Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Has Less Gore, More Girls

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
/complete facepalm.

So sick of this kind of shenanigans. Less story, more tits approach is lame.

not a zaar

Dec 16, 2008
CrafterMan said:
/complete facepalm.

So sick of this kind of shenanigans. Less story, more tits approach is lame.
There no 'less story', there's 'less blood'. All the violence is still intact. I wonder if this decision was made because of the extra female PCs. Maybe the designer didn't like the idea of women causing so many geysers of blood.

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
Syntax Error said:
Heavy_Moses said:
Why less gore more titties? Why not same gore more titties? Or MORE gore more titties? (admittedly that last one would be slighly difficult)

But on a serious note the pair of breasts with the woman attached that are already in the game are ridiculous enough, she claims she works for the CIA but looks as though she is just a prostitute with ideas beyond her station, the same with wassname from the first one why, if you fought demons, would you wear sod all. More women will not make this game better, sort out the last boss and you might go some way to fix it.
In the world of videogames, armor works on reverse for females.
Even holding that true, you have to think: Is armor really going to help against daemons? I mean, they're other worldly beings; they're gonna cut through you like a knife through warm butter.

Anyways, I don't get the complaints here. I've played this game, and the gore really does get excessive. Besides, it sounds like you can still cut peoples heads off, they just won't erupt like blood geysers. Also, putting aside fan service reasons, what's wrong with getting 3 new player characters?

OffTopic: Is your avatar Oswald from Odin Sphere? Cause that is awesome :D

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
deadman91 said:
HardRockSamurai said:
More tits, less gore.

Isn't that a Republican slogan?
And have you seen the tits on some of the republicans?
I haven't (sadly).
You should be hapopy, actually. Once seen, Rush Limbaughs manboobs cannot be unseen.
You're right.

I have seen the light and it burns.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
The geysers of blood added to the crappy story. It was like something on sci-fi channel. Appalling stuff as far as good content goes, but so over-the-top you can't help but enjoy it sometimes. Really, I don't see the reason for removing the gore. Lopping a ninjas legs off, stabbing your sword through his head, then yanking it off with a swing off the sword as his blood rocketed through the air was a cathartic experience, giving some satisfaction as to what was otherwise a frustrating experience thanks to the rather cheap difficulty (the first one at least felt fair, this one not always as much). I can't see adding busty girls as compensation as a true perk for anyone but the immature who giggle at the sight of boobies. I found the huge, unrealistic breasts of the females and using them as a selling point in the games far more off-putting and annoying than the violence.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
sanzo said:
Even holding that true, you have to think: Is armor really going to help against daemons? I mean, they're other worldly beings; they're gonna cut through you like a knife through warm butter.

Anyways, I don't get the complaints here. I've played this game, and the gore really does get excessive. Besides, it sounds like you can still cut peoples heads off, they just won't erupt like blood geysers. Also, putting aside fan service reasons, what's wrong with getting 3 new player characters?

OffTopic: Is your avatar Oswald from Odin Sphere? Cause that is awesome :D
Armor helps, provided it's magical (and/or made by a famous/otherworldly Blacksmith). And yes, it's Oswald. Sadly, I can't find a gif of him transforming, so this will have to do.

sighh

Mar 3, 2009
As long as limbs still rain down all over the place I guess it won't be too bad.

It is kind of disappointing though, this makes me much less excited for the release of sigma... the framerate issues killed the game for me the first time around. The removal of gouts of blood every time I press a button will most likely make the game less satisfying as that was half the fun.

Also, more convenient savepoints????? what????? fuck that, make it harder not easier!

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
That's the problem. I'm all for having more playable characters (particularly the not-gargantuan-boobed Ayane), but do you know what in the demo sold me?

Let's go back in time, to a world that was happier... or maybe that's just nostalgia...

The Land Before Time said:
Here's me and my friend, testing some demos my sister brought home. Having both loved the original, we decided to check out Ninja Gaiden 2. Hordes of enemies, almost unending, flying at us with speed. In an instant, I draw my scythe and send it crashing down on a nearby ninja.

And hacked him in half.

We both sat there, staring at the screen. After 2 minutes of silence had passed, my friend turned to me. "Buy it."
It was almost hypnotic, the blood and gore flying around the speedy whirlwind of death that was Ryu. Why would they turn it down?

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Because they don't want to be trumped effortlessly by another, far better title?
I'm guessing that the 'better title' you speak of is God of War 3?

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Lord Krunk said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Because they don't want to be trumped effortlessly by another, far better title?
Of course not. He meant LittleBigPlanet.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Fraught said:
Lord Krunk said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Of course not. He meant LittleBigPlanet.
Duh. Have you not seen the disembowelment physics for that game? There's cotton flying everywhere.
I heard they're going to change that cotton to blue energy in the sequel though.
Pretty lame, if you ask me.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
Lord Krunk said:
That's the problem. I'm all for having more playable characters (particularly the not-gargantuan-boobed Ayane), but do you know what in the demo sold me?

Let's go back in time, to a world that was happier... or maybe that's just nostalgia...

The Land Before Time said:
Here's me and my friend, testing some demos my sister brought home. Having both loved the original, we decided to check out Ninja Gaiden 2. Hordes of enemies, almost unending, flying at us with speed. In an instant, I draw my scythe and send it crashing down on a nearby ninja.

And hacked him in half.

We both sat there, staring at the screen. After 2 minutes of silence had passed, my friend turned to me. "Buy it."
It was almost hypnotic, the blood and gore flying around the speedy whirlwind of death that was Ryu. Why would they turn it down?
Seriously. I played it when a friend of mine came back in town during a break from college. he had it pre-ordered, so the day it got in we were at the store as soon as it opened to pick it up. As soon as we get back to my place we boot it up. As we engage our first ninja, a few swings of the sword cause one of his arms and legs to end up on the ground as his stumps spray blood. Our jaws hit the floor. Suddenly, at the random press of a button, Ryu stabs his sword through the mans head, and with a visceral tug rips the head clean off. We both exclaimed a loud "HOLY FUCK" simultaneously, and proceeded to litter the balcony with various body parts. As the fight ended and Ryu cleaned the blood off of his Dragon Sword with a light swing, he set his controller down, we looked at each other, and knew we were in for a hell of a time.

As silly as it may seem, the sheer violence induced a sense of awe, and it was unlike anything I'd done in a game. It makes you feel so much like a badass ninja, the fantastical killers we imagine them to be. It seems silly to remove it for no reason and replace it with something as nonsensical as blue sparks.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
If this announcement doesn't have "Public Relations" written all over it I don't know what does. Either way as long as the game is good I'll play it. I hate it when they use Boobs and Blood as a selling point...

That actually would be a good name for a game... Boobs and blood. It's be like DOA Extreme Volleyball only instead of a ball you would have nailguns and flamethrowers.

-Jon
-Creator of Apocalypse Lane