Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
WeepingAngels said:
Lightknight said:
WeepingAngels said:
Draconalis said:
WeepingAngels said:
We are talking about the 3DS (should we now call it the 2/3DS) here, not the Vita.
Believe me... I made no mistake. My Vita isn't collecting dust, because I'd have to at least own one in order for it to sit unused.
Your Vita is collecting dust on some store shelf...LOL

What's going on with the standard unit? Is that being discontinued? 8GB of HDD space is a laugh in a world where digital downloads are a thing.
Yeah, I think the Basic model is done. Stores will likely discount it to get it off the shelves.
Hmm, I still maintain that the number one thing they could do is to stop pushing the gamepad. We know the thing costs around $140 before shipping costs to replace if you break your current one or if it gets stolen. Imagine if the price drop was down to $160 instead of $300? I don't know about others here, but at that price my question would stop being whether I should buy a PS4 or XBO and would start being whether I should buy a PS4 or XBO in addition to my WiiU. As long as they continue to mandate that developers support the gamepad and continue selling them seperately, it should give people the option to choose rather than just doubling the price of the console for a peripheral that in most cases only gives the ability to play from another room. Perhaps we could see a patch for existing games that require it.

Oh well, they've got some good games coming in a few months. Maybe this will all work out for them.

ChaosDragoness

Jun 5, 2012
What ever happened to, oh I don't know, TURNING THE 3D OFF ON THE 3DS? Now Nintendo's coming out with this ugly doorstop-looking thing. How the hell am I going to fit it into my pocket when I'm on the go if it can't even close? Isn't that sort of what handhelds are all about?

I know everyone's going for new innovations, but Nintendo isn't even innovating like they did when I was growing up. They're only a few Virtual Boys away from wanking away their entire company. I never thought I'd say this...but Miyamoto-san, I am very disappoint.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
ChaosDragoness said:
What ever happened to, oh I don't know, TURNING THE 3D OFF ON THE 3DS? Now Nintendo's coming out with this ugly doorstop-looking thing. How the hell am I going to fit it into my pocket when I'm on the go if it can't even close? Isn't that sort of what handhelds are all about?

I know everyone's going for new innovations, but Nintendo isn't even innovating like they did when I was growing up. They're only a few Virtual Boys away from wanking away their entire company. I never thought I'd say this...but Miyamoto-san, I am very disappoint.
Turning the 3D off doesn't prevent you from paying $40 more for that button's existence. I hope this version at least feels comfortable in the hands. That's about the only thing that could redeem the terrible style of the thing.

Rect Pola

May 19, 2009
I like this as an idea. Especially the fact they took advantage of the larger shape to move the controls to the center. Perhaps Yahtzee will get one and finally STFU about how "painful" 3DS games are for him to play.

Personally, I'm not in love with the 3D function. It doesn't give me headaches, but the narrow viewing angle between working and looking blurred is irritating. If this came out earlier as an option, I would genuinely have to consider which shape I liked more. My XL is fine going into a pocket, but 2DS shoots that to hell. I don't travel much with it, but it's nice for racking up coins (which will be awkward on the 2DS).

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Rect Pola said:
I like this as an idea. Especially the fact they took advantage of the larger shape to move the controls to the center. Perhaps Yahtzee will get one and finally STFU about how "painful" 3DS games are for him to play.

Personally, I'm not in love with the 3D function. It doesn't give me headaches, but the narrow viewing angle between working and looking blurred is irritating. If this came out earlier as an option, I would genuinely have to consider which shape I liked more. My XL is fine going into a pocket, but 2DS shoots that to hell. I don't travel much with it, but it's nice for racking up coins (which will be awkward on the 2DS).
That assumes it is ergonomic, which I'm doubting.

However, this would be a really good time for someone to create a silicone backing that is ergonomic for human hands. I mean, Yahtzee will likely go with a less kid friendly version of it but the result is the same.