Nintendo 3DS/DSi + Pokemon Black/White

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Hey guys, recently I was thinking of selling some games that I never played, and my old Nintendo DS, to go towards buying a new Nintendo DS and either Pokemon Black or White. So my two questions are:

1. Which Nintendo DS version should I get? Which is the best value, or should I wait a couple of weeks until the release of the 3DS in the UK? Or should I keep my old Nintendo DS? Keep in mind I will primarily be playing Pokemon Black/White.

2. Which version of Pokemon should I get? Is it worth it? Which one is the better? I have seen a couple of reviews for it and it seems good but I want a wider range of opinions. (So far I have heard that White is the best version because you get more Pokemon).

Thanks in advance guys :)

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Looks like I'm gonna have to decide myself :p

Think I might go with the Nintendo DSi XL and Pokemon White...

Krakkenman

Dec 17, 2010
I'd keep your DS if you're going to be primarily playing Pokemon White. On the 3DS, the DS games are nerfed a bit in terms of screen resolution.

chipman007

Oct 13, 2010
Yeah, I would keep your DS if you are going to primarily play Pokemon on it. As for the version its really just which pokemon you prefer. I have Black myself, they both are good. I would only get the 3DS for the 3D gaming, not really for anything else, OH! and 3D pictures.

Snork Maiden

Snork snork
Nov 25, 2009
Aylaine said:
I can't speak on which version to get, but I would go with your normal DS if all you are going to do is play pokemon on it. If you want some 3DS games on the side or may want some in the future, then the 3DS may be a better option. :3
Nooooo the DSi XL is the best thing ever!

Although in all seriousness if you don't want the 3DS for the DS games I'd probably just stick with your current DS. Pokemon actually has some neat online stuff (especially free gift Pokemon Nintendo give out) which obviously you can only get if you have a DSi of some sort. That said, the only other improvement the DSi could possibly offer is a bigger screen if you go for the XL, and as much as I like my XL I really don't think I could recommend it given the 3DS is just about to launch which will kind of render it obsolete.