. Looks very nice. Second, doesn't it say somewhere in the Bible that no one can know the mind of God? And wouldn't that statement preclude people assuming how God feels when stuff like this happens?

Maraveno said:
first off it's Jesus second of course that's the point of it now is it? we're stating without knowing that he does by default
I found it the proper response

There were no other facepalm variants to explain it better

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Back in the SNES days depictions of blood in games was the hot button issue. Today we've accepted bloody games almost apathetically, but whenever anything sexualizing comes up a rift emerges pretty rapidly between those that support or are in favor of it and those that find it appalling.

Personally, I think there are better ways to inject sex into video games than this, but unfortunately it gets so much negative attention that we are left with self-deprecating unintentional lampooning like this. Seriously, I'm alright with jiggly polygons, but Tecmo has done it all wrong for so long now, and they're supposed to have been the first to ever use "realistic breast physics".

This is either too funny o be sad, or too sad to be funny, I really cannot decide.

Gyrefalcon said:
Wow, I hope Team Ninja gets to do Conan or DOA: Extreme Beach Volleyball 2-Men's Swimsuit Edition. Mmmm. Wouldn't it be great to be able to watch the jiggle factor applied there? I'm sure everyone would be rushing out to buy it with as much excitement as Ninja Gaiden's Sixaxis game. It's only fair right? I'm sure it wouldn't turn anyone's stomach at all. *sarcasm* What's good for the goose is good for the gander after all. :p
I realize where you were going with that, but as a matter of fact I'm for that too, at least with the 'fair is fair' aspect of your reply. I don't think a guy's junk is supposed to jiggle (and I shudder to think about it for even a second), but the fact is things should be fair and go both ways. It's just like that in cinema, why not in gaming?

Gyrefalcon

Jun 9, 2009
Icehearted said:
Back in the SNES days depictions of blood in games was the hot button issue. Today we've accepted bloody games almost apathetically, but whenever anything sexualizing comes up a rift emerges pretty rapidly between those that support or are in favor of it and those that find it appalling.

Personally, I think there are better ways to inject sex into video games than this, but unfortunately it gets so much negative attention that we are left with self-deprecating unintentional lampooning like this. Seriously, I'm alright with jiggly polygons, but Tecmo has done it all wrong for so long now, and they're supposed to have been the first to ever use "realistic breast physics".

This is either too funny o be sad, or too sad to be funny, I really cannot decide.

Gyrefalcon said:
I realize where you were going with that, but as a matter of fact I'm for that too, at least with the 'fair is fair' aspect of your reply. I don't think a guy's junk is supposed to jiggle (and I shudder to think about it for even a second), but the fact is things should be fair and go both ways. It's just like that in cinema, why not in gaming?
Dude-you are awesome! ^-^
Yes, even I cringe at the thought of sixaxis Conan: The Barbarian, or better yet, Watchman (yet I bet it would be worth a few laughs). But women's breasts aren't full of helium either! *laughs* But equal jiggle on the screen might be the only way to gauge when things have gone too far-from cute fan service to just plain silly.

I appreciate your support. Fun times!

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Ha ha ha, my first encounter with this story was via the first Escapist News Network video and at the time I didn't realize it was real. Now I see that the "upcoming Wii version" with "one-to-one boobtacular control" was the only part of that story that was not deadly serious.

The mind boggles.

minoes

Aug 28, 2008
Gildan Bladeborn said:
Ha ha ha, my first encounter with this story was via the first Escapist News Network video and at the time I didn't realize it was real. Now I see that the "upcoming Wii version" with "one-to-one boobtacular control" was the only part of that story that was not deadly serious.

The mind boggles.
That would be Metroid: Another M.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
I would find that hilarious but I can't imagine that going over very well with Metroid fans - it's not like Samus can jiggle at all in the armor.

annoyinglizardvoice

Apr 29, 2009
Daftest use of gaming technology ssince the SIMs games. I'm glad I'm an Xbox player, gore holds my interest much more than boobs (I'm playing these games to work some stress out of my system afterall)